Being old sucks...

TuckandStuiesMom

<font color=darkorchid>Age. Fac ut gaudeam<br><fon
am home from work as a result of knee surgery last Monday. My brain sez I oughta be up and doin' stuff by now but my knee totally (and not particularly respectfully) disagrees. Only upside is that I've got more piddlin' around on the computer time. :surfweb: (fyi: not coffee -- herb tea)
The thread about the pentagon/nutz etc. got pretty dang intense pretty fast. What struck me on the initial post for what it's worth and before all the other stuff ensued, is that it's not necessarily a bad thing when an organization as nutzo and san-paku as the Pentagon calls you (or anyone for that matter) nutz. I think I would see that as a badge of honor...
Okay -- time to go feed the dog, the pony, and the kitties. (The dog and the pony are somewhat sypathetic to my new gimpy self. The cats on the other hand, are probably doing a cost/benefit analysis on a one time splurge of tender marbled fresh meat vs. an on-going supply of meow mix. I do not much care for the calculating expression in their eyes)

I hope you feel better soon. I've had two knee surgeries, but not the BIG ONE!

I had ACL reconstruction about 8 years ago. I know your pain! Take it easy and do all the rehab. I just wish that I had the DIS to keep me entertained back then, but my pixie dust addiction had not kicked in at that point. :rolleyes: Maggie

TuckandStuiesMom said:
The thread about the pentagon/nutz etc. got pretty dang intense pretty fast. What struck me on the initial post for what it's worth and before all the other stuff ensued, is that it's not necessarily a bad thing when an organization as nutzo and san-paku as the Pentagon calls you (or anyone for that matter) nutz. I think I would see that as a badge of honor...

I thought the same thing. I was the OP of the pentagon story and I just thought it was kind of stupid. "hey look, now I'm nutz ...cool!"
I alway thought it might be true - now it's confirmed - GREAT, now I can move on.

Then the Holier-Than-Thou Team showed up passing judgement ...and we were off! Love that Mr V! :cheer2:

Feel better :flower3:
Keep one eye on those evil:cat:cats.

pre-lortab pity party yesterday. :rotfl:
I was TOTALLY shocked at the size of the big honkin' bottle (w/refill even!) they gave me after my surgery. I keep trying NOT to take them to avoid sinking further into the stereo-typical morass of the the socio-economic subgroup that rhymes with "Might Clash".
But'cha know what? A little hillbilly heroin sure makes day-time TV more interesting. :happytv: and under the influence, eating ice-cream outa the carton in my jammies seems somewhat less repugnant too...
THANKS AGAIN and Group hug to all! :grouphug:
-----
:cat: Yon Cattius doth have a lean and hungry look...

I feel your pain man never a knee but had a torn rotator cuff in right shoulder from pitching it's not pleasant.

I'd be guessing that shorter fella with Chip and Dale might be Aiden?? Looks like a good time was had by all. He is a total cutie, BTW!
Too bad about your shoulder -- are you in PT for it? (I expect to get signed up on Tuesday when I go in for my follow-up Dr's appt.)
Before I got too whacked out on the Lortabs yesterday, I meant to say something nice about the Stella-rella pic too.
Woo-hoo! Ain't it wunnerful what technology can do? In the last couple years, I've been doing a little fiddle-fartin' around with my digital camera (must...have...more...mega-pixels...), photo-shop, and a large format (44" wide -- yeah baby!) printer I have access to. I've gone from one of those pitiful souls that has to explain their vacation pics ("No, I think that blur by the edge of the water is Sarah, not Grandma..." :confused3 ) to a sorta low-rent photo-artiste.
Every day IS better -- actually got out and drove to town today (No Lortabs prior to THAT little experiment). I don't walk TOO much like Lurch unless I get going fast (which unfortunately is my normal speed -- but I'm choosing to see this as a cosmic slap in the head to SLOW DOWN DUMMY, AND LOOK AROUND YOU). Tomorrow, I'm taking my Mom out to Lunch as a thank you. She's 76, on O2, knarled up with arthritis, and has been worring about ME, for pitysakes :blush:!!! If that woman doesn't deserve all the Margaritas she can inhale, I don't know who does! :love:
MONDAY -- to work or not to work

Rotator cuffs? Yeesh. Knees? Blech.

But you're right. Getting old SUCKS. The year I turned 35, my back went out one night and I was stuck on our living room floor until Joe got back from NJ early the next morning. And not long after, I was diagnosed with chronic gout. GOUT?! What the.... I thought that went the way of the bubonic plague and consumption.

Friggin' gout. Don't mind me. I'm going to step back into the Victorian era.

Gout, huh? The Beer Nazi sez
"NO BEER FOR YOU!!!"
At least you're still in the "getting" :car: old phase as opposed to those of us who have already arrived at that particular destination... I've talked about this with some of my buddies of varying ages and I've come to believe that all the aches, pains, and indignities (BTW -- Dave Barry has a VERY funny essay about one's priorities at different ages and yes, pooping DOES loom larger as one enters one's golden years) and I am TOTALLY convinced that it is all part of the divine other's infinitely kind plan that we are not TOO disappointed when we finally die. It's like "Oh well... Guess I'll never know what they're havin' at the Ponderosa early-bird buffet..." instead of " OH CRUEL FATE...I never saw the pyramids, climbed K2, or made love in the shadow of the Eiffel tower..."

Gotta go -- need to get a little bit dolled up before taking my mom out for Margarita-fest. Everybody have a great day! :wave2:

p.s. -- Just got a phone call from my menfolk who are road-trippin' through the northwest. They were in Stanley, Idaho yesterday and passed by Bruce Willis' yard sale!!! DH said there were Bentleys, Rolls, and Mercedes (I guess for for those who were slummin') all parked out on the road. I am SO P.O'd :furious: -- THEY DIDN'T STOP!!!! DH claims he didn't find out who's yard sale it was until afterwards but can you imagine??? Do you think Bruce was selling the same crummy stuff the rest of us do at our yardsales??? His skinny pants that he knows he'll never fit into again? His fat pants he VOWS he'll never fit into again? His copy of I'm OK.You're OK? A ton of old "National Geographic"s? Yucky stuff he bought at a tupperware party???? My mind is reeling at the prospect...

TuckandStuiesMom said:
I'd be guessing that shorter fella with Chip and Dale might be Aiden?? Looks like a good time was had by all. He is a total cutie, BTW!
Too bad about your shoulder -- are you in PT for it? (I expect to get signed up on Tuesday when I go in for my follow-up Dr's appt.)
Before I got too whacked out on the Lortabs yesterday, I meant to say something nice about the Stella-rella pic too.
Woo-hoo! Ain't it wunnerful what technology can do? In the last couple years, I've been doing a little fiddle-fartin' around with my digital camera (must...have...more...mega-pixels...), photo-shop, and a large format (44" wide -- yeah baby!) printer I have access to. I've gone from one of those pitiful souls that has to explain their vacation pics ("No, I think that blur by the edge of the water is Sarah, not Grandma..." :confused3 ) to a sorta low-rent photo-artiste.
Every day IS better -- actually got out and drove to town today (No Lortabs prior to THAT little experiment). I don't walk TOO much like Lurch unless I get going fast (which unfortunately is my normal speed -- but I'm choosing to see this as a cosmic slap in the head to SLOW DOWN DUMMY, AND LOOK AROUND YOU). Tomorrow, I'm taking my Mom out to Lunch as a thank you. She's 76, on O2, knarled up with arthritis, and has been worring about ME, for pitysakes :blush:!!! If that woman doesn't deserve all the Margaritas she can inhale, I don't know who does! :love:
MONDAY -- to work or not to work
Yes that Is Aiden My little man, and Aidens mom in the other picture, and my rotator cuff tear was 25 years Ago did not have surgery just tried to let It heel on It's own and it did not do very well never played baseball again little softball but that's it, hope all goes well for you.

RickinNYC said:
Rotator cuffs? Yeesh. Knees? Blech.

But you're right. Getting old SUCKS. The year I turned 35, my back went out one night and I was stuck on our living room floor until Joe got back from NJ early the next morning. And not long after, I was diagnosed with chronic gout. GOUT?! What the.... I thought that went the way of the bubonic plague and consumption.

Friggin' gout. Don't mind me. I'm going to step back into the Victorian era.
Gout man that stinks my brother in law has that he's quite a bit older then you and I rick but this poor guy gets Ware he can't get out of bed for weeks bad stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter