Best 1 credit TS OUTSIDE the parks?

NicoleLarson

DIS Veteran
Looking for a place to use a TS credit outside the parks. Our tickets are blacked out so that's why we are only looking for non-park places. I'm talking quality not perceived value, like Chef Mickeys. We will be on the DxDP so app, entree and dessert.

We consistently enjoy Grand Floridian Cafe ... your choice of breakfast, lunch or dinner. Although we really enjoy the breakfast, using DxDP may not be the best option, but food has always been good. We also have good results with dinner at Olivia's at Old Key West.

We used to enjoy Kona but after too many "misses" for dinner, we haven't been back in years. The time we had breakfast there, it was enjoyable. The Wave was not good when we went 2 years ago, but had been one of our favorites during the trip prior.

Going often, I think you end up with many mixed results at WDW depending on who is working a particular night and how busy the restaurant is ... not to mention what particular cut of meat you are served. I've had steak at Yachtsman twice now that was just not good at all...another time it was one of the best I've ever eaten.

Depending on your mood, I'd say either Sanaa or Kona Cafe. Bread service is great at Sanaa and Volcano roll at Kona (and Kona press pot with dessert)

I would say based on reviews and my own personal experience that you can't go wrong with any of the "secondary" deluxe resort restaurants
Sanaa at AKL
Wave at CR
GF Cafe at GF
Kona Cafe at the Poly
Captain's Grill at Yacht Club

I would be disinclined to do buffets/aycte with the deluxe plan and not wanting characters, but 'Ohana is so disney and so very good.

I'm not a huge fan of the food at whispering canyon so I probably wouldn't go there but... endless milkshakes and loads of fun so maybe.

Also if I were trying to make an event of it I'd maybe check out some of the DVC/moderates like Olivia's at OKW, Boatwright's at Port Orleans or Turf Club at Saratoga Springs.

At Disney Springs I'd look into Morimoto Asia for lunch (1cr at lunch 2cr at dinner, unless this has changed, I have not kept on top of it!) because I love a bargain and Raglan Road because I love the disney experience.

Also don't discount sharing a meal at a signature. Maybe pay OOP for one more app, it should be plenty to share!

Isn't Morimoto's one credit at lunch? Not positive about that, but if so, that would get my vote. Homecoming is I think on the dining plan, and I'm very fond of them: huge portions, though, but that may not be a bad thing.

In other days, Sanaa is really good. Really, really good. Raglan Road is also nice, and you can actually hear yourself think at lunch (or brunch- I do like their brunch!). I personally like Captain's Grill a lot.

My recent favorite meals have been Raglan Road, Captain's Grille, Homecoming and my parents have really good things to say about Turf Club. Quiet, easy to get a reservation and good service.

Boma or Sanaa...in my opinion. Depends on your preferences! I also think the Maya Grill at CSR if AMAZING!! Best food on my last trip!! SHHHH, don't tell anyone though!

Sanaa is getting a lot of love too. We've eaten there twice and it's been just ok. Maybe we'll give it one more try. We love Boma but I hate the set up. Ive always been told by my server to just go to the "pod" you want. You don't need to wait in the line that forms at the very beginning, like a typical buffet. So I do this and get tons of stink eye. I don't shove my way into lines but if I see a gap at a pod that I want, I'll get in. Anyways, we are putting that one on hold for now

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter