• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Time to Buy a Refrigerator

LSUlakes

DIS Veteran
I hope I have come to the correct place for advice for this topic. If not, please remove.

I am currently in the market for a new fridge and it looks like I will need to purchase it between now and April 29th. Any suggestions on when I can get the best deal and from what places do yall recommend? Anything I should stay away from? Thanks for any and all help!

I'd start looking around now and if I found one I liked at a decent price, I'd make the deal.

One thing that you don't want to do is have yours die and need one RIGHT AWAY and then find out that the one you really wanted is a special order that will take 2 weeks. Been there, done that. Not good.

I'd start looking around now and if I found one I liked at a decent price, I'd make the deal.

One thing that you don't want to do is have yours die and need one RIGHT AWAY and then find out that the one you really wanted is a special order that will take 2 weeks. Been there, done that. Not good.

I guess I should add that we are moving and our current fridge is staying. The home we are purchasing is taking their fridge with them. The advice above is still very good, and being without one for two weeks would be a disaster, so I will probably start the search to at least get familiar with what is available. I have never purchased a new fridge so its a little new to me.

We got ours on Craigslist, top of the line model, less than a year old, in excellent condition, with an extended warranty, and we paid less than 1/2 of MSRP. The owners were downsizing and it wouldn't fit in their new house. Of course we got very lucky with timing, but worth a look if you're comfortable going that route.

I watch deals come and go, and whenever i see a good deal, i get is as quickly as possible.

head over to slickdeals.net, set up an alert of refrigerators and wait for the emails to come in alerting you of all the deals found.

I'm looking for a new fridge too, I can't believe how expensive these are. We have been watching one we want but the cheapest I can get will be $1800. HHGregg has a good policy of looking for all the prices and giving you the best price.

We just had to buy one due to our 8 year old fridge stopped cooling. We actually went to a Sears outlet store and picked up a black Samsung 26cf side by side for under 800.00. The store had a ton of scratch and dent fridges but ours was brand new still in the original box.

Check Consumer Reports for ratings. Also cross-check with the reviews on sites like The Home Depot & Lowes.

If I remember correctly, a couple of years ago at this time there were some great sales and rebates on home appliances. I got a great price on some appliances, free financing (24 or 36 mo. no interest) and when a rebate came out a week or two later, some money back. This was through Home Depot.

FYI - Most appliances, like many products, are made by only a few companies now and are just relabeled for market branding purposes.

Sears Scratch & Dent outlets - cosmetic damage (scratches, gouges) is O.K., but watch out for anything that has frame damage (folds or crumpled edges, etc.).

Definitely check the scratch and dent areas! We got a $1300 fridge for $500 at Lowe's. It was a custom order and the customer changed their mind. No damage at all on it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter