Best place to watch a football game this fall

JB Smooth

Earning My Ears
Wife and I are huge football fans and we will be there on Nov 4th which is a big college football day for us.

what is a good place to bring our 8 and 6 year old where everyone can have a good meal and mommy and daddy can have a brew and watch some football?

You could try ESPN at the Boardwalk. They have a ton of tv screens & they have booths where you can sit & eat as well as an actual bar. You don't have to be 21 or older to get in. Plus there is a lot to do on the boardwalk itself for before/after the game.

Just be prepared to wait at ESPN to get a table. They only take ADRS for lunch Monday to Friday. They had a package were you paid $ x.00 each during football season for games which got you a table and that $ amount in food and beverage. Who knows if it will be available next year. There may be a few places in DS & of course off property. The pool bars have games on but only have a couple of tvs & not much in the way of food.

I would go to ESPN Club on the Boardwalk. My DS is a huge basketball fan so we had lunch and dinner here on our last trip. It's incredibly kid friendly and a lot of fun and I thought the menu was decent. As PP's have said, in the evening, the Boardwalk itself is also a lot of fun. There is a great ice cream parlor there (Ample Hills) and they have entertainment and carnival games each night.

Only few locations are going to have anything more than the major networks. ESPN Club is one, this is where we always head for watching games. Splitsville would be another. Most all the rest will be a real toss up. Depends on the game and how major it is

Don't know if they will show college games, but we ate at Splitsville in Disney Springs, and they had a bunch of TV's going with different sporting events on. The menu is huge and you and your kids will find something to eat. They had standard beers and featured beers (DS tried a stout brewed with vanilla, that he liked!!).

ESPN Club but you almost have to get the package if they still have it (something like $75 a person?) or show up super early. We've tried to go there in the past to watch games but they have limited seating and everyone else goes there too and stays for hours (as we would), so the turnover is super slow. As others have mentioned, Splitsville might work, but can't think of anywhere else off the top of my head. And if it isn't a headliner game (I mean, nobody is showing Northwestern v. Illinois at Disney) then you might be out of luck.

It would be for LSU Alabama. It's Nov 4th and will most likely be the prime time national game on abc.

Crew's Cup in YC could be an option.
Yeah, that occurred to me too. But they only have 1 (maybe 2?) tvs and we've been there in the past and asked them to turn the tv to something else and they wouldn't because someone else asked to watch whatever was on at the time.

Wife and I are huge football fans and we will be there on Nov 4th which is a big college football day for us.

what is a good place to bring our 8 and 6 year old where everyone can have a good meal and mommy and daddy can have a brew and watch some football?

The obvious choice here is ESPN, as everyone already stated. For sure , they should have that game at the resort (ABC nationally televised)..Whether it be on your room t.v. or at the pool bar... I also do believe there were a few t.v.'s at the Big River Grille (if I remember correctly) over at the Boardwalk..

Appreciate you are probably looking for something on property - but just thought I'd mention NBC Brew and Grille up at Universal Citywalk. Watched the EURO2016 final there last year and it was great. Good food and loads of screens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter