Best Budget-Friendly hotel near the parks?

GPC0321

DIS Veteran
I'm planning a quick trip for my mom and me in December just to experience Christmastime at Disney. We will be very budget-conscious for this trip, so will be staying off-site at a regular hotel.

I'm currently looking at Ramada Kissimmee Gateway (in the tower) and Quality Inn & Suites By the Parks. Both have mixed reviews (as expected with pretty much anything), with a bit higher overall rating going to the Quality Inn. It's also $20 cheaper to stay there for our two nights. However, the Ramada is a bigger hotel with more to do. We will get in late (8pm or so) our first night and will do nothing more than relax and sleep, but we have the next day to hang out before heading to MK for the late afternoon/evening/night. I'm thinking there will be more to entertain us at the Ramada. BUT, Quality Inn has free breakfast!

So, if anyone has an opinion about these two, or has another hotel altogether to recommend, I'm all ears!

Both places are ok and not far from one another .I personal like the Quailty Inn but we don't spend much time at the hotel as we busy at the parks we only use it to shower ,have breakfast ,and swim it's nice for us.The Ramada is clean and pretty quiet for the most part and yes,it's bigger and would may have more to do .Both hotels are older but expected for the price .

Last edited:
I think you'll be fine with either hotel, although free breakfast is nice! Another budget hotel is Destiny Palms which also has a free breakfast, not certain if their pool is heated though. You could also check out the Priceline & Hotwire hot rate deals...ya might find other affordable options. We've gotten the Extended Stay America several times for around $50 bucks a night.

We always stay at Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista on Palm Parkway. Our stays are usually just for 1-2 nights before we check into our Disney resort, but I wouldn't mind a longer stay there. Its always been clean and adequate for our family. There is a breakfast buffet, a place to order Pizza, heated pools, water play area for kids, and a quaint little bar with local craft beer on tap. I've booked it online through Bookit.com for as low as $52 per night tax and resort fees included.

Any chance you can provide the dates of your trip? December has both rock bottom and insanely expensive rates. It just depends on the dates of the stay.

Any chance you can provide the dates of your trip? December has both rock bottom and insanely expensive rates. It just depends on the dates of the stay.
You're right about that!
I've pretty much settled on the Best Western at Disney Springs now, and got a pretty good rate there through Expedia. But I noticed the huge swing in rates. One of the most incredible was when I was considering renting DVC points and saw how cheap the villa at Animal Kingdom Lodge is on the 21-23! Wow! But I'm not brave enough to go that route yet.
We're booked for the 17th-19th, Sat-Mon with the MVMCP on Sunday the 18th.

I've pretty much settled on the Best Western at Disney Springs now, and got a pretty good rate there through Expedia. But I noticed the huge swing in rates.

That was one hotel I was going to check. They usually have decent rates...especially when you consider the twice hourly park shuttles and proximity to Disney Springs.

Assuming your Expedia rate is cancelable/refundable, you may want to occasionally check the Disney Spring Hotels marketing website. They usually have promotions that can only be found on that site. It's still too early for December promos.

Link to that site: http://disneyspringshotels.com

Hint: That website has a "Special Offers" page that says it includes "All Offers". That's not true. To see all offers for each hotel, choose the hotel under the "Our 7 Hotels" tab. Then, click the "Special Offers & Packages" link below the picture slideshow.

One of the most incredible was when I was considering renting DVC points and saw how cheap the villa at Animal Kingdom Lodge is on the 21-23! Wow! But I'm not brave enough to go that route yet.
We're booked for the 17th-19th, Sat-Mon with the MVMCP on Sunday the 18th.

I feel the same way. I've looked into renting DVC points, too. Even though it was a great bargain, I couldn't pull the trigger, either.

That was one hotel I was going to check. They usually have decent rates...especially when you consider the twice hourly park shuttles and proximity to Disney Springs.

Assuming your Expedia rate is cancelable/refundable, you may want to occasionally check the Disney Spring Hotels marketing website. They usually have promotions that can only be found on that site. It's still too early for December promos.
Thanks for this! I've now signed up with the site to receive alerts about specials. I definitely did the refundable option through Expedia. December is just too far away for me to lock something in. Hence the reason I shy away from DVC. Sooooo tempting though! One day! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter