Best light stroller for 50+ lb?

plutosmyfav

<font color=deeppink>Has high hopes, high apple pi
Please tell me what strollers you have found to be both lightweight and capable of carrying at least 50 lbs and hopefully under $100?

I've been searching online and very few seem to tell the weight capacity. My 3 year old is sturdy and I'd like to buy something that will work for a while.

45lbs. is usually the weight limit for most strollers, especially the lighweight ones. A full-size will probably still have the same weight limit, but may be a little sturdier than a lightweight. Good luck and let us know how the search goes!

It is a difficult task to find a lightweight stroller with a 50lb weight limit. Kidco are the only lightweight strollers I know of that have a 50lb weight limit. I think the lightest stroller weighs 14lbs. Here is a link to their website. http://www.kidcoinc.com/stroller.cfm#1
This store seems to have lower prices on these strollers. http://store.yahoo.com/babyride/brand-kidco.html
I do not have any personal experience with these strollers, but I do have an older Kidco stroller that is now discontinued and I like it. (My stroller only has a 40lb weight limit.)

HTH,
Paige

It is a difficult task to find a lightweight stroller with a 50lb weight limit. Kidco are the only lightweight strollers I know of that have a 50lb weight limit. I think the lightest stroller weighs 14lbs. Here is a link to their website. http://www.kidcoinc.com/stroller.cfm#1
This store seems to have lower prices on these strollers. http://store.yahoo.com/babyride/brand-kidco.html
I do not have any personal experience with these strollers, but I do have an older Kidco stroller that is now discontinued and I like it. (My stroller only has a 40lb weight limit.)

HTH,
Paige

I don't know the weight limit on one, but my then 4 1/2 year old used a Maclaren umbrella stroller on our last trip to WDW and it worked great.

Bev

All maclaren single strollers have a 40 lb limit I believe. I have a Maclaren Volo and I know that 40lbs is the limit on it. It is a great stroller and I will sometimes let my 45lb son ride in it and it works fine, but in the long run I believe it would wear on the wheels if you let a child over the weight limit ride often.

Paige

The Kidco ones I see on ebay for much cheaper than the yahoo site posted. I also need one for my son, he's about 40lbs. I bought an umbrella one that works fine for now around the mall, but with prolonged use I'm sure the wheels would be falling off at WDW. Anyone else have experience with the Kidco ones?

Originally posted by summerrluvv
The Kidco ones I see on ebay for much cheaper than the yahoo site posted. I also need one for my son, he's about 40lbs. I bought an umbrella one that works fine for now around the mall, but with prolonged use I'm sure the wheels would be falling off at WDW. Anyone else have experience with the Kidco ones?

I take that back...the ones on ebay are for only up to 40lbs. Darn!

You don't have many options for swivel wheel strollers at that weight limit. You could go for a really $$$ mountain buggy urban (www.mountainbuggyusa.com) or, as I would recommend, a peg perego Pliko. The weight limit is 100lbs total for a rider in the seat and one standing on the back on the steps. I know many people who have put 6yo's in this one. It certainly gets harder to push as the child gets heavier, though!

Hey summerrluvv,
I know that babiesrus has a line of baby trend strollers in their stores (they are made esp. for them and are only in store and not online) called eurotrends. They have a version called the "sport" and it looks a lot like the maclaren strollers, but costs a lot less. These strollers have a 45 lb weight limit and I have heard that they are really nice. They cost arround $59 or $60. Toysrus puts out coupons often for $10 or $15 off strollers over $50 and since they are owned by the same company, most babiesrus will honor them. If you can find some coupons, I think this would be a good bargain stroller.

HTH,
Paige

Originally posted by pcottrell
Hey summerrluvv,
I know that babiesrus has a line of baby trend strollers in their stores (they are made esp. for them and are only in store and not online) called eurotrends. They have a version called the "sport" and it looks a lot like the maclaren strollers, but costs a lot less. These strollers have a 45 lb weight limit and I have heard that they are really nice. They cost arround $59 or $60. Toysrus puts out coupons often for $10 or $15 off strollers over $50 and since they are owned by the same company, most babiesrus will honor them. If you can find some coupons, I think this would be a good bargain stroller.

HTH,
Paige

Thanks for the suggestion, I will definately check them out.

Thanks for all of the info. My son is currently 45 lbs. I think I will chance a light weight inexpensive stroller to get us through our Disney trip. If the wheels fall off by the end, so be it! I can't justify spending $200 or more for a stroller since I know we won't use it much after the trip. I currently have a jogging stroller that has a 50 lb limit but it is very difficult to steer and not very comfortable for DS so I don't want to bring it.

Originally posted by dijid
You don't have many options for swivel wheel strollers at that weight limit. You could go for a really $$$ mountain buggy urban (www.mountainbuggyusa.com) or, as I would recommend, a peg perego Pliko. The weight limit is 100lbs total for a rider in the seat and one standing on the back on the steps. I know many people who have put 6yo's in this one. It certainly gets harder to push as the child gets heavier, though!

Wow, Dijid, those look awsome! Too bad I didn't win the lottery :(

Schwinn (yes the bike company) makes a lightweight stroller. i think it is 12lbs and it holds 50lb child. It looks good. I almost bought it for my solid 40+ lb 3 year old, I ended up going with the Maclaren Triumph (8lbs) which claims to hold 45lbs. The Schwinn was only $50-60 and the Maclaren $130. They have it on their website, Schwinn.com, you need to search abit to actually find it.

Originally posted by penel3
Schwinn (yes the bike company) makes a lightweight stroller. i think it is 12lbs and it holds 50lb child. It looks good. I almost bought it for my solid 40+ lb 3 year old, I ended up going with the Maclaren Triumph (8lbs) which claims to hold 45lbs. The Schwinn was only $50-60 and the Maclaren $130. They have it on their website, Schwinn.com, you need to search abit to actually find it.

Yes, they hid the strollers quite well! I found them at:

http://www.schwinnbike.com/products/accessories_category.php?id=17

But I didn't see any that gave weight limits. Do you recall the model that you were looking at?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter