• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

best nice dinner in Boardwalk area

daisyx3

DIS Veteran
We will have our anniversary this trip while we are in WDW in June. We are staying club level at BWI so we aren't booking many meals, but I want to have a nice dinner on that date. We will be spending most of the day at DHS but not looking to spend our anniversary dinner at 50s PTC or Mama Melrose (although we like both of those). I was considering Flying Fish or Yachtsman, or even LeCellier. We have been to all of them but not for years. We like steak but will also eat a good seafood dish if it's available. Shula's is out because last time we ate there DH got sick that night (not from the food, he had a virus that turned up that night, but he has the bad memories). Any and all feedback on these is appreciated.

We really enjoyed Flying Fish. Il Mulino in the Swan was nice and food was good but I didn't think it was as good as the original in NYC. We'd like to try Todd English's Bluezoo in the Dolphin the next time we are down as it looks really nice. If you go into Epcot, I don't recommend LeCellier because the tables are so tightly packed in and the noise level can make it hard to enjoy your dinner, especially a special anniversary meal. Instead I would suggest Monsieur Paul, upstairs from Le Chefs de France. It is much quieter there and the food has always been good.

We will have our anniversary this trip while we are in WDW in June. We are staying club level at BWI so we aren't booking many meals, but I want to have a nice dinner on that date. We will be spending most of the day at DHS but not looking to spend our anniversary dinner at 50s PTC or Mama Melrose (although we like both of those). I was considering Flying Fish or Yachtsman, or even LeCellier. We have been to all of them but not for years. We like steak but will also eat a good seafood dish if it's available. Shula's is out because last time we ate there DH got sick that night (not from the food, he had a virus that turned up that night, but he has the bad memories). Any and all feedback on these is appreciated.

I would do Flying Fish. The atmosphere is lovely and it definitely fits the bill for steak and seafood.

Yachtsman is good. Brown Derby at HS. I love Chefs de France, but its a bit loud, not super romantic.

If I could choose anywhere on property for my anniversary, it would be Cali Grill or Narcoossees...or even Spirit of Aloha dinner show. If I wanted something more budget friendly, it would be Chefs de France or San Angel Inn (I dont like seafood). Maybe Coral Reef?

Flying Fish, Il Mulino or Blue Zoo would be our favorites.
Can't go wrong with any of those.
Have not tried Yachtmans or Shulas, so can't comment on those.

If it were us wanting a special diner and at HS already it would be Brown Derby every time. Our last dinner there was December and was, again, the best meal of our trip. So good we're still talking about it, and we love being in such a fun and magical place as that park and not having to leave to eat at a unique restaurant serving a wonderfully delicious dinner.
:goodvibes

Last edited:
Yachtsman or Le Cellier (Have not been to FF yet, but heard it’s really good.)

I'm all in on Flying Fish. We have a rez there for our trip in June, we both love it. However, I was thinking maybe we could mix it up for our signature dinner, but when I mentioned that to the hubs he was a hard no. He said:" Why would we do that??? Flying Fish is the best, I don't need to confirm it by being disappointed somewhere else???!!!" I support his loyalty:love2:, so FF it is!

We loved Yachtsman’s on our honeymoon. My husband now compares all steaks to the one he had there. Every single time he eats one he say “well, it’s not as good as Yachtsman’s but it’ll do” lol

If you want to take a nice tram ride, Topolinos Terrace would be nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter