"Before Leaving Home" was updated today April 11

It looks like they may be going to testing on our own between 24 and 72 hours of the cruise?

Could be that hasn't changed yet?

It's weird because the Before You Leave Home bit does not specify the pre-testing for just the under 5s...

Maybe...but I looked at the Google Cached version from yesterday, and it essentially says the same thing, so the changes seem to have been very minor. But it would be great for my "Vancuver" cruise. :-D

Well, this gives me something new to stress about for Vancouver. We fly in on Sunday and depart Monday. Our flight lands at 12:30pm, but with customs and luggage, plus transportation time, I don't have hopes to make it to their testing location by 3pm. I would be ok to get a test on Friday at home, correct? Although I'd have to hope my husband could get off work in order to test....

Well, this gives me something new to stress about for Vancouver. We fly in on Sunday and depart Monday. Our flight lands at 12:30pm, but with customs and luggage, plus transportation time, I don't have hopes to make it to their testing location by 3pm. I would be ok to get a test on Friday at home, correct? Although I'd have to hope my husband could get off work in order to test....

Not sure what the question is. The website says on "Embarkation Day":

Embarkation COVID-19 Testing: All Guests, regardless of age and vaccination status, are required to take a COVID-19 antigen test (paid for by Disney Cruise Line and administered by Inspire Diagnostics) at the terminal before boarding.

So, you can't pre-test (yet). The "know before you go" page is really only discussing un-vaccinated children who must test in advance.

Edit: Found a link from Scott to the 1 April version of the document: https://disneycruiselineblog.com/wp...w-Before-You-Go-Before-You-Leave-20220401.pdf It really looks the same as far as I can tell.

Last edited:
All I could find is that they changed "Disembarkation" to "Debarkation" in the first paragraph of "Guests Recently Recovered from COVID-19"
They also added 2 locations for Inspire diagnostics testing and changed EST and PST to Eastern time and Pacific time respectively.

Not sure what the question is. The website says on "Embarkation Day":

Embarkation COVID-19 Testing: All Guests, regardless of age and vaccination status, are required to take a COVID-19 antigen test (paid for by Disney Cruise Line and administered by Inspire Diagnostics) at the terminal before boarding.

So, you can't pre-test (yet). The "know before you go" page is really only discussing un-vaccinated children who must test in advance.

Edit: Found a link from Scott to the 1 April version of the document: https://disneycruiselineblog.com/wp...w-Before-You-Go-Before-You-Leave-20220401.pdf It really looks the same as far as I can tell.

I was really more commenting on the implication some made that it didn't reference unvaccinated under 5's. If I have to figure out that element a month or so out that's just one more stressor...and I thought I'd figured out all the stressors so far! LOL!

All I could find is that they changed "Disembarkation" to "Debarkation" in the first paragraph of "Guests Recently Recovered from COVID-19"
They also added 2 locations for Inspire diagnostics testing and changed EST and PST to Eastern time and Pacific time respectively.
Thanks! I've looked at the page so much and I couldn't figure out what changed.

Did it always say that people that test positive at the port will undergo a second confirmatory test? I don't remember people stating they were able to take a second test at the port.

Did it always say that people that test positive at the port will undergo a second confirmatory test? I don't remember people stating they were able to take a second test at the port.
That was added with the antigen test change.

I am not more confused than ever. When I pull it up for the US based, this is what I see, updated April 11, 2022 related to testing:

Guests Have Multiple Options for Completing Their Pre-Trip COVID-19 Testing
  1. Guests residing in the United States can purchase a pre-trip, at-home PCR test directly from the Safe Passage website by Inspire Diagnostics. Tests must be completed and mailed back 3 days before sailing.
  2. Guests can use the Safe Passage website to purchase and schedule a pre-trip test to be performed at one of the Inspire Diagnostics testing locations set up for Disney Cruise Line Guests near the cruise terminal, one to 3 days before their sail date.
  3. Guests may obtain their PCR test from any independent testing provider.

Am I missing the antigen portion now? And I don't see any differences (on this page at least) for the under 5? Or is this for only the under 5s?

I am not more confused than ever. When I pull it up for the US based, this is what I see, updated April 11, 2022 related to testing:

Guests Have Multiple Options for Completing Their Pre-Trip COVID-19 Testing
  1. Guests residing in the United States can purchase a pre-trip, at-home PCR test directly from the Safe Passage website by Inspire Diagnostics. Tests must be completed and mailed back 3 days before sailing.
  2. Guests can use the Safe Passage website to purchase and schedule a pre-trip test to be performed at one of the Inspire Diagnostics testing locations set up for Disney Cruise Line Guests near the cruise terminal, one to 3 days before their sail date.
  3. Guests may obtain their PCR test from any independent testing provider.

Am I missing the antigen portion now? And I don't see any differences (on this page at least) for the under 5? Or is this for only the under 5s?
It's only for the under 5's as they MUST do a PCR test before arriving (due to being unvaccinated - everyone else will upload their proof of vaccination) at the port and then they will be tested at the port also. (which is now antigen)

I am cruising on Sunday... when looking at Safe Passage website, I am "clear to arrive", and there is no option to "purchase and schedule a pre-trip test". It only notifies me of Embarkation Day testing at the port... so no requirement to test 1 - 3 days prior at this point

Under Know Before You Go (https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/why-cruise-disney/experience-updates/us/), it is clear that the need for pre-arrival testing applies only to those unable to be vaccinated because of age:

Currently, Disney Cruise Line continues to require all vaccine-eligible Guests (based on US eligibility requirements) to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, as defined by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), at the time of sailing. This is a requirement for all Guests (US and international) ages 5 and older. Guests who are not vaccine-eligible because of age must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result (paid for by the Guest) taken between 3 days and 24 hours before their sail date. Guests ages 4 and under must complete the testing requirements. The test should be a NAAT test, rapid PCR test or lab-based PCR test. Rapid antigen tests are not accepted.

I am cruising on Sunday... when looking at Safe Passage website, I am "clear to arrive", and there is no option to "purchase and schedule a pre-trip test". It only notifies me of Embarkation Day testing at the port... so no requirement to test 1 - 3 days prior at this point
The option to pre-purchase the test is for those passengers 5 years and under who are unable to be vaccinated. If you do not have anyone who meets those specifications you won't have the option to pre-purchase a test

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter