"Be Our Guest"- May 2009 Pre-Dining Report [UPDATED! 3/4/09]

DisneyFan83

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone, welcome to my May 2009 Pre-Dining Report! :wave2:

Here is our story

My first trip to Disney World was in June 2004, and I have been every year since (twice last year), making this my 7th trip! Mom has done the same except not twice last year, making this her 6th trip since '04. It has always been just us girls going to Disney, my dad or brother neither have the desire to go. We just go and enjoy ourselves; we look forward to it every year. :woohoo:

I just got married in November 2008, so in December, DH and I went to Disney World for our honeymoon. He had never been and always wanted to, so this was a great honeymoon for us! He loved it and all went well except for me getting that awful virus at the end... but anyway... :sick:

My parents love my DH, but my mom figured that after I got married I wouldn't go with her to Disney anymore unless my hubby could go. She would want him to go, but didn't want me not to just because he can't. I told her that wouldn't happen, and now we're going this May! We wish DH could go, but he can't take off work right now, he just tells me to have fun and maybe he'll get to go next time. He's such a sweetie! :lovestruc

To start off with, here is a little info about us:

Me (Carrie)
Fav characters: Donald, Mickey, Pluto, Stitch, Ariel... the list goes on
Food: I'm a pretty picky eater and don't venture out much... also, no veggies for me! I will eat some seafood, but only fried!

Here is a picture of me & DH on our honeymoon
image2y.jpg

DM (Mom)
Fav characters: no one in particular, but probably Mickey
Food: She'll eat just about anything (loves veggies), except for Seafood!

Here is a picture of Mom & I at my wedding (I would use a Disney pic, but she's lost some weight since then and wouldn't be happy if I put it on here)
1000502.jpg

BTW- yes, my hair was much longer on my wedding day; I chopped it all off after!

NEXT UP: Our Itinerary!!! :yay:

I'm in.Cant wait.We are also going to DW in May the 10-17 staying at ASMufamily suites.By the way your mom looks like your sister.

I'm in.Cant wait.We are also going to DW in May the 10-17 staying at ASMufamily suites.By the way your mom looks like your sister.

Yay! Welcome! We'll be there May 16-23, so we'll just barely miss you. A lot of people have told her she looks like my sister, then she gripes about being old! I'll have to tell her you said that; it will brighten her day :goodvibes

Alrighty, Itinerary time!

Our May 2009 trip will be from May 16-23! we will be staying at POP Century (for the 3rd time for mom, 4th for me). This is the first time that we did not request a preferred room. We wanted to try and save a little money, so thought, why not! Hope we don't regret it! In the past when we didn't do DDP, we ate a lot of meals at the food court, so since we won't be doing that as often, I don't think it will be as big of a deal if we are further away.

We were very lucky to fall within the timeline to do Buy 3, Get 4 Free! We originally had intended on only staying 6 nights, but didn't want to pass up a great deal! :cool1:

We are on the DDP, just the regular one. We have only done the dining plan one other time; in 2006 (I believe), when the appetizer was still included.

We really wanted to try a lot of new places, so thought the dining plan was the best way to do so :banana:

First of all, here are a few new things I'd like to try:
Sunshine Seasons- we've never eaten here, but I hear a=it's a great CS deal)
KRNR Snacks- I saw the "Flavor Burst" on another dining report & want to try this so bad!
Flame Tree Barbecue- I finally went here on my honeymoon trip and loved it as a CS, but my mom has yet to try it

So... now on to the TS meals!
:cloud9:

Sat. May 16th- We did not plan an ADR this day, but we really want to try the new T-Rex Cafe this night, so hope it works out!

Our ADR's
Sun. May 17th- Lunch, Grand Floridian Cafe
Mon. May 18th- Dinner, Biergarten
Tues. May 19th- Dinner, Whispering Canyon Cafe
Wed. May 20th- Dinner, Mama Melrose's
Thurs. May 21st- B-fast, Chef Mickey's / Dinner, Rose & Crown
Friday May 22nd- Lunch, The Plaza Restaurant

The only TS restaurants on this list that we have tried before are The Plaza (one of our favorites; love the quaint atmosphere of it), and I went to Chef Mickey's for breakfast on my honeymoon, but my mom wants to try it.

:wizard: I am going to try to come up with a fun way to pass the time until our trip comes along and I actually have reviews... maybe a "Picture of the Day" or something :) Hope you enjoy, I'll update soon!

Hi!

DD, our dc (dear cousin) and I are going the same week as you! We'll be there the 15th to the 22nd. We are hitting some of the same ADRs but on different days.

I hope you have a wonderful time!

:goodvibes

Oh thank goodness you're gonna be there right after me, I can't keep changin' ADRs and I have mine at other places. :lmao:

Looks like you got some good places picked out, you sure about those? ;)

I read a review this morning for Tutto Italia and had to change one of mine because I needed
yet another reservation for Tutto so I have the chance to taste even more off the menu. :lmao:

Oh thank goodness you're gonna be there right after me, I can't keep changin' ADRs and I have mine at other places. :lmao:

Looks like you got some good places picked out, you sure about those? ;)

I read a review this morning for Tutto Italia and had to change one of mine because I needed
yet another reservation for Tutto so I have the chance to taste even more off the menu. :lmao:

Welcome! Yes, I think we'll keep this (at least for now)... a lot of them are new for us. I would like to try Tutto sometime; just don't think I have any more room this trip! :rotfl:

Sorry I can't really help, the only ones on your list of ADRs that my DF and I have only been to is Chef Mickey's ( which was top 2 favorite character meals:goodvibes ) and plaza (which we thought was ok, the dessert of course was the best part). but we are going to go to whispering canyon in july and we're really looking forward to it:cool1:!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter