Best restaurants with NO park ticket?

principessa0ox

Mouseketeer
What’s the best restaurant for a late lunch/dinner without a park ticket? We’re going for a weekend in December and are only doing the Christmas party. We already have Ohana booked for breakfast on our party day, and, as much as we love it, don’t
want to do the same restaurant twice.

ETA: it’ll be me, my husband, and our 4 kids. I’m an adventurous eater but everyone else is pretty reserved. We do all love Tusker House and Yak and Yeti though, so they sometimes branch out.

Lots of great stuff at Disney Springs.
Jiko in AKL
Steakhouse 71 in contemporary
Geyser Point at wilderness

We love Jiko and bonus getting to explore AKL and the gift shop

Probably depends on where you are staying. If in the area of Epcot, not sure it is worth the time/effort to travel to the other side of the property to eat at one of the monorail restaurants. Similarly, if staying at a monorail resort, going all the way over to the Epcot/HS studio area will take long time.

If you have a car, there are lots of good choices at Disney Springs and fairly convenient to get to.

Just remember that a lot of resort TS are closed in the afternoons - I believe generally 2 to 4.

Kona since you love Yak & Yeti might be an option.

Probably depends on where you are staying. If in the area of Epcot, not sure it is worth the time/effort to travel to the other side of the property to eat at one of the monorail restaurants. Similarly, if staying at a monorail resort, going all the way over to the Epcot/HS studio area will take long time.

If you have a car, there are lots of good choices at Disney Springs and fairly convenient to get to.
We’re staying at Port Orleans. We won’t have a car, but will have the whole day free to explore and eat, so we don’t mind travel as long as it’s on property. I’m hoping to see some decorations too.

Just remember that a lot of resort TS are closed in the afternoons - I believe generally 2 to 4.

Kona since you love Yak & Yeti might be an option.
Oh I didn’t know that! Thank you!

Usually we’re in parks open-close. This is the first time we’ll have so much down time.

I think most your value will be had at Disney Springs ...

but this summer we tried Sebastian's Bistro at CBR and was very impressed. Probably one of the best meals we've had at Disney in a long time, excellent service, smaller more intimate restaurant. All you can eat and price reasonable for Disney. It opens at 4:30 pm.

The Yachtsman Steakhouse at Yacht Club Resort and The Boathouse at Disney Springs are two favorites!

Sanna is delighful. Especially if you are there when the sun is up and get a table by the window. The grounds of AKL are worth the travel. Have a wonderful time.

If you’re at Port Orleans, I would take the boat to DS. So many great places to eat- The Boathouse, Homecoming, Polite Pig, Jaleo etc.

I agree.

Since you don't have a car, the AK journey would be a bit much with bus transfers. The boat to Disney Springs is great with some of the best restaurants.

If you don't have a Jaleo near your home, I would recommend that. I love the restaurant. The garlic shrimp and rabbit are excellent. I also can never resist the cheese plate, so good.

Sanaa is great.

My favorite meal at Disney though was Bluezoo. My daughter loved what she got there as well and my husband and I agree that the tuna was amazing. Bluezoo is at the dolphin though.

We also enjoyed Trattoria Al Forno. The food was good there.

Storybook dining at artist point was good too for a character meal. We also have done Topolino’s as a late breakfast (1140) so it really was more like a lunch for us

Don’t forget that you can get into the park at 4 with your party ticket. I’d do some resort time or Disney Springs after breakfast, then be lined up to enter MK by 3:30.

We had a wonderful dinner at POR with Boatwright's Dining Hall. The best French Onion soup on property.

There is nothing wrong with The Turf Club Bar and Grill. It is rather small, so a reservation is recommended. The service and quality of food far exceeded my expectations.

You have 2 excellent resort dinner options that really couldn't be any closer. I did a dining review on each.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/boatwrights-dining-hall.3928527/

https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-turf-club-bar-and-grill-worth-a-shot.3928438/

Jiko's is open for dinner, not lunch, but for lunch I'd still head over that way to Sanaa at Kidani.

For a nice relaxing afternoon doing something you might not otherwise have done, how about a trip to Ft. Wilderness for lunch (I forgot what the new Trail's End is called), and exploring the grounds, maybe check out the Ranch too, and their activities? Or hop on the bus and take a look at all the decorated-for-the-holidays campsites. The kids can even fall asleep on the bus for a while to get ready for the evening's Party. The Fort is close enough to Port Orleans that you can ride share there in ten minutes. You might even want to combine the visit with a later lunch (check hours) and then take the boat to MK for the early Party admit time. You might even be able to get away with eating really light for dinner and not wasting valuable touring or Party time. The Fort is really a nice corner of the World that most who aren't staying there don't see unless they go to Hoop De Doo.

I would have a light lunch wherever you are for the day and go to MK for when you can enter at 4 pm and have dinner there. We enjoy Liberty Tree Tavern, Tony’s, and Be Our Guest.

Thank you everyone!

I should have clarified - I’m looking for a Saturday meal. We have Ohana and then MVMCP on Sunday. 🙂

I think our plan is to do a bit of resort hopping Saturday to see decorations (maybe Beach Club?) ending with lunch at Sanaa. Then Minnie Van back to our resort to swim, eat dinner at the resort, and get beignets for dessert.

We’ll plan on hopping to the monorail resorts to see decorations on Sunday after Ohana before getting to the party at 3:30ish.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter