Best resort for that Christmas feeling?

WL is easily the best. Then I'd say the Grand since the gingerbread house is very cool. The epcot area resorts all have a distinct holiday feature in their lobbies, so they're also rather fun too.

I have not seen a Christmas decor at Disney (both resorts and parks) that I didn't love. They're all beautiful and uniquely themed. However, I think GF and WL may have a bit more decorations scattered throughout their resort than the others.

GF ornaments
20190713_185736.jpg

WL ornaments
20190713_185715.jpg

Definitely WL. Last November my BFF and I visited quite a few lobbies to check out the different trees and decorations and WL had the most Christmas-y feel to us.

Agree with wl and gingerbread displays, especially gf. However, fw is the place if you and yours like the outdoors. Not only decorations by Disney, but those by campers.

I wholeheartedly agree with WL. My DH and I are planning a trip in December 2020 and will be taking our 2 grandsons ages 3 and 4 for their first trip. Hoping to stay at Boulder Ridge ....A girl can dream!

I’ve been to WL many times but never during Christmas. However, I always felt it would be the best one during the holidays so this December we chose WL. Can’t wait to see it all decked out.

From my experience, I would have to say Wilderness Lodge. In a word...unbelievable! 417441417442417467
I also thought that Animal Kingdom Lodge was absolutely beautiful during the holidays.
After that I would have to say Yacht Club and Boardwalk.417439417443417446

You can't go wrong with any of them! By the way, the Wilderness Lodge has little areas upstairs where you can just tuck in by a fireplace with a hot chocolate or coffee, look down into the lobby and drink it all in. Amazing! 417465417473

Last edited:
Grand Floridian for the traditional Victoriana - love the huge tree and saw a bride & groom being photographed underneath it once, which was beautiful.
Animal Kingdom for the exotic outdoorsy feeling.
And (spoiler - not a resort) Hollywood Studios for the kitsch retro feel - makes me feel like a kid in the local shopping mall again! 😁❄️☃️🎄

I think you might want to determine how you will use your resort. For instance, do you like to escape the parks and the people to decompress? Or are you totally immersed in vacation mode? I ask because that is one consideration for my family. Every one of the resorts listed here with the exception of POFQ and AKL are on the resort touring schedule most guests have, so the lobbies and common areas never slow down. I like the atmosphere, but my favorite Holiday stays have been at POFQ, CSR and AKL. Every one was beautifully decorated with appropriate holiday music playing softly in the background, but they also offered a respite from the frenzy. I loved arriving "home" to the relative peace that the off the beaten trail resorts offered.

After those three, I liked BC the best. It is a sprawling lobby and you can find a quiet spot to relax and enjoy the beachy christmas feeling.

I was... unimpressed with Art of Animation last week. Maybe they do more as we draw closer to the holiday, but while i adore AoA as a resort for my family, their holiday decorations boiled down to a tree in the lobby, that wasn't there on one day and magically was there the next day. I felt the Ink and Paint Shop was far more decked out for selling goodies, than the actual resort.

We had stayed at PO Riverside on one holiday in the distant past and they had bon fires you could gather around with hot cocoa. Can't say if this is done today, but back then, we'd stroll the grounds sniffing the wood smoke. Following our noses every night, we'd find the fire lit and people gathered around.

Yes and I agree With HelsBels16... the deco at Hollywood Studios brings a tear to my eye, I love it so much. I am suddenly a child again at my grandparent's house in Maine. All their decorations from the 40s and 50s seem to be replicated at Hollywood Studios and the constant playing of 40's crooner Christmas tunes throughout the park are timeless.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter