Best roadside assistance?

always quiet

Sometimes you're the dog, sometimes you're the hyd
What do you think is the best roadsite assistance out there?? We have dealt with Good Sam's in the past and currently new to renew or find another group. I have seen one sponsored by Camping World and another from KOA. Who do you use and what does it run a year? Good Sam's is $99.95.

Thanks for any help!!:D

I have been very happy with AAA. You just have to get the +RV coverage and they will take care of your RV or TT.

The only problem is that not every club in the US offers the +RV add on coverage.

Before making any decision as to which one to join you might want to go to one of the other camping websites and post the same question. www.IRV2.com or www.RVNET.com I remember seeing the same question posted on IRV2.com. I looked for it but came up m-ty. I do know that the two you mentioned do not fair well with the replies and I can't remember which one was the most liked.

Supercrewzer:wave:

GOTO THE OPEN ROADS FORUM......loads of info..
just go to search and put in road side assistance...
right now we have WINNEBAGO, we may go to Good Sam or AAA
this is a must have for us...
we will be driving on New Years Eve for our trek to the Fort...
be there Jan, for a while then to Long Key , then back to Disney......
gonna try 900 loop....any recommendations...
thanks. SPINNER

Originally posted by SPINNER
GOTO THE OPEN ROADS FORUM......loads of info..
just go to search and put in road side assistance...
right now we have WINNEBAGO, we may go to Good Sam or AAA
this is a must have for us...
we will be driving on New Years Eve for our trek to the Fort...
be there Jan, for a while then to Long Key , then back to Disney......
gonna try 900 loop....any recommendations...
thanks. SPINNER

Sorry, I don't have first ahnd info on the 900 loop. I'm an 1800 loop kind of guy;)

The keys are a beautiful area, I hope you enjoy it. It is always fun to spend sunset in mallory Square (Key West) watching the show around you.

We have AAA for our car -- When I bought into AAA I got the AAA with the RV coverage - thought it was great, then I went thru the plan. We have a 1 ton dually and a 5th wheel. For us the RV coverage would not work (at least that is what I understood).

No towing for our dually or 5th wheel. So far we have been blessed with no problems. If we happened to run out of gas or lock our keys inside, etc. we would still be covered for that just no towing.

So to make a short story long -- we kept the regular AAA just gave up the RV portion.

TmnsnMD

We have had Good Sams since for 4 years now. It has worked well. One motorhome tow out of the mud and two flat tire changes on family vehicles. We go to the St. Louis RV show every year and renew for $79. Check out the shows near you. The policy covers all family vehicles. You are probably paying $5 to $10 per year for towing coverage on each of your vehicle's insurance policy. Cancel that coverage and save part of the Good Sam's premium.
If you renew, learn to ignore the junk mail.:(

We have good Sam because AAA in our area didn't offer an RV plan. Also good Sam covered all drivers in our house and all vehicles where AAA only covers one driver unless you add more for more money. Our van broke at home and we had to have it towed to the dealer, one call to Good Sam and they took care of everything else. You can use it any place at any time. The only thing you don't get are the cute little AAA maps, but there are tons of map programs (on-line and to buy) Good Sam has a map program on their site that works pretty well. Between that and our Exit Authority Book, we always seem to be set.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter