• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bell Services Delivery Fee

DisneyStarWisher

Love My DVC!!!
This may be a dumb question and it may have been asked before, but I don't see the answer. When they say they are charging $6/package, does that mean that if you order groceries, it will be $6 no matter how many bags? Surely it's not $6/bag!!!

I had to call today for something else and while I had them on the phone I asked. I was told the $6 is per delivery for grocery deliveries to bell services, not the same as the $6 per package for mailed packages, does not apply to luggage, is not charged if you meet the delivery person or pick up the groceries yourself at bell services, does not apply to anything you have bell services move from one resort to another for a split stay.

It sounded like she was reading a script. I can only imagine how many calls they’ve had now.

That is much less than I tip'd on my last grocery delivery.
Keep in mind, this is not a tip. A CM on another thread confirmed that Disney gets $5 and the CM delivering it gets $1. I don't mind the fee but I do hope people don't mistake this for part or all of the tip, thus leaving the delivering CM short.

Thanks for the clarification. I figured it would be for delivery; otherwise, it would be determined by how the grocery store bags your groceries, which wouldn't be quite fair.

Thanks for the clarification. I figured it would be for delivery; otherwise, it would be determined by how the grocery store bags your groceries, which wouldn't be quite fair.
Definitely! I've ordered really small orders that came in 5 or 6 (mostly empty) bags because the shopper grouped the refrigerated items/ frozen items/ baby items etc. all together. I thought that was really nice of them but if I had been looking at a $30+ bill on account of it, I might have changed my thinking!

Keep in mind, this is not a tip. A CM on another thread confirmed that Disney gets $5 and the CM delivering it gets $1. I don't mind the fee but I do hope people don't mistake this for part or all of the tip, thus leaving the delivering CM short.

So we're expected to pay the delivery fee and then tip the bell person? Somehow I feel like we're being taken advantage of. I know the person that delivers the packages had nothing to do with this policy but I will have to decide at the time whether or not to tip him.

I had to call today for something else and while I had them on the phone I asked. I was told the $6 is per delivery for grocery deliveries to bell services, not the same as the $6 per package for mailed packages, does not apply to luggage, is not charged if you meet the delivery person or pick up the groceries yourself at bell services, does not apply to anything you have bell services move from one resort to another for a split stay.

It sounded like she was reading a script. I can only imagine how many calls they’ve had now.

So, if we meet the grocery delivery person (with Amazon Prime Now you can track the delivery persons location, and see when he is near the resort) then ask Bell Services to bring it up to the room, not store it, then the $6 doesn't apply? Or if we enter our room number in the App, can Prime Now deliver it to the room, we'd be there for the delivery?

So we're expected to pay the delivery fee and then tip the bell person? Somehow I feel like we're being taken advantage of. I know the person that delivers the packages had nothing to do with this policy but I will have to decide at the time whether or not to tip him.

I think it’s an outright money grab, same as the parking fees for non DVC.

I’m not following why one would not acknowledge bell services employees for their efforts via whatever one’s standard tipping policy is (not about to open that can of worms).

Most reasonable people would acknowledge the employee hauling one’s stuff had absoutely nothing to do with the change in policy, why should they be in effect, punished? Would think it would be prudent to voice objections to the source...Disney.

If anyone is being taken advantage of here it’s the bell service people. Perhaps I’m wrong though, what if a majority of people normally tip nothing, at least bell services will get a buck when it’s all said & done, likely taxed.

So, if we meet the grocery delivery person (with Amazon Prime Now you can track the delivery persons location, and see when he is near the resort) then ask Bell Services to bring it up to the room, not store it, then the $6 doesn't apply? Or if we enter our room number in the App, can Prime Now deliver it to the room, we'd be there for the delivery?

According to this CM, if you ask Bell Services to bring it to your room, it is a $6 charge. If you bring it to your room yourself, it is not. The fee is not for storing your items, the fee is for taking them to your room.

I’m not sure about having items delivered by APN directly to your room, we are usually there before the room is ready and need Bell Services to store the items.

I don’t believe Disney allows outside deliveries to the room. I think in order to avoid any $6 fee the order would need to received in the lobby or where ever Disney allows them to deliver and then transported to the room yourself. Someone suggested bringing a suitcase down if you have a bunch of stuff to transport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter