• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Seating for Fantasmic! with Fireworks after??

Geemo

DIS Veteran
A while back, I read a post about where to sit in the Blue Bayou seating area for Fantasmic! that gives you a nice view of the Fireworks and Flying Characters too.

Now I can't seem to find the thread and post....

Can anyone give me their opinion of where to sit in the BB section so I'll also have a good view of all three?

For that matter, is there a good spot for those that don't have BB seating to stay and see the Fireworks afterwards?

Thanks
Geemo

The Flying Characters are only visible from in front the castle (the hub and adjacent areas).
Many guests in the Fantasmic viewing areas leave immediately after the first show, so it is easy to find a spot to view fireworks.
Directly in front of the center water projection is a good spot.

We just watched on Wednesday night from the BB section. Looking at the river, we were just to the left of center and we could see Tink and Nemo. Not like we could from the castle area, but we could see them through the trees for sure! Tink much better than Nemo. Tink went above the trees and we had a good view of her several times. Nemo was more just an orange section in the trees. It was a wonderful surprise tho as I wasn't sure what to expect from watching at the Rivers of America. We saw the fireworks show two times and the River view was the best we got....our castle spot was on the left side of the hub and the trees blocked most of the fireworks, but the castle projects were awesome!

We just watched on Wednesday night from the BB section. Looking at the river, we were just to the left of center and we could see Tink and Nemo. Not like we could from the castle area, but we could see them through the trees for sure! Tink much better than Nemo. Tink went above the trees and we had a good view of her several times. Nemo was more just an orange section in the trees. It was a wonderful surprise tho as I wasn't sure what to expect from watching at the Rivers of America. We saw the fireworks show two times and the River view was the best we got....our castle spot was on the left side of the hub and the trees blocked most of the fireworks, but the castle projects were awesome!
So if we were to sit left of center to far left, this would be best? With left being towards the Haunted Mansion, correct?

So if we were to sit left of center to far left, this would be best? With left being towards the Haunted Mansion, correct?

We did the BB package and sat here yesterday, we saw Tink thru the trees too. We weren't all the way left, just left of the center stage. Really enjoyed the fireworks from here after Fantasmic, we saw the fireworks from IASW twice but thought that it was nicer here with the extra little fireworks that they threw in.

We did the BB package and sat here yesterday, we saw Tink thru the trees too. We weren't all the way left, just left of the center stage. Really enjoyed the fireworks from here after Fantasmic, we saw the fireworks from IASW twice but thought that it was nicer here with the extra little fireworks that they threw in.

Yes, I would say as close to center as possible. We were just to the left of center and it was great. I think too far left (towards Haunted Mansion) would impact your viewing of Fantasmic! and might not give a better view of the fireworks.

We were very surprised by the extra fireworks. I hadn't realized we would see our own fireworks show. I thought we would get the projections/sound and see the castle fireworks at some points. It was a great location and I am really glad we did the BB package. The meal was fabulous and the seating was so worth the small amount extra we paid.

We did bb wed too! Thought fireworks were great for that area, but you could see that you were missing things by seeing memo and fire peeking over the trees. I've never seen the fireworks from anywhere else though...

This is great news as we are doing BB package soon. How long after Fantasmic are the fireworks?

We did bb wed too! Thought fireworks were great for that area, but you could see that you were missing things by seeing memo and fire peeking over the trees. I've never seen the fireworks from anywhere else though...

Definitely. We watched the fireworks from the left side of the hub one night and had an amazing view of the castle/matterhorn/tink/nemo, but couldn't see the fireworks as well because of the trees on the left side. I just cannot imagine how early one would have to stake spots to get a really prime viewing location. We watched the fireworks from our hotel roof also, so we are telling ourselves that between the 3 shows we saw the 'real' thing. HA!

This is great news as we are doing BB package soon. How long after Fantasmic are the fireworks?

Minutes. I think F! ended about 9:20? and the fireworks were 9:30ish. It is a great place to see them. They did a little mini show over RoA and we could also see the main show to the right a bit, so I was really happy. The meal was fabulous also. We had the Surf and Turf. I would highly recommend the package! The meal alone was worth the price of the package, in my opinion.

Are they still combining BB with RBT dining? Is the viewing area packed?

We did the RBT dining package two weeks ago, on a Tuesday. They did combine the Bb and RBT dining packages together. I don't think you could get a bad seat here if you tried. We saw the fireworks right after and had a great view as well.

Viewing the fireworks from the Fantasmic location is my new favorite spot for watching the fireworks. On our first day, we watched PtN parade (had a great view of parade and loved it) and then the fireworks (from the end of Main Street). It was so stressful with all the people and I was too short to see the castle anyway and could barely see the projections. Then 2 days later we did the BB F! package and I just stayed there and it was so much more enjoyable. I too could see Tink through the trees. Having less stress, less people and a place to sit to watch the fireworks, won me over. If I lived near DL and had an AP and could visit whenever, I would be more likely to stake out a prime viewing spot, but I only get there every few years and don't want to cut out a chunk of time for riding rides to save a viewing spot.

With the current weather forecast, do you think Fantasmic or the Fireworks will be cancelled on Sunday?

Thanks everyone for info about left of center for viewing both F! and the Fireworks.

Now I'm wondering about the weather. Channel 7 calls for Sunday 30% rain and Monday 20%.
Those are low numbers so I'm hoping all shows go as scheduled.

Geemo

With the current weather forecast, do you think Fantasmic or the Fireworks will be cancelled on Sunday?

Thanks everyone for info about left of center for viewing both F! and the Fireworks.

Now I'm wondering about the weather. Channel 7 calls for Sunday 30% rain and Monday 20%.
Those are low numbers so I'm hoping all shows go as scheduled.

Geemo

Honestly I wouldn't trust the whole 30%/20% chance of rain, because I've had it where its been oh its a 90% chance of rain! and it didn't rain and same with when it was 20% it ended up raining. SoCal has a funny relationship with weather, I always feel like you won't know if it is going to rain until the day of, or it starts raining and its like "OH .. yeah.. here is some rain." Because on my weather app it says that it's a 60% chance of rain starting tomorrow at 3 am and up. Right now I would just assume it will rain all day and hopefully not be raining by the time the show starts or be light enough that it won't impact a lot of the performance.
I mean they said showers on Monday as well but now it looks like there is absolutely no rain on Monday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter