Best day for MNSSHP

bookgirl2632

DIS Veteran
We went to MNSSHP on a Friday a couple of years and, naturally, it was very crowded. We'll be returning to Disney at the end of September/early October this year and want to go back for MNSHHP. What day do you think is the best other than Friday? I'm thinking that Tuesday is probably the best, of course, but how is Sunday or Thursday? I'll be grateful for any advice given.

We are planning to go to the Tuesday party the week after Labor Day week. I think it's the 13th maybe? I've heard the Tuesday party is least crowded.

We went on a Sunday at the end of September of 2014 and I felt the crowds were very manageable. We will be going back this October, the week of the 20th-27th, so I'm thinking for this trip, we will probably do a Tuesday. I imagine with it being closer to halloween the 2nd time around, it will probably be busier.

Anecdotal, of course, but we've always felt the Tuesday parties to be the least busy, and Friday parties to be the most busy. My guess is that locals are more inclined to hit the weekend parties.

Which day during the week of Columbus Day would you think be the better day to attend the party? Sunday, Monday, Tuesday or Thursday?

We went this past September on the 25th (Sunday)...it was one of the sold out parties. I would choose a Tuesday next time.[/QUOTE

I believe Sept 25th was the last party date for CMs to get a discount on the party. We went this past Oct on the 16th, also a Sunday, and it was not crowded, except for the hub area in front of the castle.

We went on Sunday Sept 25 and Thursday Sept 29. Sunday's party was sold out (partly because people who had tickets to an earlier party were given rain date tickets to this party). Sunday was much more crowded than Thursday's party but we had a lot of fun at both parties!

Which day during the week of Columbus Day would you think be the better day to attend the party? Sunday, Monday, Tuesday or Thursday?

If you are referring to the week of the 8th, my recommendation would still be the Tuesday or Thursday parties. You never really know for sure, but experience tells me that those parties tend to be less crowded than the Friday and Sunday parties. The unknown is the number of school fall breaks going on in a given week (that is fall break week for my kids), but I would still bet on the weekday parties. We've been doing them since 2001, and often more than once a year, and I don't think we've ever encountered a sold out Tuesday party in that time. I do remember at least one low crowd Sunday party in early/mid 2000's, but every, or nearly every Friday party we've done has been sold out in October.

If you are referring to the week of the 8th, my recommendation would still be the Tuesday or Thursday parties. You never really know for sure, but experience tells me that those parties tend to be less crowded than the Friday and Sunday parties. The unknown is the number of school fall breaks going on in a given week (that is fall break week for my kids), but I would still bet on the weekday parties. We've been doing them since 2001, and often more than once a year, and I don't think we've ever encountered a sold out Tuesday party in that time. I do remember at least one low crowd Sunday party in early/mid 2000's, but every, or nearly every Friday party we've done has been sold out in October.
Thanks for your response. Of course, the actual party days have yet to be announced, but historically they have fallen on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays & Sundays, and I was guessing they would include Columbus Day on Monday also. I was leaning towards Tuesday or Thursday, so I appreciate your recommendation.

I'm considering MNSSHP on Columbus Day during our trip this year. Looks like the past 2 years at least they've had a party on that night. Anyone know what to expect for Columbus Day??

On a random aside, last year there was an awesome MNSSHP thread. Anyone know if one has been started already for this year or????

I dont think they have started one yet ,because i've been searching for info as we are on the fence about going. I have just been reading the blogs about it. We are thinking about doing HS in the morning and then going to the MNSSHP in the afternoon since I am trying to avoid buying Park Hoppers this lets us do two parks in one day and HS is a half day park to me right now.

We went on a Thursday at the end of September, and it was great. The weather was nice, and it wasn't too crowded.

We went to the 2nd party this past September on a Thursday night, 9/8 and it was amazing! No crowds at all. The park felt empty. Definitely hoping for another Thursday party during that week this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter