• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Deals on Tickets?

JerseyJanice

A Disboards original...
Last year, I learned on this board about the deal Parksavers had on 7 day park hoppers. The deal was pay for 4 days and get 3 free days.

I still have the receipt. I paid $389.46 for 7 days of Disney park hopping. I was thrilled with everything about this transaction. Great price, easy to buy and get the tickets.

The price is up so much for the same tickets this year on Parksavers and Uncovertourist. I know Disney raised prices in February, but I didn't think by much.

I was spoiled last year with park hopping. We stayed at the Swan and hit Epcot every day. I would love getting the same deal this year, but at comparable pricing, I would gladly take 5 or 6 days with park hopping. What Disney is now offering with the 4 park tickets won't work.

So if anyone knows of any deals, I'd be appreciative if you could share the info.

This what I did last week - it saved me about $160 (I'm including tax in my calculation) on 2 7-day parkhoppers

To save the entire amount, you will need an American Express card - 2 cards actually

Undercover has (or at least they did last week) 6-day parkhoppers with a free extra day - so 7-day parkhoppers at a 6-day price

American Express has an offer when you charge $150 or more at Undercover, they will credit you back $30 - limit once per card - IMPORTANT, you will need to activate this offer on your card, it is not automatic

So, I purchased one ticket on my Amex, one on my husbands

One thing that I did not learn until checkout - Undercover charges around $4 more for an e-ticket vs. hard ticket - but I needed them right away, so I was fine with paying the upcharge

I will look into that.

I'm going with extended family (my brother and his wife, their adult children and grandkids) so I need only one ticket for myself.

This what I did last week - it saved me about $160 (I'm including tax in my calculation) on 2 7-day parkhoppers

To save the entire amount, you will need an American Express card - 2 cards actually

Undercover has (or at least they did last week) 6-day parkhoppers with a free extra day - so 7-day parkhoppers at a 6-day price

American Express has an offer when you charge $150 or more at Undercover, they will credit you back $30 - limit once per card - IMPORTANT, you will need to activate this offer on your card, it is not automatic

So, I purchased one ticket on my Amex, one on my husbands

One thing that I did not learn until checkout - Undercover charges around $4 more for an e-ticket vs. hard ticket - but I needed them right away, so I was fine with paying the upcharge

Where did you find the offer? I checked on my Amex app but couldn't find it.

Amex targets a lot of their offers ...

I had it on my facebook 'Amex Offers' app

My husband found it on his account on the Amex website - it took him quite a while to locate it

If you have a twitter account (I don't, so I'm not exactly sure how it works) #AmexUCT

Here is a link that explains Amex Offers on twitter

https://sync.americanexpress.com/Twitter/Index

If you are going to get a CC for it, Park Savers is listed as a travel agency, so tickets from them count for the Chase Sapphire Reserve $300 travel credit, FYI.

Something I figured out last year, find which ever ticket combination on PS, UT or elsewhere gives you the biggest discount vs gate prices, then you can bridge it when you get to WDW to whatever tickets you actually want.

If you are going to get a CC for it, Park Savers is listed as a travel agency, so tickets from them count for the Chase Sapphire Reserve $300 travel credit, FYI.

Something I figured out last year, find which ever ticket combination on PS, UT or elsewhere gives you the biggest discount vs gate prices, then you can bridge it when you get to WDW to whatever tickets you actually want.

What great information! Dang I wish I knew Park Savers was listed as a travel agency when I bought our tickets. Next time I'm using my Sapphire Reserve at PS!

Touring Plans has a ticket finder on their website. It looks at several different resellers and finds the best deal for your ticket options.
Now, it won't include credit card offers, just selling prices.

Amex targets a lot of their offers ...

I had it on my facebook 'Amex Offers' app

My husband found it on his account on the Amex website - it took him quite a while to locate it

If you have a twitter account (I don't, so I'm not exactly sure how it works) #AmexUCT

Here is a link that explains Amex Offers on twitter

https://sync.americanexpress.com/Twitter/Index
I don't have the offer on my AmEx either. Wish I did. I tried both this year and last year. Seems to be as hard to get as a Disney PIN code

I don't have the offer on my AmEx either. Wish I did. I tried both this year and last year. Seems to be as hard to get as a Disney PIN code

My daughter has received 2 pin codes in the past year!! I have not received any, ever!

I think that if you have a twitter account and an Amex, anyone can get the twitter offers by syncing your twitter account and tweeting the hashtag - in this case for Undercover Tourist it is #AmexUCT - This is based on what I have read, I can't confirm since I don't have a twitter account.

https://sync.americanexpress.com/Twitter/FAQ

I think you should have a look at Last Minute Travel. I found a coupon code online for free membership. Their prices for WDW and DLR are the best I have seen anywhere. I used them last fall for DLR without issue. I also bought my WDW tickets from them for an upcoming trip in October and the voucher was recognized perfectly in MDE.

I think you should have a look at Last Minute Travel. I found a coupon code online for free membership. Their prices for WDW and DLR are the best I have seen anywhere. I used them last fall for DLR without issue. I also bought my WDW tickets from them for an upcoming trip in October and the voucher was recognized perfectly in MDE.
I don't see the tix on their website...where did you find them?

Southwest Airlines is offering 6 day Park hopper tickets for the price of a 3 day ticket. The deadline to purchase is today at 6:00 central time. It's under their vacation offers section. I think the tickets have to be used be a certain time as well. Hope this helps.

How much wheeling-and-dealing are you willing to do and how much time do you have before you need to purchase tickets?

I have a good deal on my hotel that I want to keep so the Southwest deal would not have worked for me.

So far, the best deal I've seen is from Undercover Tourist through Mousesavers, but it is a higher price than last year for less days.

I'm going in September so the earliest thing I can do is Fastpasses in July. I'm going to hold off for now, but I'm keeping my eyes peeled.

Can you elaborate for the rest of us...?

Sure - and a lot more info/tips can be gleaned from the Budget Board's "Disney Gift Card Deals" thread.

So, here is my method for the best discount on tickets. The major caveat to this savings method is that you have to live near a Kroger or Kroger-family grocery store that gives fuel points.

1) Get an Amex Blue Cash Preferred credit card. It has an annual fee, but pays 6% in groceries up to $6000 spend (which I *easily* spend).

2) Watch for a Kroger (or other) 4x Fuel Points promotion.

3) Purchase Disney GCs during the promotion. For every $250 you spend, you get $1 off fuel per gallon. Be sure not to over spend - consider how many times per month you fill your gas tank(s). Fuel points accrue each month (e.g., April), but are good for use through the end of the following month (e.g. use April points through the end of May). Fuel points do not combine across months (e.g. April + May). To my knowledge, there is no maximum number of fuel points you can earn. However, you may not want to try to purchase more than about $300-400 worth of GCs in one transaction.

4) Fill up at Kroger - my Kroger gas station actually codes as groceries, so not only do I benefit from $1 off per gallon, but I also get 6% back. You can fill up to 35 gallons on one purchase, so the more fuel you get at a discount, the better your savings. So, some people will fill up two cars!

The math (for me):
$250 in GCs * 6% AMEX = $15
Avg savings per gas tank = $18
Fuel * 6% = $1.25
(Gas cash back varies, but for example)
Total savings = $34.25 = roughly 13.7% which may end up being better savings than going through a discount ticketer. The additional advantage is many travel agents will take Disney GCs. So, any deals from a travel agency is just bonus!

BUT let me also say that I have used UT many times and have been happy with those savings, too. It's certainly a lot less complicated! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter