Best steak houses in disney.

Go to Jiko and get the oak grilled filet mignon… The steak on its own is fantastic but it also some with the 4 cheese macaroni. also get the Brazed Wild Bore as an appetizer. Jiko is easily one of Disneys best restaurants (if not the best).

I’m going to Disneyland in May and the one thing that makes me sad is that they don’t have Jiko… I might give Napa Rose a try but I doubt it’s as good as Jiko.

Last edited:
Go to Jiko and get the oak grilled filet mignon… The steak on its own is fantastic but it also some with the 4 cheese macaroni. also get the Brazed Wild Bore as an appetizer. Jiko is easily one of Disneys best restaurants (if not the best).

I’m going to Disneyland in May and the one thing that makes me sad is that they don’t have Jiko… I might give Napa Rose a try but I doubt it’s as good as Jiko.
I think Im the only one in the world that hated Jiko! I got the steak and it was totally inedible. Maybe it was an off night? Willing to try it again since everyone seems to ADORE it.... the wine list was fantastic!

A lot depends on whether you are looking for more than a filet. There are several restaurants that people list as their favorite steakhouse where the only steak is a filet. That doesn't cut it for me. Steakhouse 71 has a couple options and is on the cheaper side. Yachtsman, STK, and Shula's have mutiple cuts of beef. Personally, I prefer Shula's.

Shula's was a disappointment to us. So far we've had great steaks at Le Cellier and Steakhouse 71. I'm planning Bull & Bear on our next trip.
Us too. We tried it in November for the first time and were super excited. We didn't think the steaks were really all that good.

The best steak we had was at Citrico's. We did Yachtsman a few years ago and had terrible steaks - I think we probably need to give it another chance because it does get good reviews. Steakhouse 71 is good for the price point, but as others have said, the steaks aren't as "fancy" as they are at some of the Signature restaurants.

The BOATHOUSE is owned and operated by the Gibsons group out of Chicago, one of the top purveyors in the country. Some might not like it, as good prime aged steaks acquire a depth of flavor and nuance, a funk, if you will, that people who just want a piece of meat aren’t necessarily looking for, though they do sell a fair number of filets there. With sauces, of course.

Brazed Wild Bore would be a good name for a punk band! The Braaied Wild Boar Tenderloin at Jiko is quite good, though (and a nice use of Afrikaans, which remains an official language of South Africa spoken by citizens of multiple ethnic backgrounds).

We just came back from our Christmas trip and we dined at Narcoosee's on our final night. I very rarely eat steak or red meat but I decided to try the Filet and it was amazing. I've always liked the Filet at Yachtsman but this was even better. I requested it medium and it was cooked perfectly and so tender.
I'm so glad to hear this. We have a rez there in two weeks for my birthday and few people have mentioned the steaks.

its funny about the prime cuts. Didn't Shula's used to be almost all prime cuts? Looks like only a few are now. I also thought Yachtsmen wasn't prime cuts, but on their menu several are listed as prime. This is going back years ago, admittedly and my memory may not be correct. Does anyone know?

We just came back from our Christmas trip and we dined at Narcoosee's on our final night. I very rarely eat steak or red meat but I decided to try the Filet and it was amazing. I've always liked the Filet at Yachtsman but this was even better. I requested it medium and it was cooked perfectly and so tender.
So we have been on property 2 times in past 12 months. We have eaten each trip at Jiko, Citricos, Flying Fish, and Topolino's. Other places also but either of us have had fillets at each of these places. So this is what we noticed. All Fillets. look like this picture. They are a thinner smaller cut. Not like a couple years ago when each place had their own "cut" some places used thicker more typical block fillets. A much much higher quality steak with each place having it's own identity. Now they pretty much remind me of an Omaha steak in a box. I mean they were all good but deff not the same. No where near the same.

I didn't have the strip these 2 trips at Flying fish so can't comment, but all I'm saying is. the signature places used to have a very distinct identity with their steaks. I think that is gone.

Remember the BBQ fillet at California grill way way before they changed the whole place. That was my favorite on property.

We haven't been to Yatchsman past 2 trips cause we had other places on our radar.

I mean the 4 places I mentioned above are all still in our top 5 places on property but the steak game is way way way below where it used to be. I wish I can dig up the pics I took of my dinners at each places over the past 2 trips but I deleted the pics. I took them to send to people talking about how all the meals were reflections of themselves.

Flying fish
I would have to say Flying fish if I had to pick right now also. The menu right now is also really good. The pork belly app is really good but so is the pork belly at citricos. Flying fish still has the potato snapper which is a star on property and always has been.

its funny about the prime cuts. Didn't Shula's used to be almost all prime cuts? Looks like only a few are now. I also thought Yachtsmen wasn't prime cuts, but on their menu several are listed as prime. This is going back years ago, admittedly and my memory may not be correct. Does anyone know?
They dry aged all their own cuts years ago. That was their big thing. They used to have an Australian Wagyu Strip when it "wasn't a thing" a long time ago. I'm talking at least 12 years ago. Plus now. Yatchtsmen was much much better back then. They used to also have the New Zealand rack of lamb that my dad and myself used to always get. that was the star of the place then.

I'm a bone in ribeye all day long at home when I cook. Second for me is a strip steak. But I got to be cooking them.
Have you ever tried the stovetop butter-basted method? Best steak I ever made at home. No kidding.

Have you ever tried the stovetop butter-basted method? Best steak I ever made at home. No kidding.
Yes.

Pretty much every cut of steak I cook anymore is reverse seared. The slow and low to 15 degrees below doneness is either on a gas grill or green egg smoker at 225-250 if we want that smoke taste. Then my sear at the end is a 700 degree if my green egg is being used or on the gas grill with the littlest of olive oil to get that sear. If it’s winter I take it in and finish in cast iron on stove top like you mention. Butter is always a win win. lol

But the reverse sear is the only way to go with steaks or even thick cut pork chops. What’s nice is you can let em sit at that 15 degree below doneness for a while and not worry about searing right then and there if u aren’t ready to eat. Just don’t tent so it cools and stops cooking. Doesn’t take away any tenderness or juice. While point of the reverse sear.

Just for others if not familiar with the process. Best read up on the science behind it is on spruce eats site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter