Best Table dining for my husband and teenage son

srdavidson

Earning My Ears
Help me pick the best places to reserve for my husbands first trip and something my 17 year old bonus son will enjoy! A sidenote, we will be there for a week and on our anniversary. 😊

Fun!
when are you going and is food quantity more important or quality?

There are so many great choices.
It depends what type of food you like.
And is quality or quantity more important?

We do not have kids and not sure when you are going so some might not be open but these are our favorite TS:

Breakfast - Whispering Canyon Cafe, Boma, and Trail’s End. There are a few that were character ones we went to prior to COVID which are Trail’s End, Cape May, and Tusker House.

Lunch or Dinner -
MK - Tony’s. We used to love Be Our Guest dinner never tried the counter service lunch there but believe now it is the prix fixe for both meals, Liberty Tree Tavern used to offer a menu for lunch along with the all you can eat platter and only the all you can eat platter for dinner so we would do lunch but I understand now you can only get the platter for both meals and do not know if that will change.
Epcot - Coral Reef, Chefs de France, Tutto Italia, and Le Cellier.
DHS - Hollywood Brown Derby and 50’s Prime Time Cafe.
AK - Rainforest Cafe.
AKL - Boma.

I'd suggest California Grill at the Contemporary. I've heard good things about Shula's (steak) over at Swan and Dolphin. Maybe Topolino's for a new place and has nice views from the top of Riviera.

Based on quantity I would suggest Biergarten at Epcot, Liberty Tree Tavern at MK, (both are served family style) and Homecomin at DS (delicious food and very large portions!).

For quality, my teenager loves California Grill and we hear great things about Topolino's so we have reservations there in March.

Help me pick the best places to reserve for my husbands first trip and something my 17 year old bonus son will enjoy! A sidenote, we will be there for a week and on our anniversary. 😊

Just curious, is ¨bonus son¨ another name for stepson? I hadn´t heard that and like it.

Quantity wise I'd also recommend Liberty Tree Tavern and Biergarten. I'd add Boma to that list too especially if you can go on a night when they have the ribs (if they still do that). I believe they serve or have served those on weekend nights. 50s Prime Time is a good time + quantity in my opinion. Serving sizes are large and in charge.

Quality recs - Another +1 for California Grill. We always make a point of going there. Plus if fireworks return by the time you go and you time your dinner right, you can be seated and eating dinner/dessert when the fireworks go off. One of my favorite experiences at WDW to be honest. I also found Chefs du France extremely tasty and good the one time we went there for lunch.

Breakfast - Whispering Canyon Cafe, Boma, and Trail’s End. There are a few that were character ones we went to prior to COVID which are Trail’s End, Cape May, and Tusker House.
I'd add Boma to that list too especially if you can go on a night when they have the ribs (if they still do that).
Unfortunately I don’t believe Boma has reopened yet. I guess there’s a chance that it could by July.

We really enjoyed Chef Mickey’s for breakfast since it went to family style. Tons of food (and we went before characters returned so it was a reasonable price).

Ohana for dinner was another fave, lots of food, fun atmosphere - maybe they will open by July????

I really want to try Biergarten next time we go. That’s on the top of my to do list!

Quantity wise I'd also recommend Liberty Tree Tavern and Biergarten. I'd add Boma to that list too especially if you can go on a night when they have the ribs (if they still do that). I believe they serve or have served those on weekend nights. 50s Prime Time is a good time + quantity in my opinion. Serving sizes are large and in charge.

Quality recs - Another +1 for California Grill. We always make a point of going there. Plus if fireworks return by the time you go and you time your dinner right, you can be seated and eating dinner/dessert when the fireworks go off. One of my favorite experiences at WDW to be honest. I also found Chefs du France extremely tasty and good the one time we went there for lunch.
Thank you! My favorite meal when my boys were young was at O'hana. We timed the reservation for the fireworks, had a window seat, and it was the best! Sure wish it was open now. Sounds like California Grill is a must!

Thank everyone! I used to take my boys every year when they were younger but the last time was 2009, so I'm out of the loop. (They are now busy giving me grandkids to take when they are older. :-) ) Excited to take my new husband of 6 years and his son! I have ate at some of the suggestions so glad to hear they are still good spots. I've written them all down and will be ready when I can make my ADR's!

My teenage sons' favorite restaurants are Yak & Yeti, 50's PT, San Angel Inn, Tokyo Dining, and for breakfast they like Grand Floridian Cafe, The Wave, and Whispering Canyon Cafe.

California Grill is great for anniversary. 17 year old?? My son would have hated at 17. He did not like fine dining and really does not care for it even today. However, I have freinds who have older teens that love fine dining. Part of the answer depends on personalities.

Biergarten is a good choice. But it's a buffet---does anyone know the current protocol @ a WDW buffet?

Biergarten is a good choice. But it's a buffet---does anyone know the current protocol @ a WDW buffet?

it’s currently served family style I believe. They bring you a bit of most of the things they had on the buffet then you can get more of anything you want! Look for a review online. I read one that convinced me I had to go next trip!

My favorite for quantity is always Cape May Cafe. If you like seafood and putting on a feedbag, this is the place. But, it's a buffet, and who knows when they'll reopen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter