Beach Hotel

MandNCC

Earning My Ears
Hello!
I'm helping my father in law surprise my mother in law. He is surprising her with a trip out to anaheim during a business trip and then extend it a few days. I'm thinking they will transfer hotels from the convention center area and I think she would really like to be somewhere closer to the beach. It will be mid January when they are coming, do you have any recommendations on hotels specifically or beaches with access to enough activities to do for a day or two? We went to Huntington on our last visit and I liked it but we only did the beach and ruby's so I don't know what else there is to do there.
Thanks!

I'm glad to help, but...

There is over 50 miles of "closer to the beach" in SoCal and a LOT of hotels.
Do you want to stay near Huntington? Closer to Santa Monica? Perhaps Newport
or even Laguna Niguel? As close to Anaheim as possible?

It does not have to be close to Anaheim. They are flying out of LAX and I'm not familiar with the area (obviously) I was thinking they might like Venice or Santa Monica based on what I've read.

The top hotels in SM that most people will recommend are Loews or Casa del Mar. There's also Malibu Beach Inn, but in January it could rain and I wouldn't want to mess with PCH. At least in SM they'd be close to other activities. They're also all quite pricey. Did you have a budget? What are their expectations for going to the beach in January?

We stayed a Newport Coast Villas, which is a Marriott property. It was beautiful, but not always available because it is a timeshare property too. They are two bedroom villas, with great amenities. The beach is the main attraction, but there are lots of shopping areas too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter