Best shoes for Disney?

Well, you threw in the "cute" requirement which really doesn't go well with the request for best Disney shoes. Honestly, I've given up on my shoes looking remotely cute while there. Comfort is the priority. I usually bring tennis shoes and Keens. I will only wear the tennis shoes on days that aren't calling for rain (which is rare). Nothing is worse than having sopping wet tennis shoes. Keens are perfect, because they have the cushion of a tennis shoes while being made from neoprene. If your feet get wet, you aren't misereable. They dry quickly.

The same ones I run in.. They have been specially picked out just for my feet and/or stride.. Granted I'm a guy, so cute and shoes dont really go together for me.. So cant help you there.

My go to tennis shoes are Nike Pegasus. I have some cute hot pink ones and also some with a tropical flower print! Occasionally I will wear my Tevas if it's a short day or we're just going in to the park to eat.

Vionics... Prefer the thong style sandal. Great colors, arch support, heel support and despite being considered "orthotic" they look great too! I have about 15 pairs and live in them. They last all day/nite for me at parks.

Vionics... Prefer the thong style sandal. Great colors, arch support, heel support and despite being considered "orthotic" they look great too! I have about 15 pairs and live in them. They last all day/nite for me at parks.
I love flip flops so much! I took your advice and ordered a pair! Do you have to break them in?

We always buy Clarks sandals, a little bit of cuteness and a lot of comfort, perfect for 20,000+ steps we do every day in WDW (according to our pedometers!)

Kay Bieber: I didn't have to break them in but many people do. I think it just depends on yoUr feet. I typically get mine at Qvc online or a local store. I find the ones that Don't have the felted type footbed/softer actually more comfortable for long wearing. My feet just tend to get too much friction/rubbing somewhat sore from them. Wearing them for a hours is fine, but for All day/nite wear I use the type that are Not material like.
They have soooo many cute colors and styles. I literally live in them.
Good luck!

I bought some adorable hidden mickey croc sandals at WDW 2 weeks ago. I had brought my good nike walking shoes, but these were like way more cozy.

I bring crocs as they are great in a rain storm. They dry very quickly. I also bring my regular comfy sandals and my runners. All are broken in already. I then rotate shoes everyday. The rotation helps me to usually not develop hot spots and blisters. If I feel a blister coming on and are close to my hotel then I will go and change shoes.

I have to wear sneakers. Too much walking for anything else. I have seen parents buying expensive socks or sneakers for their kids at the shops at the park because their feet are getting blisters from wearing the wrong kind of shoes for lots of walking

I like naturalizers sandals. Last trip I wore them most days, sneakers on other days.
My everyday commuting shoes are hush puppies Chaste ballet flats. 10,000+ steps a day, 5 days a week.
I recently picked up a pair of crocs jelly sandals which are very cute for that brand. I haven't worn them enough yet to comment on long term comfort but they look promising.

Black sandals with little hill or wedge. I have geox and ecco and will wear them again in 2 weeks. They look good with dresses and shorts

like these

MD_0000133986_253693_09.jpg

MD_0000125056_236205_06.jpg

cheese are also a back up walking shoes, I find they look better then traditional runner

Last edited:
I like my Asics running shoes and Keens Venice H2's. If you are looking for something a little dressier I have some crocs Taylor slingback flats that are super comfortable to walk in, but I haven't work them in the parks.

Well, you threw in the "cute" requirement which really doesn't go well with the request for best Disney shoes. Honestly, I've given up on my shoes looking remotely cute while there. Comfort is the priority. I usually bring tennis shoes and Keens. I will only wear the tennis shoes on days that aren't calling for rain (which is rare). Nothing is worse than having sopping wet tennis shoes. Keens are perfect, because they have the cushion of a tennis shoes while being made from neoprene. If your feet get wet, you aren't misereable. They dry quickly.

I agree.
I work 12 hour shifts on my feet all day. While I love my running shoes (currently in a New Balance) but I find that I cannot wear the same pair of shoes more than 2 days in a row. My other shoes are Danskos. They are super comfy but I don't know how "cute" they are with WDW attire. Great with jeans and maybe leggings but not everyone likes that look. These do take some getting used to so I wouldn't wear these all day after getting them.
For previous WDW trips, I've worn my running shoes for a day then switched to my Chacos which are waterproof. The straps are very adjustable which works for my wide feet with high arches. My mom also wears Keens but she has normal feet. I'd suggest at least two pairs of shoes for the parks. Not a fan of flip flops at all. If you do take some sneakers, I'd highly recommend some good socks. I am a runner / biker and love SwiftWicks or Balegas. Both are moisture wicking and feet great. The Swiftwicks come in a compression style that I personally LOVE for running and all day at work.
m

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter