• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Behind the Seeds Tour

jhaig

Not The First To Pass This Way
Is this something that I can purchase tickets for ahead of time or are they purchased on the day of the tour? Do tours fill up fast? We are looking at doing this tour mid-Sept. in the morning.

It's been a while...I did this in May of 2012, but we just went up to the counter and asked when the tours were, bought the tickets, and waited about 25 minutes for the next tour to start. I don't remember if they cap it at a certain amount (I'm sure they do) but I would imagine that it wouldn't be too busy if it was in Sept!

I too, did this many years ago. I don't think you can purchase them in advance but it wasn't hard getting the tickets. Like the prior poster stated, I just showed up, got my ticket and waited for the time to come. I enjoyed the tour and look forward to doing it again on this trip!

As others have said purchasing day-of tickets shouldn't be an issue. You can also book ahead if you wish via the reservations line.

We did the tour also in May 2012. I had booked it ahead of time and the day of the tour, it was "sold out" for our time slot. They do have a limit on the number of people...I want to say there were maybe 10 in our group.

We booked ahead of time for our December 2013 trip...they do limit the number of visitors on each tour. We loved it...and yes, do use discounts if you can!

Are photos/video allowed on the tour or is this considered a backstage area where the "photo police" will be out in full force?

Photos are okay. The tour is wonderful and one of the best values offered. This is after doing the Epcot Segway tour, the steam trains tour, and keys to the kingdom.

Behind the seeds we even did twice (not on the same trip).

We have done it in march and September. I don't think we had full groups for either. I think both times they were still selling tickets for our tours shortly before the tour time. I ordered ours ahead via phone to use my Disney visa for the discount and I was booking other tours at the same time.

We have pre-booked for our October trip. The IPO said it does sale out. They did charge us at the time of booking, but I believe the tour is only $20 before discount.

How much? Will a 5 and 7 year old find it interesting?

I don't know how to enter a link, and particularly not from my phone, but if you search for the poster named Fantasyland Mom, her latest trip report includes taking her daughters who were right at those ages on the tour. They loved it and the tour guide really wound up catering her tour to them so they were never bored. It's really fun, particularly if you like the boat ride living with the land.

epsmith921 said:
I don't know how to enter a link, and particularly not from my phone, but if you search for the poster named Fantasyland Mom, her latest trip report includes taking her daughters who were right at those ages on the tour. They loved it and the tour guide really wound up catering her tour to them so they were never bored. It's really fun, particularly if you like the boat ride living with the land.

Thanks - I'll check it out. I honestly love the ride. I'm trying to get into gardening this year and I find it interesting what all they grow. I think my niece and nephews are pretty cool and they love learning new things too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter