Beating cancer calls for celebration in DisneyWorld!!! Another Wish Trip Report!!

Winnielover

Earning My Ears
Okay, So I am starting our Trip Repot a little earlier as we don't leave for another 15 days on our Make A Wish Trip. :goodvibes

I figured this way would be easier than re-starting another report after we return. It may take me a while to get the hang of everything on here, but I'll see what I can do.

We will be in Disney from November 11-18th. Although the actual make a wish trip starts on the 10th. But, You see we live in a small town so we have to fly to Toronto on the 10th. In which case our Wish granters are putting use in a hotel room for the night because our flight is later in the day. We will then fly out to Florida from Toronto on November 11th.

There will be 4 people on this trip. Me, My DD, My DS and my sister or (Auntie Sue) has my kids call her. She's been a big help through all of DD's cancer treatments by spending nights with her in the hospital, driving to and from clinic, buying groceries for us, and helping out in all ways. So when we asked our wish agency if we could bring her along they gladly said they would include her in the whole trip and we would not have to pay for anything.

We are all getting so exciting about leaving on this magical adventure. Although I'm not sure if we are ready at all!! There's always so much things going on and it's so hard to find time where everyone's together to discuss our trip. We seem to be the type of family who doesn't really get into much planning anyways. But then again we've never been on a vacation all together or one that doesn't involve going to a hospital for surgeries or treatments. So this is a much needed trip for us and one that couldn't come at a better time. :)

So far we have decided that we want to try and hit all the Walt Disney World parks ie) Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdon, Epcot and MGM. We would also like the spend one day at Universal studio's and Island's of Adventure and of course we also want to spend a day at seaworld. We would also like to possibly spend our last day or any day of the week that's nice at cocoa beach. We've heard It's beautiful and where we live there isn't a beach the only lake/river we have has brown water and E-coli so isn't not very good swimming water or people friendly. We also don't have seashells here either. So, My kids are saying they would love to go collect some if we get a chance. I'm thinking we'll probably have a busy week if you also throw in the activites at GKTW.

Which brings me to my next topic we will be staying at Give Kids the World (GKTW) We are all very excited about this. Although we have heard that some things are geared toward little kids my DD is 16 we have heard there is also so much for older kids as well. We look forward to possibly attending the christmas party:santa: and mayor claytons birthday party. :cake:

WOW since I've written this I have just realized how much we want to do and how little we have to do it all. We all fully understand that we won't be able to do everything and we are totally fine with that. We are just going to try and do everything we can with also giving us plenty of time to relax and take it easy in the procees because we understand a vacation shouldn't kill us.

My DD received a package in the mail the other day from GKTW welcoming her and the family. We where all very excited to read this and see a map of the village. We can literally feel the days now until we go. It's kind of scary actually, when you think of what we have been through and how far we have come. Each day is a miracle that's for sure.

We are going next week to pick up our package from our wish granters. We are all very curious to see what it contains and to start our official countdown to Disney. At this point when we actually start the official piece of paper countdown, I think It will be at 10 days. :scared1:

You've started...good job. Glad to see you figured it out. Looking forward to reading more!

~Elisa

You are right DISNEY is a great place for beating cancer...you will all have a blast.

I cannot wait to hear all about your plans. How old are your kids?

If you want to go find shells at a beach, do the Gulf Side. The Atlantic Ocean is very rough on the shells and the shells are pretty broken up.

I hope you have a great time. My best advice is take afternoon breaks. Swim, rest and then go back for the parades and firework shows at nite.

Have a wonderful trip!
Can't wait to hear all about it.:goodvibes

Deb

Thanks Deb! I know our family will have a wonderful time on vacation. This is acutally our first trip as a family on a plane. We are all excited to fly and definitely ready to have a week of no responsibilites :)

You've started...good job. Glad to see you figured it out. Looking forward to reading more!

~Elisa

Elisa, it's all thanks to you that I figured this out. Your helpful instructions made this possible so thanks!! I would probably still be trying to figure it our if it wasn't for you!!!:love:

You are right DISNEY is a great place for beating cancer...you will all have a blast.

I cannot wait to hear all about your plans. How old are your kids?

Thanks Avivasmom, I'm sure we'll have a great time prepared or not prepared;) Cause it's looking like we are highly not prepared!!!!:scared1:

Anyways, my kids are 16 and 18. So it's all about the bigger and faster for the rides!!!

If you want to go find shells at a beach, do the Gulf Side. The Atlantic Ocean is very rough on the shells and the shells are pretty broken up.

I hope you have a great time. My best advice is take afternoon breaks. Swim, rest and then go back for the parades and firework shows at nite.

Thanks for all the helpful information we'll try to take some of this into consideration when we are out there. It my be hard to get my kids to nap though since they are both older and have minds of there owns..But we can try!!!!:confused3

I second going to the gulf side for the beach but November is kind of icky at the beach I think....too cold to swim in. You might want to skip the beach. GKTW has free tickets to Busch Gardens to make beach day 1/2 Busch Gardens and 1/2 beach but if we could do it over again we would have skipped BG. It was too rainy and yukky to go to the beach on the day we were supposed to go in Sept. Lets put it this way if its raining at all, you might want to skip the beach. I recommend spending one day at GKTW at least, if not two. The disney park hopper is a three day park hopper with four parks to see and MK takes a day and a half. Park hopping is grueling and not for the faint of heart. We park hopped once. It was like crossing the finish line of a marathon to park hop for our family! We decided not to park hop the next day so we ended up not getting to see the AK, but our day was not exausting and nice just to do one park a day.

Our times at GKTW were some of the nicest, least stressed, most enjoyable and memorable times of the trip! You will not regret cutting out of parks early to make the activities at GKTW!

We are driving back to Orlando again next year to use up the US/iOA ticket that we didnt use on our trip. They don't expire until next year.

It is possible if you can pay for your own lodging and rental car and food, for extra days, some wish organizations will allow you to add on extra days at your own expense.

I would think, 3 days disney, 2 restful days gktw, 1 day seaworld, and 2 days IOA/US, 1 day beach as 9 days. Since you are coming all the way from Canada, and they give you way more tickets than time, I would check into this if you could afford to pay out of pocket to add more days.

Thank you who's your mickey for all this wonderful information you have left. Although we won't be able to pay out of our own pockets for this trip we are hopeful we will still be able to enjoy our selves and see most of the parks. We are not sure about the beach etc...These are just idea's that have been thrown around. We won't really know what are full plans are until we hit Florida and see what the weather for the week is. We would hate to waste a day at the beach if it's cold or rainy. But you must all remember that we are from the deep cold, part of Canada and above 20 is WARM for us. We all wear shorts and t-shirts outside and hit the pools when it's about 15 HAHAHA not really but my kids like to think we do!!! :rotfl2:

My kids love rides and will go on anything fast, apparently I've been hearing the faster the better, the more loops even better. Apparetenly I'll be watching the bags while they hit these rides!!!:eek:

Tomorrow my sister is going to pick up our package from the Children's Wish foundation. We are all excited to see what's inside. Hopefully I'll have time after to post what we got, but there's no promises since I hear my DD needs my famous ghost cookies for Halloween night...GREAT!:headache:

That about wraps it's up for tonight. I'll be back soon with more pre-trip info as we get it.

THANKS everyone!!

PS- I'm still trying to figure out how to put a link in the bottom of my name. IF can one could help me out with this it would be greatly appreciated!!! THANKS again!!:goodvibes

Great start, Winnielover! Off the top of my head, the rides DS enjoyed most (ie fast and twisty) were:
EE at AK
Kali River Rapids at AK

Mission Space at Epcot
Test Track at Epcot

ToT at MGM
RnRC at MGM
Star Tours at MGM (I think it was there)

Hulk at IoA
Spiderman at IoA
Jurassic Park at IoA

He has enjoyed at DL (think MK) BTMRR, Space Mt, Splash, Matterhorn

Hope this gives you a few *must-do* ideas.
Looking forward to more!!

It's official we have now hit the single digits until the day we leave for Disney. You don't know how excited we are all over here. Bouncing off the walls every chance we get :upsidedow :)

WOW I can't believe it's only 9 days away. I remember when we first heard about the dates of our trip and my DD decided to make a countdown, well it was first set at 260 days way. All I can say is where did the last 251 days go??

We got our wish package the other night filled with t-shirts for all, pins we have to wear each day, some stuff animals, a back pack and some other little pins. It also contained our airline tickets, our hotel for our night in Toronto, car insurance, some brochures for the parks, health insurance, and a cheque for our spending money. There was also a few other pieces which I just can't remember right now!!

So it's official we are leaving. We have everything. Now we just need to do laundry, :laundy: start packing, get the carry on's together and say bye bye to the cold weather we are experiencing right now...BBBBRRRR!!!!:scared1:

I don't think I'll be doing to much more updating on this link before we go. There's just so much to be done. I'll try to post before we leave though.

It's official we have now hit the single digits until the day we leave for Disney. You don't know how excited we are all over here. Bouncing off the walls every chance we get
We're all excited for you too!! :woohoo: :woohoo: It's almost like an extension of our trip to think of you all going, so have a great time for all of us, okay? :thumbsup2 But don't kill yourself trying to get to all the parks. Do it if you can, but don't use up all your *Disney adrenaline* on the first or second day. There's just too much to do, so enjoy it all however you can!
And don't forget to have a banana split at GKTW!:banana:

. But you must all remember that we are from the deep cold, part of Canada and above 20 is WARM for us. We all wear shorts and t-shirts outside and hit the pools when it's about 15 HAHAHA not really but my kids like to think we do!!! :rotfl2:

We understand! I have mentioned a few times to my Dh and kids that it may be cool (cold) while we are there and they have the same reply every time- It will be a lot warmer than Alaska!!! :woohoo: . So I know the weather will feel great to you! Can't wait to hear how it goes. I don't think I have heard about a "bad" wish trip so I know it will be fabulous. :banana:

It's officially 3 days until we leave on our Wish Trip!!! We are all super excited and can't believe that in just 3 more sleeps we are going to be leaving for the airport in hopes of landing in Disney on November 11th.

I think we are all bouncing off walls about now...and can't wait for this magical journey to begin. It's been a year since we have been talking about taking this trip and it's all going to start in 3 simple days and it's going to be over just as quickly. Although we are going to be sad that it's over the memories we are bound to make and the stories we we will share will definitely last a life time.

Wish us safe travels! Until we return have a wonderful week everyone I know we'll be partying it up Disney style and we are so EXCITED!!!!!!!!:woohoo: :banana: :goodvibes ;) :lmao: :cool1: :thumbsup2

PS- We are not ready one bit. We still have to do laundry, pack our bags and carry on's and get the dog taken care of....boy maybe I should get off the Dis and wonder back to reality, but then again those things can wait a few extra moments!!!!:rotfl:

:scared1: Wish us luck...Hopefully we can finish everything in 3 days!!!!!

WL...we didn't have to pay out of our pocket for anything (except a few new outfits for the kids before we went.) Our benefits from GKTW and our expense check from Magic Moments were more than enough. I am sure you will have a wonderful time without having to worry about expenses.

I think we have all done hard time in the laundry room, trying to get everything clean and pack before leaving for the dis. Don't forget that there are laundry facilities in your villa at GKTW...

Have very safe travels. I hope all goes smoothly at the airport and with your flight. Enjoy every minute!

~Elisa

I know your trip will be full of magic because all of these trips just seem to go that way. Many wishes and lots of luck for having your bags packed and a safe journey. We will look forward to hearing ALL about it upon your return.
:banana: :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter