Beach Club vs Yacht Club

tmaxwell

Mouseketeer
I'm planning a 2022 big trip (which has been rescheduled from 2020 - didn't want to risk 2021 with masks and summer - don't come at me I all ready know I screwed up on that one) and we were going to originally stay at the Poly but we are now deciding between Beach and Yacht Club. Any major differences? We love Epcot and we are hoping for the park to be completed by 2022.

Ohh we are going in August as well. Thanks!

In reality, the experiences at either side of the resorts are great - BC or YC side. You have access to SAB pool, access to the same transportation and restaurants. It's probably a 'look and feel' thing. Some prefer BC - which is us. Some prefer YC. BC is closer to EPCOT, but only by a few steps, depending on where your room is located. We just like the colors and design of the BC part - no deep decision there! But we would absolutely stay at YC again (we've been there already) if that was our best value. In August, you should be able to take advantage of the pool!!

I'm planning a 2022 big trip (which has been rescheduled from 2020 - didn't want to risk 2021 with masks and summer - don't come at me I all ready know I screwed up on that one) and we were going to originally stay at the Poly but we are now deciding between Beach and Yacht Club. Any major differences? We love Epcot and we are hoping for the park to be completed by 2022.

Ohh we are going in August as well. Thanks!

Between the two, Yacht Club is a more formal resort than the Beach Club. So if you are a looking for a slightly more relaxed environment, the Beach Club is probably the best option for you. And that makes perfect sense with the themes, as a beach is generally a more relaxed environment than a yacht club.

Been staying at both, back and forth, for more than a decade now. This is before we joined DVC BC.

But I’ll make it simple, and others have alluded to this.

YC = quieter and less kid oriented. Same amenities as BC.

BC = a bit louder and more kid oriented. Same amenities as YC.

Distance to parks is a minimal difference between the two (you’ll hardly notice the difference) unless you have some sort of specific physical needs and need the shorter walk from BC to Epcot.

Can’t speak to what the rooms are like now, I know they’ve undergone some upgrades in recent years. But in general, what I said above still applies.

YC is closer to the boat dock (if you're going to Studios), BC is a shorter walk to Epcot. Distance to bus stops is about the same at both. BC has a nice "solarium"; we like to sit there (or just outside in the courtyard) with cold drinks in our refillable mugs.

The buses stop at YC first, so you have a better chance of getting a seat during the morning rush.

For me, the biggest difference is YC has full balconies on all rooms except ground level. BC could be full balcony, small balcony, standing-room only balcony or no balcony depending on room.

Others may like the more family-oriented beach theming of the BC and it does have more views of Epcot, but I prefer the guaranteed full balcony of YC.

You really can't go wrong with either. We just got back from YC yesterday and it was a fantastic stay. As others have said, YC feels a little quieter and more subdued, BC more lively. We used the amenities at both (SAB plus TS and QS at both resorts). For me, the decision would come down to what kind of atmosphere appeals, do you want a guaranteed full balcony and do you want to be closer to the boat dock and Swan/Dolphin (great restaurants!) or closer to EP and the Skyliner?

YC allows people to bring pet dogs. BC does not. (Obviously service animals could be at any resort.)

Some YC rooms have showers only, no bathtubs.

PP mentioned that YC has full balconies on all rooms except ground level. BC could be full balcony, small balcony, standing-room only balcony or no balcony depending on room.

PP also mentioned that the buses stop at YC first, so you have a better chance of getting a seat during the morning rush.

I think it's basically one resort with two buildings (3 if you count BCV). I believe YC and BC have the same general manager. They share the pools and restaurants. To walk from one to the other, you are just walking next to the pool area.

I think the big difference could be the discounts. People sometimes report that they would prefer BC but got a bigger discount at YC.

we are now deciding between Beach and Yacht Club. Any major differences?
We have stayed at both resorts multiple times and there aren't any major differences. The rooms at the YC have been recently remodeled with laminate flooring instead of carpeting and nice upgrades to the tub/shower. But the BC Marketplace has many more food options than the YC marketplace and we tend to prefer having breakfast at the BC.

I would book whichever resort is cheaper, since you can't go wrong with either one. :)

I agree that you can't go wrong with either. The DVC rooms are on the BC side, which makes it feel a little busier to me. You'd also get full balconies/patio on the YC side, as mentioned. However, BC is a closer walk to Epcot, Boardwalk and the Skyliner which I think would be the three things we'd access the most while staying there.

I've stayed at both lots of times. BC was our go to resort when my kids were preteen. Now we prefer YC because it does seem quieter. I also like Ale & Compass TS.

BC seems more relaxed at the shore to me where YC is like Uncle Herbert’s historic house at the Vineyard. Young kids and young adults might feel more comfortable at BC where they don’t have to worry about knocking over uncle’s antiques lol. YC leans more refined.

The full Balcony is why we pick YC. We had a ground floor by the quiet pool and it was awesome. spoiled me for sure

We've done both, several times. Buses coming to YC first is no small thing. But, we usually decide by getting quotes on both and taking the one with the lower price tag. They aren't too far off, but it's such a hard decision, and this makes it a bit easier.

Beach club - and try to get BC DVC casue it's less cost

A BCV studio is not the same layout as a BC room. One bed, one sofa bed, one bed (smaller than a twin) which pulls down from the wall. Very little room to move around if latter two are open. Very little storage. Kitchenette area with microwave and toaster oven which you don't get in BC room.

We have stayed in both YC/BC multiple times. YC is much quieter, nicer rooms, floor is not rugs, full balcony. Nautical themes including the drapes throughout the room.
BC more of a beach theme, full and half balconies, (more half than full) little more noise, can’t go wrong with either. We liked both club levels, CM were wonderful at both resorts. Never had any problems with the room, mousekeeping, food. Locations BC closer to Epcot, YC closer to HS. Not much of a difference. Got nicer views of fireworks at YC both Epcot and HS on last trip in 2019. Marketplaces are ok, BC is bigger with more variety but both OK. Ale and Compress lounge and restaurant in YC are very nice. Both share the best pool on Disney property. Can’t on wrong on either but if you want a full balcony, better chance at YC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter