Best BWV Boardwalk view location request?

Maxwell

DIS Veteran
Hi,

Will be staying at BWV in December boardwalk view. What should I be requesting for location/views?

"High" or "upper" floor. Four and five are somewhat better than two or three, and last thing you want is one of the two rooms (a dedicated 1BR and 2BR lock-off, which can be a 1BR and studio) on the boardwalk, first floor, level, where passersby on the boardwalk can stare straight into your room. And if you want a metal railing type balcony and avoid the wooden type balconies, request "Crest of Waves area." The wooden type balconies are much larger than the metal, railing type balconies but you get a wall on the left and right side of the porch blocking view and for some when sitting you cannot see through the the outer wood type rail so you have to look over it; I actually like the wooden type balconies because they are larger but many prefer the more full view of the metal railing type balconies and Crest of Waves area has only the metal rail type balconies; just be aware it is the boardwalk view area with the longest walk from the elevator.

Last edited:
"High" or "upper" floor. Four and five are somewhat better than two or three, and last thing you want is one of the two rooms (a dedicated 1BR and 2BR lock-off, which can be a 1BR and studio) on the boardwalk, first floor, level, where passersby on the boardwalk can stare straight into your room. And if you want a metal railing type balcony and avoid the wooden type balconies, request "Crest of Waves area." The wooden type balconies are much larger than the metal, railing type balconies but you get a wall on the left and right side of the porch blocking view and for some when sitting you cannot see through the the outer wood type rail so you have to look over it; I actually like the wooden type balconies because they are larger but many prefer the more full view of the metal railing type balconies and Crest of Waves area has only the metal rail type balconies; just be aware it is the boardwalk view area with the longest walk from the elevator.

I agree, first floor is my biggest fear. I always request top floor. There are very few studios close to the elevators, I almost always have a long walk. One time I did luck out to get a room above the store.

We have a 2 bedroom lockoff booked so what do you think I should request?
All 2-bedroom units at BWV are lockoffs. Follow the advice that drusba gave. Their explanation was pretty thorough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter