• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Airport

EpcotQueen

DIS Veteran
Sorry if this has already been addressed...Finally convinced DH to come to DL instead of DW in December. Trying to decide best airport to fly into/out of, SNA or LAX. We will either take Uber back and forth or a shuttle service. I know SNA a bit closer but LAX has better fares. Will be flying Sunday/Saturday so won't have to contend with rush hour traffic. So, SNA or LAX?

I am flying into LAX, because it was a direct flight and cheaper.

Depends on where you're coming from. SNA is actually the same or better prices for us coming from Washington state. It's quite a bit closer, smaller and less congested. Uber would cost you less coming from there.

Long Beach is another option, even smaller.

For me, it would depend on how much money I'd save by LAX. If it was just a little...then I'd pay more and go to SNA. (For us, the price isn't much different so we ALWAYS fly SNA.)

I love that SNA is a tiny airport, very close to DL, and has never ever has a wait to go through security. It's as easy as air travel can be!

We flew into and out from SNA and had a great experience. It was an easy trip to and from DLH, $21/$32 via Uber X/Uber XL. Our breakfast at Javi's while waiting for our flight home was very tasty after four days of Disney eats.

The cost savings on shuttles might help some. We just can't live without the convenience of sna. It'd be different for us if it was a non stop.

LAX is a confusing, crazy airport. It's easily the worst aiport I've ever been to. If it saves money and you feel it's worth it to fly into LAX, then do LAX, but it's a nutso airport.

First choice: SNA.....2nd choice: LGB...... LAX is too far-any $ you save on airfare is eaten up by transportation (shuttles, taxi, etc)

First choice: SNA.....2nd choice: LGB...... LAX is too far-any $ you save on airfare is eaten up by transportation (shuttles, taxi, etc)
Exactly what I was going to say. My 1st choice is SNA also, for the same reasons. Actually, I don't care how much I save flying into LAX, I would still choose SNA over crazy LAX!!

I would only choose LAX over SNA if I was saving over $100 because that's what you're likely to pay for transportation over SNA. Just my 2 cents.

We prefer to fly into SNA, too. It's smaller and closer to DL. We're from BC, Canada and for us the flight times are better flying into SNA, too.

LGB is typically about 30-50% less for me to fly into, so that's where I go. (For instance, flying PDX>SNA in Southwest is typically $130ish, but PDX>LGB is less than $70 on JetBlue. Taxi may be $10 more, but, even with that, we save serious amounts of cash.

We prefer to fly into SNA, too. It's smaller and closer to DL. We're from BC, Canada and for us the flight times are better flying into SNA, too.

We're fly Calgary but since WestJet canceled their direct flights we fly through Vancouver and the flight times to SNA are fantastic

We just got back from our trip and we flew into LAX (from Victoria via Seattle). The flights were significantly cheaper than flying into SNA.. so that was my deciding factor. The flight times were also really good. We arrived on a Saturday and flew back the following Saturday and traffic was a non issue. On the way home, our shuttle left Anaheim around 8am heading to LAX and there was very little traffic. The driver did say that weekend traffic tends to get busier closer to 11am-noon ish. This was my first time at LAX and I found it was pretty straightforward.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter