Best Table Service for a Solo Diner

wvdisluv2

<font color=red>NEVER trust a vacuum!!!<br><font c
Not sure if this should go here or the Dining Board, but....what is the best/easiest Table Service for a solo diner? I don't have a problem sitting at a table or the bar, would like somewhere I can get a glass of wine. Open to all cuisines:goodvibes Suggestions?

boy there is a bar in uk - rose and crown

that say happen to love Cape May cafe - BC

beaches & cream - at BC - also has a bar

In terms of bar seating, I would definitely recommend Raglan Road, House of Blues, The Wave (in Contemporary), Prime Time Cafe (in the Studios). Also consider the little sushi bar on the 2nd floor of the Poly.

I would add the Flying Fish. Great place to sit at the bar and watch them cook the diners and visit with the chefs while dining and enjoying your wine.

I would add the Flying Fish. Great place to sit at the bar and watch them cook the diners and visit with the chefs while dining and enjoying your wine.

I second the Flying Fish, or also the Yachtsman Steakhouse (dining room or the bar).

Not sure if you can get wine there but I think Beirgarten is a good place for a solo traveler. I know because we sat with one on our honeymoon and, as weird as I was with sitting with strangers, we had a blast with her!

I've eaten solo at many restaurants in WDW. One of the best places but not necessarily easy was California Grill at the counter. Here is a random list of the rest.

Kouzzina was good -- the space is loud though.
Sanna - I had lunch.
Brown Derby - they seated me way out of the way but the service was good.
Yachtsman - excellent service
Artist Point - very nice service and they gave me a window table too.
Beaches and Cream - does not really have a bar, ice cream, burgers fries. They have a counter.
Flying Fish - ate at bar and table service. Bar was fun. Table service also nice.
ESPN - if you want to watch sports - good burgers too.
Chefs de France - not bad as a solo. They can be very busy.
Narcoussee - good service, can sit at their bar. Have had table service there and never been disappointed.

I was reluctant to do TS solo for a long time, then the first one that "broke the ice" for me was Chef's de France at lunchtime. I'm a real people watcher, so I loved sitting next to the window watching everyone walk by. I found that if you ask nicely for a window table, pointing out that you're solo and would like to watch the world go by, they're very accomodating. The only thing that's a little disconcerting is that a few people walking by must think it's one way glass or something because they walk right up to the window and stare in.
Another place I initially felt OK solo was Sci-Fi Dine Inn-sitting watching the movie screen just felt like sitting at home in front of the TV while eating.

Artist Point at WL. There also is an adjacent lounge where I would feel comfortable having a glass of wine solo.

Biergarten could work if you have fun tablemates. If they're not, you have the show to watch. You can get wine there - I had a sampler of 3 wines and they were quite tasty. :drinking1

I enjoyed Boma solo and Tepan Edo solo.

Tepan Edo would depend on your tablemates and I had great ones. I did Le Cellier solo and felt a bit uncomfortable. It may have been because the server gave me too much attention.

I would think the Territory Lounge in WL would be a good place solo. The bartenders were very nice there.

On my next trip I'm trying Yak and Yeti and Chef De France solo. Those should be yummy.

Biergarten could work if you have fun tablemates. If they're not, you have the show to watch. You can get wine there - I had a sampler of 3 wines and they were quite tasty. :drinking1

Tepan Edo would depend on your tablemates and I had great ones.

I was going to suggest these too. They provide some entertainment as do the other dinner shows.

Even at coral reef you can enjoy the fish(in the aquarium that is).

Honestly - just eat where you want and don't worry about being solo! And don't feel obligated to take a seat at the bar - go ahead and do table service if you want. My last trip - some meals were solo, some with co-workers, some with my boyfriend. I didn't find the service varied based on the group type - but simply based on the server. I had great service solo, and lousy service solo. Same can be said for my experiences in an all-girl group or as a couple.

Thank you for all of the replies/suggestions!:goodvibes I'm 12 days out from a spurr of the moment solo (1st) trip~I'm trying to check reservations, but not having much luck~what are the chances of a walk up for 1 person? Other than a bar seating of course :confused3

Thank you for all of the replies/suggestions!:goodvibes I'm 12 days out from a spurr of the moment solo (1st) trip~I'm trying to check reservations, but not having much luck~what are the chances of a walk up for 1 person? Other than a bar seating of course :confused3

From my experience, I'd say pretty good. I just went solo during free dining, so the resturaunts were pretty busy. Yet I was able to get a walk up at 50s Prime Time, Liberty Tree Tavern, Rose and Crown, Coral Reef, and Boma. At a couple of those, I went right at opening and was always met with a smile and a "We can squeeze you in" and was seated within a few moments.

I've done one solo trip and contemplating another....the first one I was really nervous about dining alone...now, I am looking forward to it.

By far the best for dining alone is the counter at Flying Fish. I also enjoyed Sci Fi as a single diner, more for the atmosphere than the food...I didn't have to entertain myself!

Just wanted to pop back in and say my 1st solo trip was a blast (until my phone died the day before I left:sad2:) I didn't let it completely ruin my last day though;)

I managed to snag a lunch reservation for Le Cellier and couldn't pass it up!
Sat between two families who were both very talkative and friendly:goodvibes
One even gave me a fastpass for Soarin!

I had the cheddar soup, mushroom filet, and a very good glass of Red Diamond Cabernet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter