• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Be Our Guest lunch

magicwdw

Dis Veteran
Is it still possible to walk in for lunch at BOG these days? I have had good luck doing this the past few trips in late January arriving around 10:15-10:30 am. I will still be trying to get an ADR hoping someone cancels though. Just wondering if they still let some people in at certain times without reservations. Thanks

When we were there in September for lunch around 11:30 we saw a group of 3 who were able to walk in without a reservation. I guess that's the exception rather than the norm though.

It's possible but highly unlikely. Every time I've checked in there are people trying to get in without an ADR and I've always heard the message, "sorry, reservations only."

I should imagine it depends on the time of your visit. Thanksgiving and Christmas will likely be impossible but on quiet days in between you never know, good luck may smile on you.

If you've been unable to get reservations so far, keep looking especially in the couple days before you want to dine there. I've seen ADRs open up for popular places 24-72 hours in advance as people cancel before being charged the fee. But, no, generally no walk-ups.

If you've been unable to get reservations so far, keep looking especially in the couple days before you want to dine there. I've seen ADRs open up for popular places 24-72 hours in advance as people cancel before being charged the fee. But, no, generally no walk-ups.
I agree with Narawen. I had a BOG lunch reserved 6 mo in advance then had to change the dates of our visit and now, nothing is available 3 mo out. I've been stalking the Disney Reservations System and a pattern emerged. I would start looking (repeatedly) a few days in advance Specifically about 24 - 48 hours out. Although I am not going to MK in October, I've seen multiple lunch ressies open up this last week about 24 - 48 hours before as people make last minute cancellations to avoid the fee.

1. They take ADR's to fill the restaurant.
2. There are no ADR's available.
3. Must mean the restaurant is full.
4. Full restaurant means no walk-ups.

It's the most popular restaurant on Disney property. There have been RARE instances of folks being able to walk-up in the last couple of years that they started taking ADR's for breakfast and lunch....the they are just that....RARE. If it has happened to you before, consider yourself LUCKY.

4. Full restaurant means no walk-ups.
The last few years I couldn't get an ADR the day before or the day of and I arrived at 10:15 and was let in for lunch shortly after. Maybe the end of January is slower. I will keep checking especially as I get within a day or two of arrival. If I can't snag one, I will still show up and maybe I'll get lucky again.

When we were there a few weeks ago we had dinner at BOG and loved it so much we wanted to try breakfast or lunch. I kept checking throughout the day and managed to snag a lunch for the next day as soon as it popped up. So it is definitely worth it to keep checking as people do cancel and change plans.

I don't suppose anyone has tips or tricks for trying to snag a BOG Lunch or Dinner res? We're hoping to eat there on December 7th, but our trip was put together in September (way after the 180 days). My niece is 9 and her favorite princess is Belle. I hate feeling like this trip isn't going to be everything she wanted because of a silly restaurant.

I don't suppose anyone has tips or tricks for trying to snag a BOG Lunch or Dinner res? We're hoping to eat there on December 7th, but our trip was put together in September (way after the 180 days). My niece is 9 and her favorite princess is Belle. I hate feeling like this trip isn't going to be everything she wanted because of a silly restaurant.
Try the restaurant reservation cancellation boards in the restaurants thread and set up a reservation finder on touring plans. You'll have to create an account, but it's not the one you have to pay for. I made reservations at 180 days for my early December trip and got all the hard to get ADRs and some craziness happened and we moved our trip to the week leading up to Christmas, I was still about to get BOG and Ohana dinner ADRs!

Try the restaurant reservation cancellation boards in the restaurants thread and set up a reservation finder on touring plans. You'll have to create an account, but it's not the one you have to pay for. I made reservations at 180 days for my early December trip and got all the hard to get ADRs and some craziness happened and we moved our trip to the week leading up to Christmas, I was still about to get BOG and Ohana dinner ADRs!
Thanks so much! I had no idea touringplans.com had a reservation finder or even a basic account! Took a little while to find, but I'm signed up. Any idea how reliable this service might be?

Thanks so much! I had no idea touringplans.com had a reservation finder or even a basic account! Took a little while to find, but I'm signed up. Any idea how reliable this service might be?
I've found 2 Ohana, 2 BOG and 1 chef Mickey! Once I get the text I go to the MDE app to get the res instead of using their link. It's only not been a reservation after getting the alert a few times probably because of a planned transfer or I saw it too late. Once they find you one, they turn off that search so if you didn't take it or get it you will need to turn that search on again

ADRs are not terribly difficult to get for BOG breakfast and lunch. I often go multiple times per trip. Even with extremely last minute trips I have always found cancellations. I have good luck looking at night around midnight. I have never found a BOG dinner reservation until my upcoming trip and that was just pure dumb luck.

On my first trip back to Disney, my mom and myself were able to walk up and get a dinner reservation at 9 in the morning. However, this time we're traveling with 4 and we won't be getting to the park until 3... So I've been stalking the Be Our Guest reservation page.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter