• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best ice cream?

There is something to be said about grabbing a cone on Main Street and eating it as you watch the evening parade! :)

Aside from that, we like sharing the berry cheesecake ice cream sundae at Ghirardellis. Yum!

photo-16_zps05eef539.jpg

:hyper::hyper:

The new place in Morocco is very good too- I would say France and Morocco have the best ice cream on property but for the best Sundae I always go to Giredellis.

Has anyone tried the gelato ice cream sandwich between 2 chocolate chip cookies at the Italian stand? I am def getting the brioche ice cream sandwich at Les Artisans can't wait :goodvibes

Besides The Plaza Ice Cream shop on Main Street, Beaches and Cream, Ghiradelli, and Hollywood Scoops...we always get ice cream at the ice cream truck in AK right by EE (I always forget the name of it) but you can get chocolate, vanilla, or swirl soft serve in a waffle cone. We also love stopping at Auntie Gravity's in Tomorrowland which also serves soft serve ice cream but in regular cake cones. They also serve ice cream floats and smoothies :goodvibes.

Sadly, I am especially fond of the giant ice cream sandwiches ( only at Sleepy Hollow now and AK ?)

They have the ice cream cookie sandwiches at The Plaza Ice Cream Parlor too - right next to Starbucks. We used to get them at the end of the night at the bakery but we'll get them at the plaza or Sleepy Hollow now

They have the ice cream cookie sandwiches at The Plaza Ice Cream Parlor too - right next to Starbucks. We used to get them at the end of the night at the bakery but we'll get them at the plaza or Sleepy Hollow now

Thank you. I so miss that bakery :sad1:

Sadly, I am especially fond of the giant ice cream sandwiches ( only at Sleepy Hollow now and AK ?),the No Way Jose at Beaches and cream, Dole Whip float, everything at Ghiridelli and last but not least, the ubiquitous Mickey bar. Most trips I can only manage 2 or so.:sad1:

Are you referring to the giant chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches? If so, they have them at DHS and at POP, too.

Sadly, I am especially fond of the giant ice cream sandwiches ( only at Sleepy Hollow now and AK ?),the No Way Jose at Beaches and cream, Dole Whip float, everything at Ghiridelli and last but not least, the ubiquitous Mickey bar. Most trips I can only manage 2 or so.:sad1:

We like getting our ice cream sandwiches from the Plaza Ice Cream parlor because you can pick out your flavor of ice cream rather then having the usual vanilla ice cream. My favorite ice cream to get is the Mint Chocolate Chip, paired that with the 2 huge chocolate chip cookies.....:love:

We like getting our ice cream sandwiches from the Plaza Ice Cream parlor because you can pick out your flavor of ice cream rather then having the usual vanilla ice cream. My favorite ice cream to get is the Mint Chocolate Chip, paired that with the 2 huge chocolate chip cookies.....:love:

Sold!

Are you referring to the giant chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches? If so, they have them at DHS and at POP, too.

Where at DHS can you find them? It's my daughter's favorite treat, so I'd love to find it at this park as well for her.

Ghirardelli, Beaches and Cream, The Plaza are all great, but my faves are Sleepy Hollow and L'Artisan des Glaces where I can use my snack credits.

The menu I found on All-Ears indicated that the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor accepts the dining Plan. So, Is it a snack credit for a sundae?

This is from TheWDWGuru's list of snack credits in 2013- not sure if it's still okay for 2014:

PLAZA ICE CREAM PARLOR
The “Plaza” Ice Cream Sundae $5.39
All-American Sundae $5.39
Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich $5.29
Hand-Scooped Ice Cream Cone Double Cone – $4.29
Mickey Mouse Kid’s Cone – one scoop of vanilla $2.99
Ice Cream Float – Hand-dipped Vanilla ice cream with Coca Cola or Root Beer $4.69
Bottled Water $2.50
Topping-Hot Fudge or Peanut Butter .69
Flavors – Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry, Mint Chocolate Chip, Cookies ‘n Cream, No Sugar Added Raspberry Sorbet and Butter Pecan. Fat Free Chocolate/Vanilla Swirl, Tofutti and Rice Dream Available
Coffee or Cocoar$2.29
UPDTD 12-13

Thanks for the quick answer.

This is a great post! I'm taking notes for our upcoming trips!

We really like The Fountain at the Dolphin! They seem to be the only place in WDW that understand when I order a hot fudge sundae, my emphasis is on the hot fudge!! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter