Be Our Guest lunch

tink0283

Mouseketeer
I was just able to grab a lunch reservation at Be Our Guest for our upcoming December trip. We will be on the quick service dining plan and so I was wanting to try it out since it is only a counter service credit. We were able to eat breakfast there last year, so this time I wanted to try out lunch.
Can anyone give insight, opinions, lunch pics, etc to help me decide what to order? My husband is a pretty basic eater and I will also have my 2 daughters, ages 5 and 7, with me. I am more adventurous with food, but the rest of my family is pretty boring when it comes to trying things. My 7 year old will most likely go with the kids grilled chicken, but not sure about the rest of my bunch. Any pics or reviews would be greatly appreciated!

I had the braised chicken and the French dip on our last trip and would get both again. I liked the old braised pork better, but like the vegetables with the chicken more than what came with the pork (asparagus rather than green beans). The French dip is huge and has a lot of meat. I'm a sucker for any French dip, really. This one is pretty simple, without any extra sauces.

We really liked the braised pork. We weren’t as impressed with the chicken. It used to be our favorite meal, but the last time, my kids said they were more interested in trying new restaurants. I think the French dip and the croquet monster are both good. I wish they had a few more lunch options. My kids just aren’t that big into sandwiches.

My husband and I enjoyed lunch there. I had the French Dip sandwich and he had the braised pork - which he said was tasty. It doesn't seem to be on the lunch menu anymore - so shows you how long it's been since we've had lunch there! The only thing my kids would eat were the French fries -so we only do breakfast there now.

I liked the braised pork. I wouldn’t say it was “memorable” but the restaurant was a great experience.
The only negative at the time was the ordering process. Now that you can preorder your meal 30 days in advance, that ordeal can be skipped!

I liked the braised pork. I wouldn’t say it was “memorable” but the restaurant was a great experience.
The only negative at the time was the ordering process. Now that you can preorder your meal 30 days in advance, that ordeal can be skipped!
Were you not able to preorder initially? I can't remember that far back. I know when I went for the first time in 2015 I preordered at 30 days out. It definitely saves a lot of time just looking at how long the lines get to order there!

These are lunch pics of the Braised Chicken, Croque Monsieur, and Cannellini Bean Cassoulet. We all enjoyed our meals.

Attachments

• 261.JPG
    261.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 57
  • 262.JPG
    262.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 57
  • 263.JPG
    263.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 56
We ate there twice on our last trip. The carved turkey and French dip sandwiches are both great!

We had BOG lunch yesterday and I got the braised chicken. It was honestly terrible. I would not order it again. We loved the braised pork from trips past, but the chicken is just not good. I didn’t even make it past a few bites (I did fish out the small portion of mashed potatoes that were squished underneath it... those were ok). Luckily my daughter is a very light eater and gave me half of her French dip so I didn’t starve.

We had lunch there last Saturday. I was not a big fan of the French Dip, as the au jus was too watered down for my liking. The meat though was fine. My friends each got the braised chicken and loved it.

The best advice I can give is to pre-order online (via the website) before you arrive to check in for your reservation. It will speed up the process tremendously.

It was terrible for lunch. Dirty, loud, cold/bad food.

If you must go, get a snack (the grey stuff was indeed pretty good) and plan on filling up elsewhere. The French Onion soup was edible and the only part of our main course anyone (me) finished.

I did a write up about our experience here recently.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/reading-about-peoples-meals-is-tight-sep-27-oct-5th.3773832/page-2

Don't say you weren't warned! :)
Shows that everyone has a different perspective, as I've had the complete opposite, wonderful experiences on each of the 6 times I've been over the years.

We typically eat lunch there at least once on every trip. We've not had an experience that was bad yet in 7 or 8 visits over the last several years.
I agree, I enjoyed the Pork better than the Chicken, but the Chicken wasn't bad. The French Dip isn't the best I've ever had, but it was good. My wife had the shrimp salad the last time we were there it was good. The French Onion soup is always good. The croque monsieur isn't Les Halles in Epcot, but it was decent.
Considering that QS meals at MK are not great anywhere, BOG is the best of the bunch IOO. MK just is not at AKL QS or EPCOT level by any stretch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter