Best Spot to View illuminations ?

There are so many places to view IllumiNations at Epcot's World Showcase

that are wonderful in each of its own way that its futile to try to list them... so I will. ;)

• Bridge between UK and France

• Norway area

• Upper level (outside front terrace) of the Matsu No Ma Lounge in Japan

• Italy, near the Gondolas

• Mexico, at the new Cantina

• Mexico, bridge to the right of the Cantina (as you face the lagoon.)

• UK, the Rose & Crown outdoor dining area (ressies required.)

• UK, just to the left of the Rose & Crown (as you face the lagoon.)

• Many, many more great spots.

Be sure to avoid any tree branches that block your overhead view,

and watch out for any "islands" in the water

that block your view of the "center" of the lagoon.

On a busy evening, arrive at your chosen spot 45-60 min. before show time.

Most Important Tip:

Don't stand down-wind of the fireworks.

Their SMOKE will ruin the show.

So, If the wind is blowing into your face as you look towards the Lagoon, you are in the wrong spot.
;)

-----------------------

Epcot-WS-GE_040916_zpsdz271kit.jpg

------------------------

Hey Robo, what about the top of the stairs in Canada?

Thanks, heard of this suggestion & thought I'd give it a try!

Thanks, heard of this suggestion & thought I'd give it a try!

The Canada steps location (and many other popular spots) can fill rather quickly, so if you want to get a spot, arrive early (how early is dependent on luck and overall crowd level) and hold your place until show time.

Our favorite location is the bridge between UK and France. Number 7 on Rob's map.

Provided the wind is in a favorable direction.

Immediately west of the African Outpost rock wall. Just not directly behind the lamppost there. You think the island will block your view of the Earth Globe and Inferno Barge. So does everyone else, so it crowds late if at all. But it's actually a perfect view.

Italy gondola area. If you go on a night that Wishes is scheduled for the same time as Illuminations, you can see them both at the same time! :)

That's the beauty of Illuminations...there are almost endless options of where to see it, all with great views. Frankly, I think it would be harder to list bad places to see it then good, IMO. Personally, our favorite is right around the twin gift shops, simply because it's the closest to the exit. :D

We like around France and America. Way less crowded. Then you hang back for a bit and wait for the crowds to die down before leaving. Plus it's near the Les Glaces.. Such delicious sorbet.. Nice to enjoy during Illuminations!

If in the Japan area, the balcony at the Japan pavilion, outside of Teppan Edo and Tokyo Dining. If more toward the other end, the area between Norway and Mexico is great. There are really unlimited good viewing areas. Just be aware of wind direction for smoke and ash fallout. Enjoy.

• Bridge between UK and France

• Norway area

• Upper level (outside front terrace) of the Matsu No Ma Lounge in Japan

• Italy, near the Gondolas

• Mexico, at the new Cantina

• Mexico, bridge to the right of the Cantina (as you face the lagoon.)

• UK, the Rose & Crown outdoor dining area (ressies required.)

• UK, just to the left of the Rose & Crown (as you face the lagoon.)

------------------------

Tried all of the above over the years except for the Upper level of the Matsu No Ma lounge.

This year I used a FP and watched Illuminations from the railing behind the western gift shop. This is my new favorite area. I went twice, for Holiday Wishes and NYE (where a FP was not necessary, and we were able to stand directly behind the wheelchair area). Loved the location

Wondering about a good spot, a little bit away from the action?? I have a 6 year old that is not a fan of bangs and booms from the fireworks...

Wondering about a good spot, a little bit away from the action?? I have a 6 year old that is not a fan of bangs and booms from the fireworks...

No such thing as that with IllumiNations.

If you get far enough away, you will simply not be able to see the actual show,
which is more than just fireworks.

And, there are some very, very loud fireworks explosions in IllumiNations.

Last edited:
I've been woken up my illuminations while staying at CBR. It's one of the louder booming fireworks..

My recommendation is to invest into a set of child ear protection headphones. You can find them with some quick amazon searches. They aren't horrible in price, they will be happier. Get the ones that looks like they work at the airport and not simple in your ear ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter