• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Place to Park to get to World Showcase for Rope Drop

hswillia07

DIS Veteran
Hello!

What is the best parking strategy (rental car) for getting to Frozen Ever After at rope drop?

Thanks so much!

Or if you want to enter through the world showcase entrance st Epcot you could taxi or uber to Boardwalk and walk over.
Correct, but...
That would not save any time/walking at all.
Add the walking distance from the resort to the IG, then the distance from the IG around past U.K., Canada, & Mexico, and you might as well come in the front gates.
(To say nothing of the chance that the IG may open later than the front gates.)

DHS-Epcot-All_012311.jpg

Last edited:

just be there early there is only one parking lot and is filled orderly as cars get in, be early and on a day that doesn't have early extra magic hours, so the guest at Disney resorts won't be ahead of you

Thanks all! I'll stick to the standard lot and get there early. We're resort guests, so we'll be okay for EMH :) How far in advance of opening would you guys recommend arriving to Epcot?

remember world showcase which is were Frozen attraction is located won't open until 11am so don't bother to be there right at epcot opening hours if this is the only reason to be there, 20min before is enough

remember world showcase which is were Frozen attraction is located won't open until 11am so don't bother to be there right at epcot opening hours if this is the only reason to be there, 20min before is enough

I'm pretty sure Norway and Mexico open at 9am now, but I'm sure someone will let me know if that's incorrect! :)

This is incorrect, the Frozen ride opens at 9 am.

was just there on Friday (1/13) and we arrived around 7:30, opening was at 9 that day and I thought it would take longer to get there so we were suuuuper early. Other than the pre-open breakfast ADR folks, we were the only ones in line to get in. Another family finally showed up just before 8. We were able to relax, and eat breakfast in line and talk to the fabulous CMs that were working there. We were blown away when first, the Jamminators came out at about 8:25 to entertain the crowd and then a CM came up to my family and said we were the opening family of the day!!! I didn't even know that was a thing they do! We got in a bit early in front of the crowds and were able to stake out a place for rope drop to get to Test Track.

Thanks all! I'll stick to the standard lot and get there early. We're resort guests, so we'll be okay for EMH :) How far in advance of opening would you guys recommend arriving to Epcot?

Rule of thumb, be at the Epcot gates by 30-40 min. before the posted opening time.
As to how you can precisely gauge that timing, I don't know...
as there can be unforeseen factors that slow you down on any given morning.
Even more so on extra busy dates.
I can tell you that at WDW it is better to arrive far too early than to arrive one minute too late.
So plan accordingly.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter