• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best offsite pool?

sparklemom

Mouseketeer
Looking to travel next January/February and would love input from travelers whose kids love pools. We've stayed onsite in the past (Poly), but this time we're splitting our trip between WDW, Universal and Legoland, so offsite makes more sense for us. What resorts have the best pool theming/waterslides/lazy rivers/waterfalls? Note that we're a family of 5, so places with rooms that only sleep 4 are off the table, though we don't need a ton of space. (Vacation to me means not cooking or cleaning, so we'll generally eat out, and since we have to be up early for rope drops, I don't need the quiet of separate bedrooms.) I'm also interested in reviews from people who traveled in the Jan/Feb timeframe about whether the pools were a swimmable temperature. Thanks!!

I'm also interested in reviews from people who traveled in the Jan/Feb timeframe about whether the pools were a swimmable temperature. Thanks!!

We were in Orlando around Jan 6th for about a week this year (2013.) Pools were great during the day & the weather was warm. As a FL resident, I know that the weather varies from year to year. Sometimes it's warm, but other times it isn't. If you have a long stay (2+ weeks) you should see some warm & some cool weather. Sorry, I can't recommend an offsite hotel-we were at POR. Considering Gaylord Palms for a future visit -the water area (according to the pics on their website) looks fun!

Looking to travel next January/February and would love input from travelers whose kids love pools. We've stayed onsite in the past (Poly), but this time we're splitting our trip between WDW, Universal and Legoland, so offsite makes more sense for us. What resorts have the best pool theming/waterslides/lazy rivers/waterfalls? Note that we're a family of 5, so places with rooms that only sleep 4 are off the table, though we don't need a ton of space. (Vacation to me means not cooking or cleaning, so we'll generally eat out, and since we have to be up early for rope drops, I don't need the quiet of separate bedrooms.) I'm also interested in reviews from people who traveled in the Jan/Feb timeframe about whether the pools were a swimmable temperature. Thanks!!
The pools are heated, the question is whether it will be warm enough outside. That is a big unknown and also depends on your comfort level. I am bundled in a coat and I see people swimming like its august -- but I live in Florida, not some freezing place.

With our family of 5, I wouldn't consider staying in a regular hotel room in Orlando because there are so many nice resorts with 2 bedrooms. Most do not include daily housekeeping, however.

If you are going to universal and don't mind small spaces, the resorts there are excellent and have nice pools.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter