• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Be Our Guest? Really?

I am almost at 60 days and all was booked up, but just last week I was able to get dinner at a decent time. Our first experience 2 years ago was awful, I am going to give it one more try. In over 33 trips, this was the first meal I have ever had comped as it was totally inedible!

Out of curiosity, when my 180 + 10 opened up for our trip (11/1-11/10), I looked for BOG reservations for each day of the trip. It was available for dinner at multiple times every day. I was really surprised as I thought it was still impossible to book. I didn't book any as I didn't want to eat there this trip, but wanted to share so others don't lose hope!

OP, keep watching for something to open up...I hope that you find what you're looking for!

Out of curiosity, when my 180 + 10 opened up for our trip (11/1-11/10), I looked for BOG reservations for each day of the trip. It was available for dinner at multiple times every day. I was really surprised as I thought it was still impossible to book. I didn't book any as I didn't want to eat there this trip, but wanted to share so others don't lose hope!

OP, keep watching for something to open up...I hope that you find what you're looking for!
It helps that free dining doesn't start up again until Nov. 8. Fewer people vying for ADRs.

Actually, almost every month since the restaurant opened, Disney has dumped a whole slew of reservations into the system weeks or months after the booking window opened.

Nope, it typically happens much earlier than that. You'll see the flurry of messages on the Dis and Facebook with people finding multiple times for dates they had been searching for daily for months.

Yes, this for sure. It was way too many to be just cancellations and it was after the 45 day mark. Good luck!

We planned our upcoming trip entirely within the 60 day window (crazy, I know!) and I was able to grab a BOG lunch by just checking every morning when I opened my computer for about two weeks. I'm sure free dining makes it more hectic, but don't give up yet!

How good is the food at this restaurant that there is nothing available?

I know I'm in the minority on this one, but I just don't get the BoG hype. Don't get me wrong I fell into the trap of having to get a reservation because it was so hard to get, but we found the food to just be ok. We much prefer liberty tree tavern or even the plaza when in MK. I get that people want to see inside the castle, but in the end it is a restaurant and in my opinion it isn't one worth making reservations 6 days in advance let alone 6 months.

I know I'm in the minority on this one, but I just don't get the BoG hype. Don't get me wrong I fell into the trap of having to get a reservation because it was so hard to get, but we found the food to just be ok. We much prefer liberty tree tavern or even the plaza when in MK. I get that people want to see inside the castle, but in the end it is a restaurant and in my opinion it isn't one worth making reservations 6 days in advance let alone 6 months.

now see its not all about seeing the inside of the castle for me.
if it was i would have been satisfied after going on opening day.
i have not gone for dinner but i've gone for lunch 5 times since thanksgiving 2012.
i probably never will go for dinner because the food choices don't sound appealing to me.
it sounds like you only went for dinner as you are comparing it to other TS restaurants in MK.
maybe you'd have a different feeling about the food and it being worth while if you were to try lunch instead.

I can't seem to steer away from this meal:
Braised Pork - slow-cooked pork with vegetables and bacon served with mashed potatoes and green beans jardinière.
I just love it. My DH tries different things and hasn't loved anything except the Braised Pork. My kids have tried several of the kids' meals and absolutely love each one. They both say it's their best meal in Disney.

Everyone who says the food at BOG is awful clearly did not order the braised pork. This is one of the best menu items in all of WDW.

Did you ever get your Ohana reservation?

I was able to book a BOG dinner reservation last week for August 30. There were a lot of times open (more around 4:30 or 8:00, but still there) where there had been none a few weeks earlier. Definitely keep checking.

You said your 180 day window opened 10 days ago, so you didn't go on right on the 180 day mark to try and book this? And yes it does book up fast, especially if you try after your 180 day mark. The shorter amount of days you are there, the least likely your chances will be because of people checking in before you, getting to them first. I had no problem getting BOG dinner because I have a 10 day stay and booked at 6am on my 180 day mark and tried for our 8th day there. Anything before the 8th day was already booked.

Keep checking everyday! Although, thats what I did last year and still couldn't get a dinner adr . But they are known to add reservations randomly.. You just have to be online at the right time. Check the November cancellation thread too! This helped a lot of people last year!

Everyone who says the food at BOG is awful clearly did not order the braised pork. This is one of the best menu items in all of WDW.

Did you ever get your Ohana reservation?

I agree -- I'm just not sure how someone can think that dish is awful! Sometimes it has been better than other times, but I think that can be true for any dish at any restaurant.

I got Ohana at 8:15 and I've resigned to the fact that I'm probably not going to get any earlier. I think it's ok since we'll be staying at the Poly and we can hang around at the pool until 6:00ish, then take our showers and head to Ohana.

WTH, my trip is over 5 months away, the ADR's just opened for my week about 10 days ago and NOTHING is available for my entire 6 day stay at BOG for lunch or dinner. ALREADY booked up? How good is the food at this restaurant that there is nothing available? Honestly, I get why we need to do ADR's, I get that there are like a gazzilion people all making ADR's but almost 6 months out to plan is ridiculous but to be booked solid is insane! Any tips on getting into this place or am I wasting my time?o_O

Sorry for the rant, I am SUPER EXCITED to be going back again! :mickeyjum and I hate to come off as a brat not getting my way but I guess I'm in a bratty kinda mood now :laughing: Love the DisBoards! :disrocks:

Tina:jumping1:

It's average more of ambiance than amazing food.

The steak frites was one of the best I have ever had (at dinner), though compared to some reviews I may have just been lucky. I would say it is worth it to keep trying!

We planned our upcoming trip entirely within the 60 day window (crazy, I know!) and I was able to grab a BOG lunch by just checking every morning when I opened my computer for about two weeks. I'm sure free dining makes it more hectic, but don't give up yet!

I've just done the same, booked last week for August so hang in there and check every day or so. Something will turn up.

My unpopular opinion? I won't bother with BOG again. We had FastPass+ during the trial run and I wasn't really impressed with it.

now see its not all about seeing the inside of the castle for me.
if it was i would have been satisfied after going on opening day.
i have not gone for dinner but i've gone for lunch 5 times since thanksgiving 2012.
i probably never will go for dinner because the food choices don't sound appealing to me.
it sounds like you only went for dinner as you are comparing it to other TS restaurants in MK.
maybe you'd have a different feeling about the food and it being worth while if you were to try lunch instead.

We have done lunch too and while it's nice to have a guaranteed reservation and the food is fine, I'm not much of a planner so with the new system it just doesn't work for me. And IMO the food doesn't warrant stalking the site.

We had not decided I this trip til after the 180 day mark. And when I first started searching we could not get a
BOG Dinner ressie. BUT be hopeful and persistent I finally got one At 110 days out.
Make another reservation that will do if you don't get one.....but keep trying!

Just keep trying. I'm going the end of May for the SW weekend. I've been checking off and on when I think about it to see if anything at BOG or the Sci-Fi Galactic breakfast ever opened up. A couple of weeks ago, I snagged a BOG reservation and today I got the Galactic Breakfast I wanted. If it's really important to get a BOG reservation, just keep trying. You just never know when one will open up.

Did you book at 180 + 10. We arrive in the 18th and our window didn't open yet to make ADR's
Sorry I am late ..i hope you had some luck..our t.a. made a ressie for us at 180 then,about four days later I tried so I would understand the process..got lucky

Keep trying. I just got an early dinner at BOG for our trip in August. I was shocked when I saw it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter