• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Be Our Guest" Lunch Review Wanted

WendyWonderland

Mouseketeer
It's looking less and less likely we'll be able to snag a reservation, so we're strongly leaning towards trying out lunch.

How was it? Is the ordering system on the touch screen easy to navigate? Do you seat yourself after you order, or do they seat you? How long did you wait?

Thanks in advance! :goodvibes

It's looking less and less likely we'll be able to snag a reservation, so we're strongly leaning towards trying out lunch.

How was it? Is the ordering system on the touch screen easy to navigate? Do you seat yourself after you order, or do they seat you? How long did you wait?

Thanks in advance! :goodvibes

While I'm sure there are many that are tired of seeing this review, it may be helpful to you...loaded with photos and our entire lunch experience from the time we got in line to the time we left (and all in between :goodvibes...hope it helps).:thumbsup2
OUR BE OUR GUEST LUNCH EXPERIENCE

We did lunch at BOG for my day's 76th B-day May 17. Had a great lunch. We got in line around 12:30 and waited maybe 30 minutes. We were given menus to look at while in line. Once in the castle it was fun looking at the decor--the talking armor was entertaining. The only problem we had with ordering was the family in front of us who were insisting that their 3-year old make his own lunch selection. Gr-r-r. Got switched to another line then back. Anyway we finally got to order--not difficult if you're not 3. From the ordering area you go into the ballroom dining room. It was noisy and difficult to find a table for 6; however, a CM suggested we try the next dining room. We went into what I guess is Belle's room and it was beautiful and quiet--very little commotion. We quickly and easily found a large table, got our drinks from the soda station and waited for our meal. It arrived in a timely manner and everyone was pleased with their lunch. Portions were large. It was a great experience; I'd do it again no hesitation. We glanced into the third dining room before leaving--west wing "destroyed" by Beast. Dark and gloomy but kind of cool. :-) My boys (17 and 22) said next time we were eating in there. Get in line before 1:30 and you're in for a great lunch experience.

We did lunch at BOG for my day's 76th B-day May 17. Had a great lunch. We got in line around 12:30 and waited maybe 30 minutes. We were given menus to look at while in line. Once in the castle it was fun looking at the decor--the talking armor was entertaining. The only problem we had with ordering was the family in front of us who were insisting that their 3-year old make his own lunch selection. Gr-r-r. Got switched to another line then back. Anyway we finally got to order--not difficult if you're not 3. From the ordering area you go into the ballroom dining room. It was noisy and difficult to find a table for 6; however, a CM suggested we try the next dining room. We went into what I guess is Belle's room and it was beautiful and quiet--very little commotion. We quickly and easily found a large table, got our drinks from the soda station and waited for our meal. It arrived in a timely manner and everyone was pleased with their lunch. Portions were large. It was a great experience; I'd do it again no hesitation. We glanced into the third dining room before leaving--west wing "destroyed" by Beast. Dark and gloomy but kind of cool. :-) My boys (17 and 22) said next time we were eating in there. Get in line before 1:30 and you're in for a great lunch experience.

Oh goodness, that's like the parents who let their small children work the self-checkout at grocery stores and such while there's a huge line of peopel waiting. :laughing:

Thanks for the review! We're looking forward to it. Did it seem like the main ballroom was more full than the others?

We had BOG lunch the week of Christmas

We got in line at 1030 it was right over the bridge but moved quickly once the doors opened a few min before 11. We ordered thru a CM & a touch screen menu, were shown to our seats. Had just enough time to get our drinks when out come the rolling cart with our meal!

I has the croque Monsieur which was pretty good, DH had the steak sandwich ( that was before the change) & we exchanged halves, his sandwich was really good, steak was like a breakfast steak thickness & the garlic mayo really accompanied it nicely! French fries were the normal CS fries..

We both had the strawberry cupcakes, they were really good! If I didn't have BOG booked for dinner when we return I'd go back for lunch!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Awesome review, can't wait to do lunch there now

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We ate dinner at BOG on Tuesday and went back for lunch on Friday. I thought lunch was MUCH better than dinner, at least dollar-for-dollar.

We showed up around 1:00 and waited about 20 minutes to get in. They offer menus to those waiting in line. Once you are inside, the queue continues through to the touchscreen area. Our family found the touchscreen very easy to navigate ... but others around us were obviously having trouble. (Probably because, like the poster above, the family in front of us insisted on allowing each of their four children to operate the screen themselves. For crying out loud, save the electronic experimentation for Innoventions or something - we are trying to EAT here.)

Anyway, IMO, if you are familiar and comfortable with using an iPad or iPhone or similar touchscreen devices, it just isn't very difficult.

Once you have ordered, you can choose any open table in the restaurant. We sat in the Library for lunch, as we had already eaten in the ballroom for dinner and visited the west wing. All three are beautiful, but the ballroom is probably the most visually impressive (and the most crowded).

Food is delivered to your table by a server, who finds you using a plastic red rose that was provided before you ordered at the touchscreen. The rose apparently has GPS or similar technology that tells the server where to go. (In fact, our kids actually followed a server around for a minute watching the screen on their delivery cart - it automatically tells the server which way to turn using little arrows, based on the location of the rose.) Drinks are self-serve at stations in each room.

As to the food: I had the braised pork with mashed potatoes and green beans jardiniere, and it was FANTASTIC. My favorite meal of the trip (including the far more expensive steak dinner at BOG earlier in the week), and a tremendous quality and quantity of food at $11.99. Kids had croque monsieur/fries, which were also very good, and DW had the tuna nicoise salad which she declared excellent as well. Cupcakes for dessert were good, but nothing extraordinary.

All told, I would very highly recommend BOG for lunch. Happy eating!

That was great, thank you!

How do they know where to bring your food? Is that what the plastic rose puck-looking thing is?

Sorry I haven't looked back on the posts, YES, to answer your question, that plastic rose is a locator so that's how they know where to find you. Pretty great gadget if you ask me.;) (great to have one of those on your kids in the parks:lmao:)

...and to previous OP about the whole family before you trying to operate the touchscreen, now that just would have driven me nuts LOL!! Definitely advantages and DIS-advantages to self-service ordering.;) ...even with a CM standing by each kiosk, or are they not doing that anymore??

ate lunch here last week. food was AWESOME!!!! My dd and I both ordered the kids meal with mickey meatloaf and it was really good. I had the broccoli and squash and DD had the broccoli and substituted fries for the squash. Neither of us loved the orange dipping sauce but the meatloaf was well seasoned and didn't need sauce. we got 3 desserts since we couldn't decide and shared. The lemon cupcake was not good. neither of us ate more than 1 bite. The strawberry cupcake and the passion fruit cream puff were both delicious! we fought over those! :rotfl2:

only bad part of this was the wait to get in. It took 1 hour from the time we got in line (end of the bridge) to the time we got our order taken. I hated the fact that everyone used the touch screens because it really SLOWED the line down significantly. people were taking FOREVER at those screens. I kid you not, I got put behind a guy who literally took almost 10 minutes to get his order in! I didn't find the ordering process to be confusing when I got there, but the touch screen seemed to have a huge lapse from when you touched the screen and tried to scroll or choose something. Almost as if the screen was broken from too many people banging on it. i wonder if the other screens were like that too?? Anyway, after finally getting the order in we went to fight for a table but found that the ballroom was over half empty, the west wing had seats available (and it was SMALL), and the last room also had plenty of seating! I guess I had assumed the restraunt was packed because of the wait/line but I would guesstimate that half the tables in the restraunt were empty! The huge wait/line is because of the ordering system, not the lack of space! they need to put CM's back in charge of ordering to get people through faster in my opinion!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter