Beach Club vs. Yacht Club

The only objective difference is that all rooms at the YC have balconies where as some BC rooms don’t/only have small Juliet balconies. Otherwise almost everything else comes down to personal taste and preference. I personally like the rooms at YC more but there are plenty who favor BC.

I'll just add that you'll be anywhere from 5-10 minutes closer to Epcot, depending on room location and how fast you walk, at BC vs. YC. Some people prefer to be further away, but as my name suggests, BC is my preference :)
I'll also say that my observation is that BC attracts more families with kids and YC attracts fewer, if that matters to you. I dream of a more serene YC stay, but the proximity to Epcot keeps me coming back to BC.

Some prefer the more family-oriented, fun theming and Epcot views of the BC, but a full balcony is a must have for me at Deluxes, so I always go for YC. Also, YC is often cheaper, but it goes back and forth.

One other difference is that yacht club accepts dogs. This does impact my decision making because of my allergies. It's not a complete deal breaker for me, but it is a consideration.

I'll just add that you'll be anywhere from 5-10 minutes closer to Epcot, depending on room location and how fast you walk, at BC vs. YC. Some people prefer to be further away, but as my name suggests, BC is my preference :)
I'll also say that my observation is that BC attracts more families with kids and YC attracts fewer, if that matters to you. I dream of a more serene YC stay, but the proximity to Epcot keeps me coming back to BC.

On the flipside you are equally closer to DHS at the YC, which is a perfect example of how it’s hard to say one is objectively better, since most of the differences are subjective.

The Yacht Club rooms have a sliding door that closes off the bathroom sink area, laminate floors instead of carpet, and the full balconies (as others have mentioned). The theming of the resort is more nautical, but we found it to be just as family friendly. The main exit from the YC leads you straight to the boat launch, so if you use that method of transportation, you are slightly closer. The closest entrance to Stormalong Bay to YC is by the sand-bottom pool and lazy river, whereas the BC entrance is near the water slide. Both resorts are amazing and you can't go wrong with either.

From the Yacht & Beach Club FAQ thread:

What are the differences between the Beach Club and the Yacht Club?

The Beach Club and Yacht Club are similar resorts in terms of service and amenities, and have equal access to the shared pool complex, health club and video arcade. Both resorts have the same management team in place.

Some minor differences have been noted by guests:

Beach Club- club level lounge renovated in 2014, room renovations completed in August 2015
Lighter, beachy décor in lobby and rooms
Lobby can be active and lively with families waiting for meals at Cape May
Closer to EPCOT and Marketplace Gift Shop
Approximately 50% of rooms in all room categories have full balconies. The remaining are standing balconies.
Room attributes include carpets on floor, Cuisinart Pod Coffee Makers (although they have been replaced with Keurigs in some rooms), ceiling fans (ceiling fans may be in the process of being removed from rooms at the BC (2018)
Shared resort bus picks up and drops off at YC first

Yacht Club- renovations to club level lounge started October 2015, room renovations completed in June 2017
Darker woods and nautical décor in lobby and rooms
Lobby is more serene
Convention attendees are more likely to be booked at YC
Closer to Hollywood Studios and Friendship Boats
Most rooms have a full balcony (exceptions: 5163 has no balcony, some rooms have full but enclosed balconies, there are a few extra large balconies shared by multiple rooms)
Room attributes include wood floors, lots of storage units, Keurig coffee makers. No ceiling fans in rooms following the rehab.
The Market at Ale & Compass is smaller and offers different quick serve food items than the Beach Club Marketplace.
Shared resort bus usually picks up and drops off at the YC first

* Starting in October 2017, pet dogs are now being welcomed in guest rooms at the Yacht Club resort. Additional information posted at the beginning of this post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter