Best Per Day Rental Car Prices

inkkognito

<font color=green>I shall call him Mini-Me<br><fon
I know that weekly car rental rates are typically the best, but we usually use a towncar for our longer trips and rely on Disney transportation. We only rent a car when staying in Orlando for a quickie weekend at an offsite hotel. I get the rentals via Priceline and base the price on the best I can find via L&M or other agencies with coupon rates. I'm just wondering...what is the best per day rate you've ever paid for an onsite MCO car rental place for a short (two or three days) rental? I appreciate any info. as it really helps when booking via Priceline. Most of the info. I find is for weekly rentals.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Using various coupons and codes, for just this weekend I have two reservations for a three-day car rental:

Hertz: $72 for all three days for a full-size
National: $70 for all three days Emerald Aisle

That's about as cheap as I've ever gotten ...

Haven't decided which one to use/cancel just yet ... I'm pissed at National about my last rental still ...

That's about the same ballpark of what we usually pay too when you break it down per day. I have the feeling I'm in the minroty with doing such short rentals, but for longer trips we usually do Happy Limo and the WDW transportation. It's only the quickie weekend trips where we bother with a car. This time, we're thinking about taking a drive over to the Disney Wilderness Preserve.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

I'm kind of in the same boat.... would like to rent a car for the Sunday-->Wednesday that we're going to Vero Beach but it seems that renting for 3 or 4 days and using the Limo for the airport transportation is pretty much equal .... making renting a car for the entire 2 week trip close in price.

Is that what most of you are finding??

Of course this is going to vary a LOT, depending on when you're traveling.

The trouble is, if you're not staying over a Friday and Saturday night, most or all of the 3/4 day "weekend" coupons don't work.

If you are doing a weekend rental (Fri and Sat night included), you can get great deals by combining all the various contract IDs, coupons etc at National.

Otherwise, the best daily deal I've found for a good rental agency (I won't even consider L&M or an off-site agency, personally) is with the "new" National code from Carlson Wagonlit that I recently added to MouseSavers.

It gives a base rate of $20.99 for an intermediate car in late June -- I have a three-day rental booked for $83 ish including taxes & fees.

Sounds like others have done better, though a lot depends on the season: if you go in off-season or "shoulder season" (i.e. April/May) and/or stay over a weekend, that will affect your rate a lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter