• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Disney Springs restaurant for kids

Dakota731

DIS Veteran
We’ve done TRex and Rainforest and would like to try somewhere new that’s fun with great food.

Well, your thread title asked for the best, but it seems you have already done those. Plenty of other restaurants there have good food, but aren't really designed for kids the way TRex and RFC are. Does the "fun" have to be during the meal? If not, take the kids for a ride in an amphibacar or the balloon and then sit down for the meal.

Boathouse out on the porch is so much better food than T-Rex or Rainforest and lots of goings on to see.
You can make a very respectable meal of the food at Jock Lindsay's and that is lots of fun too, particularly out on the porch.
Enzos Hideaway feels fun with the speakeasy vibe, although the food is pretty basic.

Is Planet Hollywood any better with their new menu? I heard pretty rough reviews before that.
Honestly, I haven't been to PH at Disney Springs since the refurb in 2016ish, so I can't really speak towards the food, but I also can't imagine it'd be much better/worse than say a Rainforest cafe (it's been years since I've been to both). I figured the props and just overall dining in a dome would be fun.

Otherwise, Boathouse - especially the patio - is really nice, very scenic, but it doesn't really seem like the kid option you're looking for when compared to something like Rainforest. Great food though.

The rest of the options at Disney Springs aren't adult oriented per se, but they're not as themed or kid/family-oriented. Of course, I think the food will be much better at say Morimoto, STK, Boathouse, Raglan, etc., its just not the same atmosphere that it sounds like you're looking for.

What about Chicken Guy? I haven't been, but don't kids love chicken tenders?

We’ve done TRex and Rainforest and would like to try somewhere new that’s fun with great food.
While not necessarily fun, the Earl of Sandwich has great food that is appealing to kids plus the sandwiches are fantastic. The food at the Piolet Pig has very good food with items that appeal to kids. It isn't a "fun" place...it does have a relaxed atmosphere.

I'd agree with Raglan Road. My kids liked it even when they were little. Live music and dancers. They thought it was great.

If you are looking for full on kid entertainment there aren't many other choices. On the plus side, T-Rex and Rainforest have some of the worst food you can find at Disney Springs. So maybe you can sell them on that.

A lot of kids enjoy Raglan Road. Splitsville also has good food and you don't really need to worry about noise, and you can bowl before or after.

The AMC theater does dine-in movies too, which might be fun for the kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter