best place to stay at disney for Honeymoon

ashburgers83

Earning My Ears
Getting marriend in november next year and going on honeymoon to disney world neither of us have ever been where should we stay? dont want to spend to much but want it to be nice place. thank you ashley

top notch but expensive is the grand floridian, followed by the poly and contemporary.

not a disney resort, but on property with all disney transportation and park perks is swan and dolphin. great hotels and can be reasonable at times (running $129/night right now) beautiful high end look and feel and located at the boardwalk right next too (within walking distance with boat access) to DHS and EPCOt

If trip is to go budget, I would recommend either Coronado Springs or Port Orleans which are especially nicely themed resorts that are not child-inspired.
Best of luck to you both!!

I dont know if this is what you had in mind, but the Waldorf Astoria which is brand new and located on property right next to Disney has just opened. They are offering special rates since they are new and are trying to fill their rooms. They are affliated with Hilton, which incidently is also opening another brand new hotel next to the Waldorf. I would check both of these places out to see what kind of rate you can get. Introductory rates were about $200 a night. The photos are lovely, and it is very high end - which for me would be a pefect special occassion hotel for a honeymoon! Have fun planning!:banana:

i do as many trips without kids (anniversary trips) as with them and i've stayed at pofq, gf, contemp, poly, cb, and bw if you want a nice adult place but themed and budget conscious i'd say port orleans french quarter. it has a great hot tub for relaxing after you leave the park and its in the moderate resort category. gf and bw are great for honeymooners (my husband and i have spent several anniversaries at wdw). i'd just avoid the value resorts that are kid themed... they're louder and less romantic otherwise staying onsite you really can't go wrong. pick one based on what you're into and if you plan to stay at the resort a lot or not. congratulations by the way!!! wdw is a great place to honeymoon... you get all the adult fun of honeymooning but can still act as free as kid.:cool1:

We stayed at the Port Orleans French Quarter for our honeymoon and we had a wonderful time.

I think beach club is a romantic place close to Epcot, fireworks, nice pool, things to at Boardwalk, etc. My sister stayed at Boardwalk, my friend stayed at Beach Club. Both were really happy. :bride: Check prices through Disney and dvc rental board.

Getting marriend in november next year and going on honeymoon to disney world neither of us have ever been where should we stay? dont want to spend to much but want it to be nice place. thank you ashley

Spending too much is a relative term. When we honeymooned, we stayed at the Wilderness Lodge. Considered a deluxe resort, it is among the least expensive Deluxes. The themeing is lovely and less "in your face" Disney than some. Still $240/night or whatever it is now in value season is not exactly cheap. If it is too much for you to spend and have nice dinners and enjoy the parks the way you'd like, then I'd go for a moderate. I've never stayed at any of them, but several look absolutely lovely. I would not stay at a value, I'd stay off site in a nicer room with hopefully fewer kids if my budget couldn't handle the $150/night or so of the moderates.

Have a magical trip!:wizard:

If I were going for an HM I'd book an actual house- think huge shower with space for 2, huge 2 person spa tub, large living room with a big tv for snuggling. your very own hot tub and pool and a kitchen to store snacks like cheese/crackers and wine :) OR I'd book a condo at Wyndham Bonnet Creek. They are designed with some of the above amenities- all except the private pool/outdoor hot tub. You can book a condo or a small 3 bedroom house for 100-125 a night easily.

I also second the idea for the Waldorf for an actual hotel. The rooms evoke a level of romance and finer finishings that you won't find at DW resorts and for ALOT less $$.

Nothing against DW but I can't really think of any hotel room at DW that are affordable (below 200 bucks) that offer any level of romance in the room for your own private time together and for an HM that's what we wanted :) All the rooms that are under 300 a night even have very standard bathrooms/bedrooms. Deluxe DW style isn't really deluxe in the real world and I'm betting your budget will only allow for a moderate which further reduces your chances for a truly romantic room for your HM.

I am not sure when you are getting married, but if it's anywhere near the holidays my vote would be Wilderness Lodge, romantic, beautiful, you can sit by the fireplace in the rocking chairs.

If you want bigger accomodations I would recommend looking into the DVC rentals. A 1 bedroom is nice, we recently just stayed at Boardwalk and it was great. We had 2 balconies, the bathroom was gigantic with a whirlpool tub. It has a kitchen which is nice for wine/champagne. Walking distance to Epcot (we didn't go to DHS so not sure how the walk there was). A boat ride at night, dinner on the Boardwalk.

Congratulations!!

Keeping the time of year in mind I would recommend the Wilderness Lodge, it is beautiful that time of year and is the least expensive deluxe. In the moderate range I would recommend the Port Orleans resort.

Hi there! My husband and I honeymooned at Disney and we stayed at the Dolphin. It's not officially "Disney" but you get all the perks (at least you did a few years ago) and it's very upscale, not as "kidsy" but still plenty Disney. Romantic pools and perks.

The next time we go, however, we'll stay at Polynesian. Very convenient to the monorail and such a romantic atmosphere for a honeymoon, especially if you're off-peak season. For me, it's less pretentious than the Grand Floridian, which I like, and like a tropical getaway in itself.

Congratulations!

We stayed at beach club for our honeymoon-LOVED it! Great pool, can walk to EPCOT, close to Boardwalk entertainment...

We stayed at Port Orleans, Riverside for our 15th wedding anniversary, and loved it. Lush grounds, there is a nice pool, (there were never that many people in it) romantic with the boat taking you to Downtown Disney, and a pool bar, where we exchanged cards. (We gave each other the trip!) We really enjoyed it, and had a king bed. Nice choices on where to eat. The bus service was good. We had breakfast once at the French Quarter, but the giant heads hanging over the dining court were a little creepy for me.

If either of you is a teacher or a nurse, you can get a very good discount at either the Swan or Dolphin. We stayed there our first time at Disney, and it is a short walk over to the Boardwalk (fun at night) and you can easily walk/take a boat to Epcot or Hollywood Studios. There is a nightly resort fee of $10 or so, as well as a fee for parking if you bring a car. They also do not provide Disney's Magical Express from the airport. Those can all add up. Great Pool, however. Romance wise, POR is a little nicer, from our perspective.

not sure about time of year and discounts/free dining etc but we had our disneymoon last year at Old Key West. We had a 1 bed 3rd floor appt with loads of space, spa tub and walk in shower (for 2) and had the most amazing time.

we got a great discount which i think applys to some periods in November and free dining.

Th resort itself was just the right atmosphere for us - not noticably disney themed but you definitely felt part of the magic - and the appartment meant we could indulge a little without blowing the bank -and also meant we made the most of our ADRs - spending them on 2credit restaurants which were some of the best experiences of the trip.

Hope you have a fantastic time wherever you end up going

Jim

16 years ago in November DH and I were on a honeymoon budget and stayed at POR (then Dixie Landings) and had a really wonderful time!! We had a king size bed on a corner in the mansions section, very pretty and honeymoonish. :) Now it was DH's first trip ever to WDW and my first time on-site so we thought the theming, grounds, and ambiance were fantastic. There were quite a few other honeymooners there too that we met at the lounge in the evenings.

We've had many Disney trips since and are now DVC members but have never regretted our moderate honeymoon. Happy Planning!!

Having never been to WDW before but dreamt about it for years I was thrilled to stay at the GF for our honeymoon and truly had an amazing time, BUT...

In all honesty I was disappointed with quite a few things such as the two beds in the room and I found the bathroom very standard, not 5 star at all.

My advice therefore is not to splash out or push your budget too far just for the 'deluxe' experience. Don't get me wrong I would still have booked the GF for our honeymoon and would love to go back but it is very expensive and in comparison to other deluxe hotels (outside WDW) does not compare.

I would seriously consider the Waldorf if possible :goodvibes

My husband and I honeymooned at WDW back in 1999. We rented a house. It was fantastic! We had tons of room, LOTS of privacy, and the private screened in pool was our favorite part. After a hot day at the park, it was great to come home and go for an evening swim. I brought our own candles to make the room romantic. I am not the type of person who enjoys staying at a hotel, no matter how nice they are, they are crawling with germs and I HATE being in such close quarters with other ppl and having no control over noise, so the house worked out perfectly for us and also was nice on the wallet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter