Best parking deal in Manhattan for NYC departures?

4newbies

Earning My Ears
There seem to be a gazillion places to park & I am not familiar with any of them! Obviously I would like to minimize costs, but I also want my car to be safe & good customer service. Any suggestions? We are sailing on the Magic on Oct. 29, 2016. TIA!

I'd just park at the pier, perfectly safe. I looked into this extensively when we cruised NCL back in October 2012. We were going to park at the ferry in NJ and take the ferry over but Hurricane Sandy was approaching and we just decided to park at the port. Other garages in Manhattan weren't any cheaper.

The two times that we've cruised out of NYC, we've found a groupon or living social deal for one of the chain garages close to the pier for cheaper than pier parking. We used to live in NYC and had a monthly spot in one of the local garages; they serve their purpose and we've never had an issue with our car. The way to make it manageable for traveling is to first drop off your luggage and family at their pier and then walk or cab it back to the pier. Depending on where you parked, it's a $5 - $10 cab ride. We're planning to do this for our next two cruises out of NYC.

IMO, not worth the savings. Just park at the pier and it will be a much better experience.

We plan to park at the pier but have heard it can fill up quickly and there may not be a spot available. Has anyone heard of this? What would the alternative be, day of, if you couldn't get a spot?

We plan to park at the pier but have heard it can fill up quickly and there may not be a spot available. Has anyone heard of this? What would the alternative be, day of, if you couldn't get a spot?
Parking on the piers should not be a problem in October. Also, for finding nearby alternatives, use the bestparkingnyc app, I use it a lot.

There is plenty of parking. If parking near your ship fills up they will use the other parking areas for the other piers.

You shouldn't have any issues getting a spot, but IF you do the cheapest parking is usually http://parkright.com/670-w-43-st-new-york.shtml. It's $28 per day (tax included, don't forget to tip!) & they drive you to the pier in your car, drop you off & then for pickup they pay your cab fare since due to security they can't pick you up. Again, IMO, it's not worth the hassle, but I would want a safety net just in case. The biggest hassle with this is on your drive to the pier they get stuck at the light with ALL the taxis trying to make a left across the westside highway, you'll sit in traffic a while. So if you do go this route ask the driver to go up 10th Ave & then straight in to bypass that pesky left turn. I'd also still drop family & luggage off first.

Last edited:
IMO, not worth the savings. Just park at the pier and it will be a much better experience.

I am a native New Yorker, and I wholeheartedly agree. Those garages jockey cars around all day. Chances of getting dings are almost 100%. I've had new cars scratched, dinged, etc...

Park at the pier. It is safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter