Best socks for Disney? (ones that are super comfy, but won't make my feet stink!)

laurajetter

Mouseketeer<br><Font color="red">The Tag Fairy thi
I usually wear cotton socks because that's what I've always used, and I usually just get the cheapest multi-pack at Walmart I can find (which usually become shapeless and baggy over time). I've always thought socks are socks and the more expensive ones can't be that much better, but now I'm thinking maybe I'm wrong... There was a pair of those low-cut ankle socks I got one time and I could just tell the stitching was superior to others I'd had, and they fit my foot like a glove, and never slipped out of place once (I don't know what brand they were). Another time I received a pair of expensive thick socks (meant for snowboarding) and they felt so comfy; I could tell the material and workmanship were really high quality.

Now I'm planning for a trip to Disney in June and want to buy new socks. I forget the exact term for the cut, but I don't want them to come several inches up my ankles, but seeing a thin edge around the shoe opening is okay... I don't want them super low cut though), I don't mind spending more than I did for the cheap ones I've gotten in the past, but I also don't want to spend a ridiculous amount of money either.

One major problem I need to avoid though is that I have found my feet absolutely stink in a wretched way with some synthetic socks I'd received from my mom. There were a ton in one pack and they were rather thin, so I feel like they were probably a cheap pack. What I don't know is did my feet stink because they were cheaply made socks or due to the fact that they were synthetic material? I keep coming across socks that claim to have a sweat-wicking ability and seem like they'd be just what I need, but they are always synthetic... Maybe it depends on which type of synthetic material is used as to whether they make one stinky? I have no clue, and there aren't any sock aficionados around that I know of!

Qualities I'm looking for:
• non-stinky
• great fit (no baggie areas, fit like a glove, don't slip)
• comfortable for extended walking

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Check out wrightsocks - I also no longer get blisters with these. Expensive, but the last a long time - cool in summer, warm in winter. Many different styles, from no-show (which is I think what you want) to crew length.

Smartwool - best socks I've ever owned. They come in thick and thin and all lengths. Expensive but I often find deals at Sierra Trading. They last like iron.

I like Wrightsocks too - but I like Smartwool better. My sister gave me a pair of Smartwool socks when I was going to Costa Rica about 15 years ago. They were great in a hot, humid environment with lots of walking in the rain forest.

Surprisingly, I LOVE the athletic socks from Five Below. I have tiny feet but they fit be perfectly, have extra padding on the bottom of the foot and around the back of the ankle, and last me forever!

arminnie and davper- Are the wool socks itchy at all? Any time I've worn a sweater or had a blanket with wool in it after having it on for a while it would start to feel a bit scratchy. Not sure if the socks would be different? They sound great!

Not itchy at all. And I know what you mean about sweaters being itchy.

I've used Drymax socks without any issues. They come in a variety of styles. In doing research about socks (and personal experience), I've found that 100% cotton socks tend to cause blisters.

I second the Smartwool socks, and the suggestion to check Sierra Trading Post. REI Garage will often have deals on Smartwool, too. They are pricey, but so worth it! And merino is easy to wash and dries quickly, so in theory, you could just buy one or two pairs for your Disney trip and wash them in the sink at night and set them out to dry.

I like the addidas brand because they fit like a glove and don't slip into your shoes while walking. They do cost a little more, but I wouldn't use any other because of their great fit. You can get breathable ones for hot weather too. good luck:)

I love Bombas. Theya are an online brand. Super soft, no annoying seams and they stay put. They are expensive but sometimes there is a coupon code for first time buyers. Also, for every pair of socks you purchase they donate one to a homeless shelter. It’s a win/win!Bombas

None. We prefer to wear Keen or Teva sandals. We seem to run into rain a lot on our trips, and I cannot stand wet tennis shoes and socks.

They're too pricey for everyday use, but when I know I'm going to be very active/likely to overheat, I have a couple pairs of Feetures running socks I like to wear. They're moisture-wicking and very comfortable, and even when I've used them for their intended purpose (running) they've never bunched up or chafed.

Something to keep in mind for laundry/care -- some moisture-wicking clothing stops working correctly if you put it in a drier with a drier sheet, as the drier sheet puts a sort of coating on your clothing -- good for reducing static, bad for letting things that are meant to absorb or relocate moisture do their jobs. Because athletic socks are expensive, too, I'm wary of accidentally frying them, so they're among the clothes I hang up to air dry when they come out of the washer.

Spending the extra money on socks is worth it. I usually buy Adidas moisture wicking socks. They don't slip as much as Nike. But I tried a pair of Smartwool last year and they are the best socks ever!! Lightweight, comfortable, keep your feet dry and no blisters from rubbing!

I like smartwool and balegas. If you look at balegas and one of your main concerns is preventing blisters, go for the "blister resists." I tend to prefer smartwool in winter/cooler weather and balegas at other times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter