• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best place to watch NCAA tournament games

erbeaman

Mouseketeer
We will be in Orlando (staying offsite) for some of the Sweet 16 games and the whole Elite 8 weekend. Fingers crossed, we will be watching our MSU Spartans play! Even if they don't make it, we love to watch the tournament games. Where is the best place to watch a game? Fun atmosphere, good drink/food specials? Inside Disney or outside. We are open to anything! Go Green!!

The ESPN Club at the Boardwalk has tons of TVs and a fun atmosphere. We also like Crew's Cup Lounge at Yacht Club for games -- it's smaller and quieter, but we love the atmosphere. The new City Works Pour House at Disney Springs is supposed to have a bunch of TVs and beer -- haven't been yet, but can't wait to check it out next time we're back! And you don't need a part ticket for any of those locations! Not as much experience with offsite options. Have fun!

The ESPN zone at boardwalk is fun, but gets very crowded. You can make reservations. Or try to score a seat St the bar. Also Splitsville at DS has lots of tvs. Sometimes you need to be extra nice to the bartender to get your game on the big screen. We love March madness...university of Illinois fans. This will be the first year we have even been mildly relevant in a long time. We are hoping for the best. Best place we ever watched March madness was in a sports book in Vegas. So mu h fun! Free bloody Mary’s at 10 am, 15 TVs all with diff games, the crowd going wild. I’d go back in a minute.

We watched some of the games in the bluezoo lounge at the Dolphin. It wasn’t crowded at all. Screens are small and not really a sports-bar atmosphere but food is outstanding

We watched from the lounge at the Poly one year. I think most resort lounges would have it on TV, although you're not always guaranteed to see the one you want or have sound. ESPN Club is probably the best option on property, but I would expect it to be busy, especially if southern teams are still in it. Splitsville in Disney Springs is another good choice, but their bar area is smaller. Haven't been to City Works yet, but I would guess that's another good spot.

I was at City Works last week and it would be my choice. On the off chance you are staying at Cornoado, Rix is pretty good too.

If you are willing to go off Property I'd look for a Miller's Ale House or Buffalo Wild Wings near where you are staying. On Property ESPN, a few places in DS & maybe Big River Grille on the Broadwalk. The hotel lounges only have a couple of TVs & may not open until late afternoon. Most Disney hotel pool bars have a TV or 2 also but some may be located in an area non- hotel guest can't access. I wouldn't except to see any specials at the hotel bars.

A few years ago, our team Notre Dame, made the final 8. We therefore splurged and got a VIP package at ESPN. Our own seating area couches in a VIP area. Large and small high def displays. Unlimited food and apps and yes it was very good food. I can’t recall the drink part. Whether you do that or general seating, you can’t go wrong. Call in advance for package info but we were able to book on short notice

We enjoy Wreckers at the Gaylord Palms Resort. 2 story TV, thirty seven feet television, and have a ton of tvs around the bar.

From your smartphone while you wait to ride FOP or anything Star Wars without an FP+ :lmao: Seriously, I enjoy just going up to my resort room and relaxing to watch a game. If it's a team I'm rooting for then perhaps the resort lounge (Like I did when my Cavaliers beat the Warriors when I was there in 2016).

The new City Works at Disney Springs is probably your best option on property, followed by the ESPN Club at the BoardWalk. But honestly, given the crowds and the cost, you'd probably be better off staying off site and trying one of the 10 billion bars and restaurants in the area.

We will be in Orlando (staying offsite) for some of the Sweet 16 games and the whole Elite 8 weekend. Fingers crossed, we will be watching our MSU Spartans play! Even if they don't make it, we love to watch the tournament games. Where is the best place to watch a game? Fun atmosphere, good drink/food specials? Inside Disney or outside. We are open to anything! Go Green!!
As a fellow Spartan (graduated in 2000), this is the content I am HERE for. And go green!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter