"Best Dressed" on DCL: Share your experiences!

Originally posted by mmouse37
Lisa F.....was this on the Western in January???? We were behind a ground of women in Cozumel who were in the wrong line and were giggling when they realized they belong on the RCCL line. Could it be the same group???

MJ, yes, it was on the western in january and I thought it might've been cozumel but I couldn't remember (unfortunately had a bad cold that trip and it was particularly bad that day). This was a group of 3 senior ladies who reminded me very much of allen's grandmother (very vivacious). If it wasn't the same group, isn't it kind of telling that everyone from RCCL wants to get on the magic? I can't imagine that people wouldn't notice the fact that the ship is painted BLACK (or very dark blue) on the bottom or the larger than life goofy hanging off the back.

tinkerbellepixie4goal, that's too funny. I'm willing to bet the men were more than amused!

Lisa

I just returned from an Alaskan cruise where on formal night I admired an elderly gentlemen decked out in his dark suit and tie and on his feet were a pair of shiny white running shoes. I guess technically he did meet the dress requirements.

This thread was deffinately good therapy. I laughed so hard in spots that my 18 year old told me to pipe down. But then I shared the black light story with the disappearing blouse, and NOW HE CAN'T WAIT TILL OUR CRUISE!

Thanks for the laughs!:jester:

We did have a variety of the "underdressed" on the formal/semi-formal nights and there was a "lovely" couple on their SECOND Palo brunch of the cruise when we went (it was only Monday on the Western!) who thought resort casual meant tight stretch capris and an oversized BIG flower print blouse for her (and I believe the comb had been left home) and he was in plaid bermudas (ok they were TIGHT around his knees) and a print polo style shirt....with black sox and sandals.

:rolleyes:

Deb

Originally posted by FantasticDisFamily
We did have a variety of the "underdressed" on the formal/semi-formal nights and there was a "lovely" couple on their SECOND Palo brunch of the cruise when we went (it was only Monday on the Western!) who thought resort casual meant tight stretch capris and an oversized BIG flower print blouse for her (and I believe the comb had been left home) and he was in plaid bermudas (ok they were TIGHT around his knees) and a print polo style shirt....with black sox and sandals.
Deb

NO....not the dreaded black socks and sandals!!!!!

This thread has been the best (and cheapest) therapy for those of us who love to people watch!!!

Ginny

Last week we were on the Western Magic. There was a man from Scotland who on formal night wore a traditional kilt with the socks and everything. That night was 70's Night and he was chosen to be "John Travolta". The site of the guy in a kilt and white Travolta jacket had the crowd roaring! Still laughing about it!

I was on Carnival a few years ago and for formal night a lady had on a skin tight white dress and you could see her black bra thru it. To top off the outfit, she had on black stockings and black clunky bootsand the finishing touch............Black roots! She looked ridiculous.

This is the funniest thread so far!!! Oh My Gosh!! My stomach hurts from laughing so hard!!

i WISH i could add to it, but I can only admire!!

LOL

My friend almost made the "best" dressed list on one of our cruises. On her way out of the ladie's room after a quick stop, a woman stopped her and said "Do you really want the back of your dress stuck in your panty hose like that?"? Sure, the latest style is to have on a formal gown with your rear end hanging out the back. Lucky for my friend that the woman was so nice to stop her. I would have been laughing so hard I wouldn't have been able to speak.

Diane

This has me totally ROFLMAO!

I am taking good notes so that I don't end up as a part of this thread, LOL. Note to self....make sure that all undergarments are worn and covered with blacklight resistant clothing at all times!

Thanks for the great laughs!

On our recent Eastern, there were two women the kids and I took to calling (1) Hooker Grandma and (2) Druggie Mom.

Hooker Grandma was probably closer to 70 than 60 but wore more revealing clothing than my teen. She had VERY LONG blond hair in ringlets (probably a wig but I couldn't get close enough to be sure) and had certainly been surgically enhanced at some point. However, gravity had taken hold. She was also pretty heavy on the makeup - not a pretty sight on wrinkled skin in the humidity! Hooker Grandma was with Sugar Daddy who looked like a "Latin lover".

Druggie Mom was certainly whacked out on something (it was a little sad because she did have a son who looked to be 9 or 10). At first I thought she was maybe just seasick but the more we saw her the more obvious it became that she had a worse problem. The night DH and I ate a Palos she came in and waited for her husband (who looked fairly normal). She had on VERY LOW, VERY TIGHT stretch jeans, very high heels, a crop top. Then, as if she realized Palos was dressy, she had thrown on a "shawl" that DH and I totally believe was a tablecloth. Oh, did I mention the hip hugger belt that jangled when she walked? She pranced in and out of Palos several times during dinner.

Yuck! I feel sorry for the boy. I hope he knows what regular people look like.

Ursula

OK, hope the group that I travel with doesn't get added to this list....last time we were fairly tame.....different "funny glasses" each night at dinner. Tropical night saw not only hawaiian shirts, but pirate patches, doo rags, leis, and the fabulous gold tooth my husband put on his front tooth. Next time, we're planning on grass skirts and coconut bras.......

O.K., I give. Krhardy what are doo rags and how do you get a fake gold tooth???

Carla

You mean you don't know what a doo rag is??? You must not be from the south....lol

It is a very attractive bandana or towel that is worn on the head. Just picture Aunt Jamima.

my husband picked up the "fake" gold tooth at a local trick/costume shop here in Atlanta. You just slip it over your perfectly "normal" tooth. Our servers thought it was a hoot...but he did have to take it out to eat ;)

Originally posted by krhardy
Next time, we're planning on grass skirts and coconut bras.......

Yes, but what are the ladies in your party going to wear?? :p :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter