• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Resorts for Families of 5 or more

Iheartdreaming

Earning My Ears
What are your favorite places to stay with 5 or more people to a room? We are planning a trip with six people, and would all like to stay in the same room (to be close to the kids.) We are open to both on and off property.

We are driving to Florida, so not having a car is not an issue.

Previously we have enjoyed fort wilderness because of all the things you can do without leaving the resort; but we want to try something new (http://iheartdreaming.com/disney-resorts-for-families-of-5-or-more/).

The Art of Animation Family Suites can accommodate up to 6 people, and the kids would love it!

I second AoA suites. Pricey, but they look so cool. Still cheaper than some options too. ASMu family suites are probably cheaper than AoA but they aren't themed, and I just never hear much about them.

We have rented a townhouse in Windsor Hills. It had 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. 1 of the bedrooms had bunk beds. We loved the extra space and full kitchen was great as well. It was very close to the parks and traffic was never an issue. We have also stayed at HGVC at Sea World. That was very nice as well. The pools were lovely. The downside was the traffic to get to the parks. Good luck in your search!

We gave stayed at Art of Animation in the Nemo suite. The kids are older so we prefer 2 rooms. It's also usually cheaper than a suite.

Depending on the age of your kids, a suite at AoA is a great idea. My family of 5 really enjoyed it (DD 6 & 12) and two bathrooms is a bonus.

Off site I have also stayed in a Villa in Rolling Oaks. The price was good and location excellent for both Disney and other attractions.

We are family of 5 and have stayed at FW cabins, ASMu and AofA. My pick is the cabins because of the full kitchen and FW amenities, but you said you want something different. My second pick is ASMu. They have great activities during the day for the kids and Disney movies at the pool in the evening. The family suites there have more beds than AoA. You will have a queen/full in the bedroom, a full pull out couch, a pull out chair and ottoman. For six, you will have more beds, and you get a second bath which they don't have at FW. AoA is newer and better themed, but we like the music theme. Also while the pool at AoA is great, it is a longer walk if you want to use one of the quiet pools. Oh, AoA food court is better, though we haven't been to ASMu since they redid theirs. ASMu is the cheapest as well. Personally, I don't feel the higher price at AoA is worth it.

We are a family of six. We've stayed in a Cars suite at AoA and our kids loved it. Having two bathrooms was a big plus. This year we are staying in a deluxe room at BWI (sleeps six). The cabins at FW and the deluxe rooms at WL and GF are also on our list of places to try.

I have been seriously considering art of animation. I have heard such great things about the resort. My only complaint is that in July it costs has much as a deluxe resort. Starting to think that I should just pay the price, two bathrooms would be awesome.

We are a family of six. We've stayed in a Cars suite at AoA and our kids loved it. Having two bathrooms was a big plus. This year we are staying in a deluxe room at BWI (sleeps six). The cabins at FW and the deluxe rooms at WL and GF are also on our list of places to try.
The cabins are one of our favorite places to stay. If you have the chance you should defiantly check them out. A word of advice, if you planning on sticking around the resort for a few days rent a golf cart. They are expensive, but you get your use out of the, the resort is very spread out.

We loved ASMu family suites! It was very nice, and the kids loved it. We loved all the space we had, and we used all of it! It was our first visit. Next year, I plan on booking AoA to try that out, then the next visit POR. If I need to save money, I'll flip flop that plan and stay at POR next year, it's actually cheaper than AoA even though it's moderate. I like heavy theming though! I want to try several different places- Caribbean Beach would be next in line following those 2- but I'm positive we will return to ASMu!! I just want to try all disney has to offer! (That we can reasonably afford, lol) I'm sure at some point we'll do connecting rooms to try out Pop, since families seem to love it there too!

We are a family of 6 as well. Last year we stayed at AoA for one night just to try it out. There was plenty of room for us (with 16, 13, 11 and 7 year Olds), but it was pretty expensive. The remainder of our stay we had adjoining rooms at CSR which cost a little less than the suite. We have also stayed off site at Wyndham Bonnet Creek which we loved. So much space for $120 a night!

Before we bought DVC we stayed in a 3 BR at Floridays a few times. It was REALLY great and not expensive at all! If we didn't buy DVC we'd stay there every time!!!

Now we usually get a 2 BR. The biggest was Old Key West. We had a great ground floor with a nice size screened in porch which added to our living space.

Have fun!

We've traveled to Disney as a family of 5, 6, & 7. On three visits we had connecting rooms at Pop Century which worked out very well for us. I did always worry that we wouldn't be given connecting rooms at check-in, but we got them every time. Once AoA opened, we stayed in a suite there and we liked that the most (partly because we're guaranteed to all be in one room). In fact, we're heading back in a week as a family of 5 and we still chose to stay in a suite at AoA even though we could have gotten a room at a Deluxe for the same amount of money. Having 2 bathrooms in the suite is a huge bonus for us (we have 2 teens and a tween) and I like having a master bedroom. And the extra space is nice as well -- much better layout than 2 connecting rooms. While I have no use for a kitchen while on vacation, the larger refrigerator and the microwave in the suite do come in handy for breakfast foods, snacks, and leftovers. AoA is a beautiful resort. We really enjoyed walking around the grounds -- especially at night. We'd grab a drink and sit on a bench on the bridge between AoA & Pop and watch the fireworks from Epcot and DHS. There are lots of activities happening around the resort as well including games and parties by the pool from 1:00-7:00 every day. Movies by the pool at 8:30 every night and drawing classes/contests every day. We were in a Lion King suite (and will be again next week) and loved that location. We were really close to the food court and bus stops and it was a quick walk to the Nemo pool and just a bit longer to the quiet pool in the Little Mermaid section. And the parking lot in front of the LK section was very empty so we were able to park right near a door to the building which made unloading and loading the car very easy.

AoA Suites are great but understand the cost - these are some options that we have used (5 with kids now adults) -

- Downtown Disney Doubletree Suites, brand new suite renovation very nice, table/chairs and they will bring extra chairs, kitchenette, one bathroom. Parking fee.
- Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista South, fairly new, beautifully appointed, one bath but three sinks, excellent cooked to order breakfast included as well as manager receptions, no extra fees, hotel to park parking lot 10 minutes or so.
- Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista, 1 or 2 bedrooms, brand new beautiful renovation, kitchen, 2 baths in 2 bedroom, hot breakfast buffet included, no extra fees.
- Wyndham Bonnet Creek, practically on property, 2 bedroom is great, 2 bathrooms, washer/dryer, full kitchen, big balcony, lots of pools and slides, beautiful resort.
- Sheraton Vistana Resort, just outside Downtown Disney, 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, washer/dryer, full kitchen, porches, several pools located around at different village areas. Just stayed in one fairly newly redecorated and it was beautiful.

All these 10 minutes or so to park parking lots.

We are a family of 6 but often travel as a family of 5 (older son does not always vacation with us). When we are a family of 5, we usually stay POR -- it is our favorite. When we are a family of 6, we have gotten 2 rooms at various moderates. In the past, all 4 kids were under 18 so we were able to get connected rooms with a door in between. It worked out great!

We are a family of 6 as well. Last year we stayed at AoA for one night just to try it out. There was plenty of room for us (with 16, 13, 11 and 7 year Olds), but it was pretty expensive. The remainder of our stay we had adjoining rooms at CSR which cost a little less than the suite. We have also stayed off site at Wyndham Bonnet Creek which we loved. So much space for $120 a night!
I thought the Wyndham Bonnet Creek looked really nice. Even though it's so close did you miss staying on property?

I thought the Wyndham Bonnet Creek looked really nice. Even though it's so close did you miss staying on property?

We love staying on property, but the advantages of Bonnet Creek made up for not being immersed in Disney 24/7. Having a full kitchen, washer/dryer, space to spread out, not to mention the pools, lazy river and mini golf, was awesome. We had a car so driving to the parks everyday was easy. The only thing the kids missed by staying off-site was pin trading at the resort, but it is so close to Downtown Disney that we were able to drive over there for pin trading (being that close to Earl of Sandwich and Ghiradelli's was also a plus) . We would definitely stay there again! The only reason we stayed on-site last year was FP+. It was new, we weren't sure how difficult it would be to get the FP we wanted, and my daughter HAD to meet Ana and Elsa!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter