• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best resort in each category (deluxe, moderate, value) for 2 nights attending MNSSHP?

RoseMom

Mouseketeer
Mommy and son (4 years old) trip for his absolute favorite party, MNSSHP. It's a last minute trip but we plan to stay 2-3 nights. Other than attending MNSSHP we will be relaxing (if that is possible with a 4 year old!), going to the pool, and possibly Disney Springs. Important qualities in a resort for me are newly refurbished, not too far to walk to food and amenities even from the farthest area of the resort, and a fun pool. Would like to see what others think check these boxes in each of the different resort categories: deluxe, moderate, and value.

IMO: Value: POP, resort is not too large and multiple pools and skyliner access. I think theming is better at AoA but if you are in little mermaid section can be a decent walk to food court. Both POP and AoA are recently updated or relatively new. Moderate POFQ, size is perfect for little ones, cute pool and play area and you can take the boat to Disney Springs. Not sure if POFQ was recently refurbished though. Deluxe hmmm for a 4 year old probably Beach Club because of their pool is zero entry for a little one and a lot of activities around the boardwalk area. A close second would be Poly which is a tram away for MK. Animal Kingdom Lodge is just so beautiful too and especially being able to see the animals roaming. I feel the Deluxe choices are very tough. Sorry that wasn't too helpful.

For a Deluxe I would go with WL. 2 Pools that are very close 2 CS that are very close a TS that is very close easy to get to MK. The slide is on the slower side. DS is a bit of a ride however as it is from any MK area resort. If the 4YO is daring the slide at the POLY is much better but a lot of it is in the dark and it is fairly fast as above everything is close. Most import to me with any late night MK is close to MK. As far as theming both resorts are themed really well and very immersive.

Value: No advice as I have no experience. I would choose based on the characters that would appeal to your son.

Moderate: Hands down POFQ. Although rooms aren't newly redone, they are still adequate and very quiet. The resort is small and the amenities are all centrally located. The pool, water play area and playground are all in the same area and super close to Sassagoula's for meals and snacks. Bus service is great. The boat to DS is both convenient and fun!

Deluxe: Hardest category. I would pick either Poly or GF. Both have great pools and kid's water play areas. You can watch the MK fireworks and EWP each night. Great food, small resort footprints, and monorail access to GF, Poly and CR for more dining and shopping. GF has construction going on at the main building only. Poly has construction of the new DVC tower on one side of the resort. I think staying near MK makes the most sense because you are only doing MNSSHP.

Have a great trip!!

Deluxe - CR. But, in the Tower. Close to MK. Close to Food. Pool isn't terrific.
Moderate - POFQ.
Value - Unsure.

Deluxe, Wilderness Lodge… easy access to MK and ticks every one of your boxes. Great pools, small footprint, great food options and serene and peaceful setting.

None of the value or moderates offer this in my opinion.

Deluxe - We just stayed at the Boardwalk and we absolutely loved it there. My daughter loved the pool and there’s so much to do in the area. I also think the Wilderness Lodge is really great for kids at 4 too. We brought our daughter when she was 3. They have a nice splash pad area. The pool isn’t crowded and the resort was really walkable. I think the pool at Beach/Yacht is too big for a 4 year old personally. I was really disappointed in our stay there.

Moderate - the only one we stayed at was POFQ and I enjoyed it. They have a little area for the kids, everything is walkable, and I do believe the rooms were redone.

I haven’t stayed at a value but I hear pop is nice.

ETA: if you’re only doing MK, I would definitely stay at Wilderness Lodge personally.

CR is typically my MNSSHP short trip choice. GF and Poly also fit, not GF main building/lobby construction which isn’t awful but it’s not GF at its finest either.

Walkability back to your resort after MNSSHP is 👍👍👍, in my opinion.

I did several MNSSHP quickie trips with my kids at that age over the years, the hardest part was not wearing them out during the day so we could actually hang long enough to enjoy most of the party! Poly and GF have fun pools that wore them out. CR pool isn’t fun at all but it’s passable - that’s why I’ve tended to lean there as it doesn’t wear them out and it’s easier to say “time to go!”

Value: All Star Movies or Pop Century
Moderate: Port Orleans Riverside or French Quarter
Deluxe: Grand Floridian or Boardwalk

Value-Pop we do not love Pop but based on your needs I would pick Pop
Moderate-POFQ because it is to best mod IMHO. It is a good distance from both MK and DS and is small and the pool is tons of fun.
Deluxe-WL, Poly, CR or GF in that order. I would love to say GF first but with all the construction that moves it to last place. WL because everything is in one building and the pool is a lot of fun. Then Poly and CR tie for second. CR is a walk from MK and the food is all in one building. Poly because the theme and the pool are more fun for a kid than the CR modern vibe.

Deluxe: anything on the monorail line. You're going to MK for the party, so easy access is best. I'd put CR at the top of the list since it's a quick walk back to the hotel.

Mod: POFQ. No competition. Beautiful resort, small footprint, nice pool, good play area, everything is near everything else, and a boat to Disney Springs, which you say you might visit. The rooms, however, are not newly renovated. But they're fine and the place is quiet.

Note that POR has a huge footprint with multiple bus stops.

Value: I'm not qualified to say since the only Value I ever stayed at--ASMusic--was the worst stay I ever had at WDW. I hear that POP is good, but I have zero experience there to confirm this opinion.

Your budget will probably determine where you're staying.

Value - AllStar Movies - newly renovated great theming for a four year old
Moderate - POFQ - super small, boat to DS
Deluxe - Contemporary - walk to MK - rooms themed to the Incredibles

Deluxe: WL! easy boat access to MK for the party, without the long lines that build up for monorail exit from the park. great theming and lots for your son to look at, good food
Moderate: POFQ, which is getting a lot of votes for a reason! it's super easy to navigate and a very peaceful setting
Value: ASMovies! the AS resorts have a smaller footprint and less congestion at pool/bus/food areas than POP or AOA and the heavy disney decor should appeal to your kiddo

Deluxe: Any MK resort.
Moderate: POFQ- small footprint, nice pool and splash pad, boat access to Disney Springs. I can't remember if the refurb in 2018 was just soft goods or total refurb.
Value: Pop Century.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter