Best steak (USING DXDP)? STK vs. Boathouse vs. Le Cellier?

ErinsMommy

She believed she could, so she did
We're on the Deluxe Dining Plan and heard great things about both STK as well as Boathouse. DH loves Le Cellier so I'm adding it just for comparison to the other two. I particularly enjoyed Yachtsman Steakhouse but found the atmosphere too stuffy plus I felt really uncomfortable and under dressed in jean shorts and t-shirt (and I don't pack anything but on vacations :P) so I didn't add that at all for that reason.

I have never been to STK, but The Boathouse was our favorite restaurant on our last trip. In fact, after we ate there the first time, we cancelled a reservation for another restaurant a few days later, and made one at The Boathouse. We have eaten at LC, and thought it was good, but The Boathouse's filet blew their's out of the water. Also had the lobster bisque, which was fabulous, and the Firecracker Shrimp (my daughter still talks about it). I would definitely recommend it!

Oh--the atmosphere is not that stuffy--in fact, it can get pretty loud (especially if you're eating in the room with the live entertainment).

I think if you felt underdressed in jean shorts at Yachtsman, you would feel really out of place at STK in the same. STK prides itself on a nightclub atmosphere.

Officially, it's the same dress code as elsewhere. In practice, people dress up quite a bit more there.

Well--"nightclub" may not be the most accurate description--from what I've heard, hip-hop DJ spot sounds more like what you will find at STK.

Which is why we much prefer Boathouse!!

Very casual!! Shorts, T's, sneakers, etc--all just fine.

It's rather an "open" restaurant so there is a certain noise level--but not like having your ears blown off by a DJ as at STK.

Making me re-think our plans. But we've always loved LC's steak best (and in 3+ visits over the last 5/6 years, it still hasn't disappointed us) so I think we'll stick to that. The truffle butter sauce gets us every time! I think we're just sauce people :)

I wasn't impressed by the food at the boat house. The grilled shrimp did not taste grilled and the sword fish tasted "fishy"; a sign that it's not fresh. Loved the atmosphere and drinks. I am also not an LC fan. I have never had a bad meal at the Yachtsman Steak House however.

You also have to think about the side dishes that make the steak shine. I would have to say that the risotto is the best side to go with the filet at Le Cellier!!!!!

I think if you felt underdressed in jean shorts at Yachtsman, you would feel really out of place at STK in the same. STK prides itself on a nightclub atmosphere.

Officially, it's the same dress code as elsewhere. In practice, people dress up quite a bit more there.

Agree! We went to STK for the first time in December. We were seated against the back wall & didn't find the music as loud as some people say, plus it was more popular music than the hip hop others report. But people did seem a bit more "cleaned up" than park attire. It definitely felt like a more upscale place.

The steak however -- OMG! So good!! I had not been feeling well so DH & I split a steak & sides. They had no problem with that. Looking forward to going back sometime to have my own steak!!

So glad I found this! We were torn between Yachtsman, LC and Boathouse. Ended up with Yachtsman resies because there wasn't a convenient time at Boathouse for us. BUT then found Open Table and got exactly what we were looking for at Boathouse. Can not wait!

We actually prefer the Yachtsman for steak, the boathouse for drinks and atmosphere and LC for soup and desert. Don't have a problem with attire at any of them. If we were going for side dish though, it would be to Yachtsman hands down for the Truffles and Mac.....decadent with a capital D. Love the Maple Crème Brule' at LC though and the cheese soup. Drinks and relaxation on the dock at Boathouse can't be beat.

I guess I just described my perfect day, early lunch at LC with just soup and desert followed by afternoon drinks on the dock at Boathouse watching the amphicars putter by. Dinner at Yachtsman with the NY strip and Truffles and mac, followed by afterdinner drinks back at Boathouse watching same amphicars putter by again.....and again.....followed by the best dang public transportation system whisking me back to WL (with a cordial at TL as the nightcap!). pirate: ARGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH! pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter