Beach or AKL

Tracey868

Mouseketeer
Hello, I have never stayed at either resort. Love Boardwalk but may want a change. Coming in April. I love Animal Kingdom as a park but also love Epcot ( to eat/ drink) and MK. Two adults for girls trip. Thoughts. I have option of water view for beach or savanna for AKL. Love thoughts

It depends on how much you will be at the resort. We have stayed at both twice. AKL is beautiful and seeing the animals is amazing, but we only would see them before we leave for the parks each day for a minute. By the time we got back from the parks at night most of the animals were gone or laying down. Also it is a long walk to the busses (ok for us, but many complain). We love Beach Club to be able to avoid busses as much as possible, with walking or boating to 2 parks it can’t be beat. We are also a family of 4, so different dynamic than 2 adults. Both are gorgeous resorts.

I think it depends on what you’re doing on the girls trip. Are you mostly park goers or having some resort time. AKL has very good dining options with Jiko, Boma, Victoria Lounge, Sanaa over at Kidani. Jambo has a big pool with multiple hot tubs. I don’t like the disjointed nature of Stormalong bay. Definitely don’t understand why the lazy river section is 6 feet deep.

Beach you do get Epcot as your neighbor. It’s not really that different from staying at Boardwalk just the other side of the lake.

100% Beach Club. Better location, larger room. AKL is quite isolated. With 5 resorts and two parks within walking/skyliner/boat distance of BC, it's a no-brainer for a girls' trip.

Agree with how much time do you plan to spend where? Do you have park hoppers with plans to do evenings in Epcot? BC hands down. Will you be relaxing around the hotel for a few hours a day able to enjoy amenities? A lover of animals would adore AKL.

How long are you staying? Those are 2 resorts I often do split stays at. Go to Epcot and DHS from BCV; AK and MK from AKL. If you don't want to do a split stay, it's a very hard choice, IMO. Maybe I'd give the slight edge to BCV, only because you have more choices of places to eat. But you can't go wrong with either one.

Beach Club for sure! As pp mentioned, if you don't plan to spend time in your room during the day, the savannah view room is probably not worth in at AKL. Plus location, location, location. You can't go wrong with either though.

BC if you have hoppers and plan on ending your days at EP. Super convenient!

Otherwise, AKL. That is just such a beautiful resort with amazing restaurants/lounge.

We’ve stayed at both and think that AKL is a much more unique experience. We do like to spend time at the resorts we stay at though.

Animal Kingdom has quickly become one of my fave resorts, even if the DVC rooms desperately need a refurb. I really like staying there for a more relaxing vacation. And honestly, the bus service is not bad at all. I timed the buses and you can get to Epcot in like 10min. Magic Kingdom was the farthest, closer to 20min. It's also pretty close to Disney Springs as well. The Victoria Falls Lounge is really nice as well.

But, if you know you're going to be spending a lot of time at Epcot, choosing BC might be better since you can walk to Epcot from there and would have easy access to the Skyliner. You can also walk over to the Boardwalk and hit up Abracadabar.

Unless I was planning on spending a lot of time at the resort, I would pick BC for a girls' trip.

I’d opt for BC although I enjoy the AKL a bit more. You cannot beat the convenience of BC for Epcot visits. If you were planning a bit more resort downtime, I’d go for AKL in a savannah room. But both are great choices!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter