Be Our Guest Reservations open 8/20 at 7:00 am

Be Our Guest Restaurant Details – ADRs, Disney Dining Plan, Booking Dates
AUGUST 16, 2012 BY DOCTOR DISNEY LEAVE A COMMENT
New details have emerged for the Be Our Guest Restaurant that will be a part of the New Fantasyland in Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom. Some new revelations were announced by Disney and they include some changes including moving up the date that reservations can be made from August 28, 2012 to August 20, 2012. Check out the list below to know all you need to know about it.
~ Advanced Dining Reservations (ADRs) can first be made at 12:00 p.m. EST on Monday, August 20, 2012. The first date that dining reservations can be made for is November 19, 2012 when the previews of the New Fantasyland begin. Beginning on August 20, 2012, ADRs can be made up to 180 days out and only by calling 407-WDW-DINE or visiting the guest services of any Walt Disney World theme park or resort.
Online reservations will be available beginning on August 22, 2012.
~ Lunch at Be Our Guest will be on quick-service credit for lunch and one table-service credit for dinner on the Disney Dining Plan.
~ A credit card will be needed to make a reservation and the same $10 per person cancellation fee will be in place.

Taken from Doctor Disney website :)

Apparently there won't be public access to the area prior to November 19. There are passholder previews being planned before that, apparently that you can't make restaurant reservations for. Personally I don't think anyone should expect any kind of soft opening prior to November 19.

I wonder if they would do any kind of preview for DVC members, AP, etc prior to the 19th. We are members and will be there Nov 6th- Nov 12th. Pretty disappointed to miss it and the rest of new fantasyland by 1 week.

Just read that the Be Our Guest resteraunt will start taking reservations on the 20th of this month at noon..Just wanted to let everyone know..wonder if they start taking reservations then when it will be open? does anyone have a idea? we leave on the 31st but im pretty sure it wont be open then right? or should I be on the computer at noon lol!! :badpc:

Yes we have all read the same info, but the ADR's right now we are told will be for those that wish to dine after Novermber 19. The official grand opening is December 6th

Just read that the Be Our Guest resteraunt will start taking reservations on the 20th of this month at noon..Just wanted to let everyone know..wonder if they start taking reservations then when it will be open? does anyone have a idea? we leave on the 31st but im pretty sure it wont be open then right? or should I be on the computer at noon lol!! :badpc:

My understanding is that if you want to make reservations on the 20th, you have to call. You can make ressies online on 22nd August. I can already hear the beep of the busy signal lol :)

Normally, when reservations open at 6 am, if you call you can't get through, so how is this going to work? People will start calling at 11:45 and just ask to sit on hold? Is it only those whose calls are answered before 12 pm?

What if you call at 11:58 and you're call is answered immediately, do you ask the CM what time it is, then have small talk for two minutes?

This is going to be a CF, I can see it now.

This is very exciting! We're considering going in January for a weekend (I may run the half-marathon) and would love to have dinner here. I am thrilled to see this new restaurant not to mention my daughter is a Beauty and the Beast fan.

Anyways, I just wrote a new blog post on this if anyone is interested. Thanks!

http://www.disneyparksplanning.com/...-restaurant-to-open-reservations-on-august-20

Can't wait for this restaurant to be open!

I wonder if they would do any kind of preview for DVC members, AP, etc prior to the 19th. We are members and will be there Nov 6th- Nov 12th. Pretty disappointed to miss it and the rest of new fantasyland by 1 week.

I've been reading about the previews for the new fantasyland on the AP site for awhile now (no reference to the restaurant, tho') - I assume they will cost a bit, have not seen reference to any offers to DVC timeshare people, tho', but since I'm not one I wouldn't be privy to announcements geared to that crowd.

I'm going to try calling Monday to snag an ADR for 11/19. But I have very little patience for holding on the phone, so if I can't swing that I'll make an ADR online on Wednesday for whenever is available. :laughing:

That is correct, you have to call on the 20th. To use your computer it is the 22nd. It will be open for business on November 19, but that is subject to change due to construction. I am sooo excited!!!!

Just wanted to thank everyone I've seen here, who have been so on top of the Be Our Guest info. I've been a lurker for quite some time, but this new info today made me want to sign up! Thank you all!! :jumping1:

Normally, when reservations open at 6 am, if you call you can't get through, so how is this going to work? People will start calling at 11:45 and just ask to sit on hold? Is it only those whose calls are answered before 12 pm?

What if you call at 11:58 and you're call is answered immediately, do you ask the CM what time it is, then have small talk for two minutes?

This is going to be a CF, I can see it now.
Oh, it'll be bad I'm sure. Long hold times, busy signals, dropped calls, and system outages.

It shouldn't be quite as bad as when they switched from the 90 day to 180 day ADRs though, that was a true mess. 3 months of people making reservations for all meals all on the same day. At least this is only about 3 months worth of people for 1 restaurant ;). (Not sure how bad the Via Napoli/Hacienda releases were, but they were also likely less in-demand than BoG)

I just called... CM said new update they just got says booking will begin at 7AM August 20th! :thumbsup2

I am dreading this whole process. We're hoping to go on our younger daughter's 1st birthday, which was previously mentioned as a possible CM preview date, so who knows if they will even be accepting ADRs that day. And she's currently a teething 8-month-old who doesn't sleep. I really don't want to get up/sit on hold at 7 a.m. Ugh.

Oh, it'll be bad I'm sure. Long hold times, busy signals, dropped calls, and system outages.

All of which happened only two days ago with the influx of calls for booking Food and Wine Festival events, I can't expect the 20th to be much different. Be prepared to have to wait, call back or maybe use two phone lines.

I just called... CM said new update they just got says booking will begin at 7AM August 20th! :thumbsup2

I wasn't going to say anything, because my plan was to call at 6 am cst all along, but my guess was they would advertise 12 pm, but really take them at 7 am to thin out the rush. Restaurants do this all the time by advertising they open early (11am) on Mothers Day, but they'll really open at 10:30.

My guess is that "the system will be down" probably between 11:30 and 12. That way they can have a fresh start and not deal with the issues of people calling in early

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter