"Best" Servers at 50's Prime Time Cafe??

GoofysPrincess

Mouseketeer
Hi all -- we'll be in WDW this Saturday (woo-hoo :bounce: ) and I'm wondering if those who have been to 50's recently can recommend some friendly, interactive servers. We have people traveling with us who have never been to WDW before, so I'm trying to make their trip really special.

Thanks to all!!

I just ate at the 50's PTC in early August (8/10) with a friend of mine, and we had an incredible waiter named Topher. He had a great sense of humor and definately knew the menu well - we tipped him accordingly. If you're there and Topher is working, I definately reccomend him! :)

AMANDA!!! Definitely request Amanda... or even to be in the same room as her. What a trip!!! No one was safe in the any room she is in!

We were just there and our favourite was "Aunt" Brenda. Our son is still talking about her, "next time we go we'll have to tell Aunt Brenda this or that etc" She really made the experience special. She even has brag books of pics of some of the families who have visited her over the years and pics of her own family too. It was a lot of fun and the food is awesome too. I can highly recommend the chicken pot pie and the cheesecake for dessert. JMHO

Uncle Spence. Oh man is he a character. He gave my mom a kids menu to color so she could keep one elbow on the table. He kept sneaking up on DS who would put his hat on or elbows on the talbe if he thought Spence wasn't around. DS was finally pulled into the middle of the room to sing "I'm a little Tea pot". There was a lot more, but it would take all night to post.

We found Brenda to be pretty interactive, but not overbearing. There aren't any, to my knowledge, any "family members" there that aren't interactive. If you want someone slightly less overbearing, Aunt Brenda is perfect!

Cindy was also really nice, and not at all overbearing!

We had a great time with "Aunt" Elaine. She sat down with the kids, DD(10), DS(14) and DS friend (also 14) and said not to get upset...she was just going to have a good time. DS friend (his 1st trip) had a blast! He called his parents when we got back to the room and just went on how awesome this place was. We have been there before....and we will continue to go! :D :D

We've eaten here every trip, and always had a blast, no matter who our server was. One of our favorite restaurants in WDW.

We thought "Aunt" Elaine was terrific also.

BUMP;)

I curious as well family and I have a PS for 10/13, also did you ask for a certain server when you made your PS or as you arrived for your dinner? BTW GoofysPrincess have a great vacation!

Thanks,
Lisa

I wish I could remember the name of our server ~ oh, sorry, "cousin" ~ that my family had when we ate there. Of course, it was 2 years ago at Christmas, so she might not even be there anymore. She was awesome! She only teased us a little about elbows on the table ~ oh, she did catch my dad talking with his mouth full.

The best thing was that it was really my first meal in about a day as I'd managed to catch some virus while working the nursery at my church for the early Christmas Eve service. I managed to only eat about half my salad (we somehow missed the chicken noodle soup on the menu). When our "cousin" came to clear our plates, she started to tease me about not finishing my meal and made a big deal about giving everyone else in the family their clean plate stickers. My dad explained that I'd been really sick the day before (couldn't even manage after 2 hours and some meds at the EPCOT first aid station), and she said "Oh, then I think you've done really well! Let me go and explain the situation to Mom!" In less than a minute (it seemed), she was back with a sticker and a huge peppermint stick for me from "Mom!"

Leave it to Disney to even make being sick magical!

~ Beth

We had Aunt Carrie this past Friday... she was great!!! Took care of me when my husband told on me for not eating all of my meatloaf (too much black pepper for a non-black pepper eater). She really made the dining experience well-rounded and lighthearted.
-MrsAPalm

Well, it definitely wasn't ours. She was HORRIBLE. NO interaction, NO smiles. Nothing until we finally ordered a s'more and she said that was an excellent choice. Sorry-don't remember name. I tried to forget her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter