Best Park for a 2yr old.

DocMcGeorgie

Earning My Ears
Planning a last minute trip birthday for my 2 year old daughter. I only plan to be in the parks for 3 days. this is the first time I've been with a child honestly and I can't really think of any reason Epcot wouldn't be good for toddlers.

She LOVES Finding Dory so giving up Epcot seems like a bad idea. Everyone says Animal kingdom for babies/toddlers but honestly we have a really nice zoo in our city and two top ranked zoo within a few hours from us so I don't think AK really has anything special to offer her - at least not for this trip. But I don't want to waste money on Epcot.

ANYWAYS. What is everyone's suggestion? Should I just pay for a parkhopper so we can do all four parks?

Planning a last minute trip birthday for my 2 year old daughter. I only plan to be in the parks for 3 days. this is the first time I've been with a child honestly and I can't really think of any reason Epcot wouldn't be good for toddlers.

She LOVES Finding Dory so giving up Epcot seems like a bad idea. Everyone says Animal kingdom for babies/toddlers but honestly we have a really nice zoo in our city and two top ranked zoo within a few hours from us so I don't think AK really has anything special to offer her - at least not for this trip. But I don't want to waste money on Epcot.

ANYWAYS. What is everyone's suggestion? Should I just pay for a parkhopper so we can do all four parks?

Does she nap? In the stroller?

My strategy which is fine for kids but hard on the parents:
MK early AM when the kids are up anyway then EPCOT/AK at night or MK again with fast passes at night

If you don't want to do park hoppers that's easier, with the electric parade gone.

Day 1: arrive check in, relax, do epcot at night
Day 2: hit MK hard all day or float there with fast passes from 3-7 then head back to the hotel
Day 3: do AK

You can do most of the cool stuff at epcot for the kids x2 usually without a wait as long as you have a fast pass for spaceship earth. At that age the people mover is amazing so I wouldn't stress it

All kids are different, but at age 2 and still today at age 10, my DD's favorites were MK and EPCOT. My DD did not like Animal Kingdom at all at age 2 and was begging to go back to MK or EPCOT before noon. AK did not have enough of a Princess presence for her, not enough rides, and we also have a very good zoo at home, so she had no interest in spending Disney time looking at Animals when there were Princesses to meet and rides to ride. At EPCOT, at age 2, she loved the Boat Ride inside the Mexico Pavilion (one of her absolute Disney favorites at that age), Nemo ride, the aquariums after the Nemo Ride, Figment ride, Living with the Land ride, meeting all the Princesses and Mary Poppins and Alice in World Showcase, the bands, jugglers and acrobats in WS and more. Plus, now there is also the Frozen ride and Anna and Elsa to meet. We spent one full day at EPCOT when she was 2 and did not feel like we had enough time. Since then we have always spent 2 days at EPCOT.

With only 3 days at age 2, what would have been best for us would have been 2 days at MK and 1 day at EPCOT. She didn't care about AK, and there were some things at DHS for her, but it was not a full day park for her yet at that age. If you skip DHS, you will miss the Beauty and the Beast show, Little Mermaid show, Toy Story Mania, meeting Buzz and Woody together, the Disney Jr. show and the Disney Jr. characters which I think were the only things there that appealed to DD there at that age. For us, we could do all that in a morning. Also, I will say that the Disney Jr. show is the only show at WDW or DL that we were thrilled when she outgrew it (and the only show she has outgrown). Most Disney shows are great for both the parents and the little kids, but that Disney Jr. show in our opinion pretty much appeals to toddlers only.

Day 1: MK (get FPs for Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh, and Under the Sea or Dumbo)

Day 2: Epcot (FP for Frozen, Turtle Talk, and Character Spot)...walk around the WS and meet the Princesses (A+E, Mulan, Snow White, Jasmine, Belle, Aurora)

Day 3: head back to MK

Honestly, at two, you don't need AK or HS. Spend the time at MK!

For a toddler, hands down, Magic Kingdom

My two year old loved the MK. I think all the parks have things to offer toddlers, but MK has the most. With only three days, I would probably do one of the following: 1) 2 days at MK and one day at Epcot; 2) 1 day at MK, 1 day at Epcot, and 1 day at AK or 3) if you want to spring for hoppers one day at MK; one day at Epcot; and 1/2 day AK 1/2 day DHS. While DHS has Disney Jr. stuff, there isn't enough to fill a full day there now.

I would do MK, EP and leave your third day up in the air, quite honestly. Personally, I would probably do a second day at MK. You don't need to decide on the park hoppers now. You can always upgrade your tickets when you are at the resort.

Day 1: MK (get FPs for Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh, and Under the Sea or Dumbo)

Day 2: Epcot (FP for Frozen, Turtle Talk, and Character Spot)...walk around the WS and meet the Princesses (A+E, Mulan, Snow White, Jasmine, Belle, Aurora)

Day 3: head back to MK

Honestly, at two, you don't need AK or HS. Spend the time at MK!

I love this suggestion especially since Epcot will be pretty laid back for a toddler. MK will be the best choice for spending the bulk of your time. My only advice is don't get too hung up on plans and be very flexible. We took our 2-year-old and I had planned everything out for what I thought the perfect trip would be- fast passes, meals, etc. I thought it's Disney World of course she'll be happy and having fun. Noooo....it did not go as planned. Over stimulation, too far off of her daily routine and it was meltdown central. I was not prepared for that. Ended up having to change all of our plans up to ensure a happy baby. Still had a good trip, but I was a little disappointed since I had spent so much time and effort planning.

We just got back and did 3 days at the parks. I have a 2 year old along with 3 older kids but trying to make a fun trip for all of us.

We did one day at Epcot and two days at MK. Honestly this was perfect for us. I had heard that Epcot should be a half day because there wouldnt be as much to do, but we filled up our entire day and only made it to Norway and Mexico in the world showcase! We were so busy. You can eat at garden grill if you wanted to do a character meal, my 2 year old loved meeting chip and Dale and Mickey there!

I liked having two MK days because there's just so much for little ones and I wanted to do it all. It was nice not to feel rushed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter