Best Day of Weed for Magic Kingdom

Frozen2014

DIS Veteran
Hi,

Not sure if this is a silly question or not. We'll be coming in October of this year. From what I've investigated it's not the top best time of year to come, but it's still marked as "low" crowds. What I'm wondering is...is there a better day of the week to visit Magic Kingdom? We'll most likely be sticking to MK and Hollywood Studios and can visit them any day from Mon - Fri (weekend will be our travel days). Thanks.

PS - Sorry...typo on heading. Meant to write "Best Day of Week for Magic Kingdom...it's not letting me edit title)

Best Day of Weed for Magic Kingdom

PS - Sorry...typo on heading. Meant to write "Best Day of Week for Magic Kingdom...it's not letting me edit title)

Right now, some weed at the Magic Kingdom is probably a good idea any day of the week.

Seems like I recently heard a speech saying something similar. :lmao:

ETA: I was going to provide the helpful editing solution goofydad provided below, but the typo is just too funny! I think you should leave it as is to get more hits on your question (pun intended).

Hi,

Not sure if this is a silly question or not. We'll be coming in October of this year. From what I've investigated it's not the top best time of year to come, but it's still marked as "low" crowds. What I'm wondering is...is there a better day of the week to visit Magic Kingdom? We'll most likely be sticking to MK and Hollywood Studios and can visit them any day from Mon - Fri (weekend will be our travel days). Thanks.

Hey Frozen

If you go to edit, then advanced options you can edit the title, as far as the best day of the week visit easywdw.com

goofydad621

I was about to say that you must be from Colorado, but saw you mentioned it was a typo. ;) Even though the crowd calendar isn't done for October 2014 yet, you can look at 2013, and the months leading up to October 2014 to get some ideas for best day for MK. Look here www.easywdw.com

Glad I could give a few laughs for my typo :rotfl:

Thanks for the link of the crowds. Just have to figure out how to read it.;)

Right now, some weed at the Magic Kingdom is probably a good idea any day of the week.

Seems like I recently heard a speech saying something similar. :lmao:

ETA: I was going to provide the helpful editing solution goofydad provided below, but the typo is just too funny! I think you should leave it as is to get more hits on your question (pun intended).

Oh my:rotfl: :hippie:

I don't think that's legal in Florida yet. ;)

LOL, exactly what I was going to say. ;)

As far as your question, October has become increasingly more busy over the years. It really isn't a low crowd time anymore, IMO. We were there the 25th through the 28th this year, however, and it wasn't bad. I would try to skip Columbus Day weekend or any time around there. Any other times in October should be low"er" crowds.

I don't think that's legal in Florida yet. ;)

Not yet but as soon as the powers that be find out just how unhappy MK guests are with all the changes, uncertainties, etc., they will FastPass FL to the top of the list and make it legal :thumbsup2

And here I thought someone had come up with the perfect solution for all of us poor souls standing in the Standby lines...:cool1:

I don't think October is low crowds at all anymore, we have been there for different weeks of October every year since 2007. It is more crowded every year but the earlier in the month you go the less crowded. Once you get to Columbus day I think it stays very busy through Halloween. EasyWDW.com does a really good job of telling you what park to go to on what day. You may want to check it out.

We went 3rd week of the month this past Oct and no, I wouldn't call it low crowds anymore. Maybe not peak, but not low. We were at MK Tuesday and Thursday mornings, and despite easywdw recommending Thursday of that week, it was far more crowded than Tuesday, which I think he also recommended. HTH.

As others have said, check out Josh at easywdw. I think the best days will vary, depending on when the extra hours are, or whether or not there are evening extra ticket parties.

However, in our experience, I think that Monday is probably the worse day to go to the MK. I think that's mainly for the same reason that you mentioned ... traveling on the week-end. So many of these families want their first park day to be at the MK. So that's where they end up on Monday.

I echo a previous poster to go to easywdw.com. Josh (site owner) is in WDW about everyday and has an easy chart to see least crowded park for the day.

Rules of thumb without any charts for the least crowded park:

Wednesdays on average seem to be a decent day in the MK

Avoid Mondays (1st day of vacation for many and many want to go to MK first)

Avoid EMH days (if you do want to get up an hour early and are staying onsite - you can do the EMH morning but it will quickly become the MOST crowded park that day).

If MK is closing early for some reason (for example Halloween party), it will be much less crowded on that day than normal.

Have a great vacation!

Just FYI: The reason that some people recommend avoiding EMH is the theory that people are herd creatures and they believe because MK (for example) has EMH, then WDW wants you to go to that park. FWIW, I agree with this theory.

I also recommend easyWDW for crowd calendars, etc. It looks like his Oct 2014 calendar isn't out yet and it will change as WDW releases date of the halloween party, food & wine, etc.

I think because easyWDW explains things, he teaches you how to think and adjust your plans. Plus, it's done in a funny & interesting way.

Since we did not have park hoppers, we avoided all EMH per easywdw and were mostly pleased with the results. At the end of our trip we upgraded to APs, and since we can hop, we may tour differently. I did find a combination of easywdw and undercover tourists free crowd predictions were very insightful.

By the way the typo in the title followed by all the humourous comments. . . I could not stop cracking up!

So perhaps I will visit on April 20th myself?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter